Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Ic] Prisoners Of War

SpaceHelicopters

Welcome, tenno, to your life sentence...

*Note: The Carcere receives new groups of prisoners daily. If you're interested in joining in on the fun, check in here.*

kNX7pdS.png

A large Corpus ship slowly drifted through the E Gate sector of Venus. Her name; the Carcere. A place where people went to rot. The Corpus had been sending prisoners of war and other criminals to the Carcere since the beginning of the Gradivus Dilemma. Prisoners' wills were broken on a daily basis, pivotal information torn from burning lungs and relayed to every Corpus executive the moment it was 'coaxed' out of it's host. If a prisoner wouldn't break, they were shipped to one of the many research vessels in the area. For science. For money. For victory. At least, that's what they had to tell themselves so that they could stomach looking at their reflections come the next morning. Yes, they were prisoners, scum, enemies...but, they were living beings. To know what unspeakable horrors they were about to undergo, let alone give the order or perform the deed yourself, would make those with even the strongest of convictions question their beliefs. It was sickening. And the sad part? People could say, "Well, happens all the time. I'm used to it." No man should be able to say such things in regards to the pained screams that echoed down the halls leading to the research labs. And yet, it was all just a part of the cycle.

A cycle that was starting another circuit as a prison shuttle carrying a fresh batch of prisoners raced towards the machina mortus. 

"Zulu-1-5 to Carcere, do you copy?"

"We read you loud an clear, Zulu. Got anything good?"

"Just some prisoners. Mostly those Perrin Sequence traitors, but we do have a tenno."

"A tenno!?"

"Yup, report says he was ambushed outside Arcadia."

"Ha! Looks like we'll be getting a nice pile of creds from research!"

"You said it."

"Docking bay A-11 has been cleared for you. Look me up when you're shift ends, drinks are on me."

"Copy that."

A voice spoke to the contents of the shuttle's cargo hold, "Good luck in there. You're gonna need it."  A soft rocking and the sound of activity outside indicated that the shuttle had landed. There was a metallic whirring as the hold's doors unlocked, then opened in a flash of white light. As the light dimmed, two Corpus technicians armed with Supras could be seen aiming their weapons inside the compartment.

"Alright, come on out, nice and easy." one of the technicians said.

"Any sudden movement will be treated as a threat, and we will not hesitate to put you down." the other added.

More armed Corpus Crewmen stood outside, ready to act if they needed to. They were lined up on either side of the walkway leading out of the shuttle. Standing at the end and in them middle of the two lanes of Crewmen was another tall Corpus. His suit was yellow and his helmet bore orange markings. He spoke softly, yet his voice could easily be heard by those residing inside the shuttle's cargo hold:

"Welcome aboard the Carcere."

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

Saras Aleo.

Negotiator.

Director.

Double Agent.

After a Corpus Trap, She was sentenced to life for Conspiracy and Terrorist charges. "Life in Prison, oh boy. Okay Saras. Calm down. You'll get though it" and the Double Agent followed onto the ship. looking at the ties that binded her. using both hands to cover the blinding light from her eyes as she stepped aboard the prison ship.

This will be a long life sentence, No question about it.

Edited by Drakeardian

Two by two, we stuck them down

Two by two, we were never found

Two by two, we fought and won

One by one, I was undone.

It was rather problematic for Umbra to be captured and de-powered. The stocks he was locked in was probably a bit overkill for his captors, but then again, none of them were the crew that woke him up from cryosleep and therefore didn't know that all they had to do was offer him some chocolate to shut him up for the trip.

The Ash struggled against his restraints, hoping to get out of them before they got to the station. No real luck: not even a groan of relent from the comically medieval cuffs. He sighed

"This is going to be a long day." He muttered.

Two by two, dark and null

Two by two, struck at the hull

Two by two, yet one did die

One by one, and here I lie.

Alva walked slowly with caution down the shuttle ramp and aboard the prison ship. She looked over to the weapons pointed at her and quickly decided that it was in her best interest to do as they say.

One sh*ty little mistake was all it took. The universe really knew how to hit you below the belt and boy had she felt that now. She gave a tired sigh as she walked. Right now she wondered why she hadn't just kept her desk job. Why for the excitement of course? And a chance to put her abilities to the test. And now see where that had brought her. A fast ticket to prison.

She tried to stay positive and walk with her head held high. Though she had to admit, she felt pretty small right about now. If only that executive hadn't been such a scatterbrain an returned to the office to get whatever it was he had forgotten then she wouldn't be here right now.

'Stay calm Alva, you'll find a way to cope, you always find a way.' She thought to herself in attempt to calm her nerves. This had not gone according to her plan.

She came to a halt on a safe distance in front of a tall man with a markings on his Corpus helmet as he said in an oddly soft voice "Welcome aboard the Carcere"

-snip-

After a Corpus Trap, She was sentenced to life for Conspiracy and Terrorist charges. "Life in Prison, oh boy. Okay Saras. Calm down. You'll get though it" and the Double Agent followed onto the ship. looking at the ties that binded her. using both hands to cover the blinding light from her eyes as she stepped aboard the prison ship.

This will be a long life sentence, No question about it.

Two Crewman on either side of Saras firmly seized her by her arms and brought her forward to the tall, marked Crewman.

-snip-

It was rather problematic for Umbra to be captured and de-powered. The stocks he was locked in was probably a bit overkill for his captors, but then again, none of them were the crew that woke him up from cryosleep and therefore didn't know that all they had to do was offer him some chocolate to shut him up for the trip.

The Ash struggled against his restraints, hoping to get out of them before they got to the station. No real luck: not even a groan of relent from the comically medieval cuffs. He sighed

"This is going to be a long day." He muttered.

-snip-

"You too, tenno." one of the technicians said as he motioned for Umbra to disembark.

"One false move, and it's lights out, betrayer." the other technician spat.

Edited by SpaceHelicopters

Two Crewman on either side of Saras firmly seized her by her arms and brought her forward to the tall, marked Creman.

"You too, tenno." one of the technicians said as he motioned for Umbra to disembark.

The 6 foot 2 woman looked to the guards that manhandled her. "I can walk freely, thank you!" she called out as she was brought forth before the crewman. keeping a brave face on her "What is this about?"

Edited by Drakeardian

"I'll have you know I fought for the Orokin during the fall." Umbra replied. "More than one of my kin fell to my blade as I defended the Emperors."

Umbra moved forward and fell over, somersaulting a couple of times under the weight of his restraints. He sighed in annoyance and resignation. If he had to wear these stocks for the entire stay, Lotus preserve him, something was going to get a hole punched through it. At the rate this was going, it was most likely going to be a bulkhead.

Elog could not believe his luck, or lack thereof.

He was walking around Saturn, in a small bar, trying to see if there were other stolen goods from other thieves he could help sell, and luck seemed to notice him, as there was a masked man that showed him a bunch of valuable tech to sell. He thought he would make a fortune from this man's stash, so he followed the man down an alley, as he said that is where his main stash is. What Elog did not anticipate was that there was a group of Corpus, a group that was interested in his very high bounty, knocked him out. The next thing he knew, he was in this prison, rotting away while the Corpus wardens were talking about how he would be doing a good deed to make up for being a Betrayer.

"The good deed you could do now is to let me free.", he cursed in his mind as another Corpus warden walked past his dinky cell. 

Alva walked slowly with caution down the shuttle ramp and aboard the prison ship. She looked over to the weapons pointed at her and quickly decided that it was in her best interest to do as they say.

-snip-

She came to a halt on a safe distance in front of a tall man with a markings on his Corpus helmet as he said in an oddly soft voice "Welcome aboard the Carcere"

The 6 foot 2 woman looked to the guards that manhandled her. "I can walk freely, thank you!" she called out as she was brought forth before the crewman. keeping a brave face on her "What is this about?"

"I'll have you know I fought for the Orokin during the fall." Umbra replied. "More than one of my kin fell to my blade as I defended the Emperors."

Umbra moved forward and fell over, somersaulting a couple of times under the weight of his restraints. He sighed in annoyance and resignation. If he had to wear these stocks for the entire stay, Lotus preserve him, something was going to get a hole punched through it. At the rate this was going, it was most likely going to be a bulkhead.

Seeing him struggle, the two technicians stepped forward and assisted Umbra. The one to his right hoisted him up by his upper arm, moving with his body to prevent any discomfort. The technician to his left, however, snatched his upper arm up, not caring if he hurt the tenno. Both moved together and walked Umbra to the marked Crewman and released him, the technician on the left smacking the back of his head to add further insult. The right technician merely sighed disapprovingly at the display.

"What this is about," the marked Crewman said as he reached for his helmet's release. His voice was low and gravely, conveying a morbid tone. "Is that I like to get an idea of just who is stepping aboard my prison." He removed his helmet. His mechanical, blue eyes were cold and calculating, and the black, Corpus markings across his face showed that he was a man of great importance. A scar ran across his forehead.  "That, is what this is about." 

Seeing him struggle, the two technicians stepped forward and assisted Umbra. The one to his right hoisted him up by his upper arm, moving with his body to prevent any discomfort. The technician to his left, however, snatched his upper arm up, not caring if he hurt the tenno. Both moved together and walked Umbra to the marked Crewman and released him, the technician on the left smacking the back of his head to add further insult. The right technician merely sighed disapprovingly at the display.

"What this is about," the marked Crewman said as he reached for his helmet's release. His voice was low and gravely, conveying a morbid tone. "Is that I like to get an idea of just who is stepping aboard my prison." He removed his helmet. His mechanical, blue eyes were cold and calculating, and the black, Corpus markings across his face showed that he was a man of great importance. A scar ran across his forehead.  "That, is what this is about." 

The Diplomat perked an eyebrow before looking to the two guards. She then looked back to the warden and looked at her restraints for a moment.

Clearly she didn't have any questions.

Vadik Ro awoke with a yawn, and peered around the shuttle he was in, and noticed the doors were open.  Ro unhooked himself from his seat, donned his helmet, and grabbed his Tetra.  "It appears that I am late."  He thought to himself.  Not that he cared, in fact, he couldn't care any less. He silently walked down the ramp and was greeted with a large man who he assumed to be the warden already scolding a prisoner, and decided to interrupt.  "Sorry to interrupt Sir, but my name is Sergeant Vadik Ro, and I was transferred from the Mars sector."  He said as politely as humanly possible, hoping to start off smoothly.

Lefty didn't really bother Umbra that much. Hell, with Umbra de-powered and his Energy Siphon mod removed, he had to shut down non-essential systems just to move his legs. Pain receptors fell under such 'non-essential' systems, along with temperature regulation and stabilizers. Besides, metal gloves or no, punching cybernetics-grade ferrite polymers was probably a bad idea, unless you had decent training with sidearms and were ambidextrous.

Umbra stood up as straight as he could in front of the marked crewman. "You're the warden of this boat, I take it?" Umbra said. "I'd offer to shake your hand, but I think Lefty here might try to blast it off."

Vadik Ro awoke with a yawn, and peered around the shuttle he was in, and noticed the doors were open.  Ro unhooked himself from his seat, donned his helmet, and grabbed his Tetra.  "It appears that I am late."  He thought to himself.  Not that he cared, in fact, he couldn't care any less. He silently walked down the ramp and was greeted with a large man who he assumed to be the warden already scolding a prisoner, and decided to interrupt.  "Sorry to interrupt Sir, but my name is Sergeant Vadik Ro, and I was transferred from the Mars sector."  He said as politely as humanly possible, hoping to start off smoothly.

The Warden shot the transfer an impatient look. "I will get to you in a moment."

Lefty didn't really bother Umbra that much. Hell, with Umbra de-powered and his Energy Siphon mod removed, he had to shut down non-essential systems just to move his legs. Pain receptors fell under such 'non-essential' systems, along with temperature regulation and stabilizers. Besides, metal gloves or no, punching cybernetics-grade ferrite polymers was probably a bad idea, unless you had decent training with sidearms and were ambidextrous.

Umbra stood up as straight as he could in front of the marked crewman. "You're the warden of this boat, I take it?" Umbra said. "I'd offer to shake your hand, but I think Lefty here might try to blast it off."

The warden smiled, however the smile appeared to be devoid of any comfort. "A joker. How pleasant. I have a feeling my underlings will enjoy their time with you in the interrogation chamber."

The Diplomat perked an eyebrow before looking to the two guards. She then looked back to the warden and looked at her restraints for a moment.

Clearly she didn't have any questions.

Satisfied, the warden donned his helmet again. "Take them through processing." 

The prisoners were led away by the Crewmen nearest them.

The warden pulled another Crewman aside and motioned towards the shuttle. "Double check that we've gotten all of the prisoners. We wouldn't want to seem hostile to our guests, now would we?" The Crewman nodded and stepped up the ramp to the vessel.

Finally, the Warden stepped towards his newest subordinate. "Sorry about that. A mister Vadik Ro, is it?"

Umbra smiled behind his helmet as he was lead away. Interrogation? For whom? Me or the Corpus?
That reminded him: interrogation often includes electroshock 'therapy.' Maybe he could rig up something that diverts incoming energy directly to reserves...might be difficult, but there were bound to be plenty of circuit boards and salvage lying around somewhere. It was a Corpus ship, after all.

One by one, I began the fun

One by one, My thought to 'run'

One by one, I began to fear

Two by two, that he draws near.

Rak'Shi yawned, and opened an eye as she noticed the ship's dropping off some new prisoners, she stood and stretched, getting a few whistles as she stepped from the cell block to wait outside the decontamination area. She glared at those who whistled, and leaned against a wall, nonchalantly awaiting the new arrivals. Having been asleep, she didn't yet know what rotation they were on, and would have to await an announcement before she knew what the prison wanted her to do.

Antus was in the recreational room, curled up in a ball. He knew what he did, killing those Grineer and Corpus members... He sided with the Tenno, seeing that they are heroes, godlike figures in his eyes. The closest thing he could be was being a member of the Arbiter of Hexis, who support the Tenno.

He kept to himself in his cell, saying nothing really. After the death of his family, a month prior to being capture does say something; he is nervous to meet new people.

He heard some slight rumblings outside the ship as new members were docked. He sighed and went back to being in his ball form. He wasn't really enthused about this.

Sergeant Ro stood at attention.  "Yes Sir.  I assume you have received my dossier."  He said, again being polite.  Oh how he hated to be polite.  "Get on with it..."  He thought impatiently to himself.  

"I have indeed. Know that I'll be keeping an eye on you." the warden began to walk away, then turned back. "If you need any help getting around, he," he said as he pointed to the Crewman who had just stepped out of the shuttle, signaling that it indeed was empty, "would be more than happy to assist you." The Crewman, froze in place, confused as to why he'd been brought to attention.

The prisoners had been led single file to a large room with doors in all four directions. The one behind them led back into the hangar, the ones on the left and right led to guard-only areas, and on either side of the desk in front of them were two scanners that led to gender specific decontamination chambers. Men on the left, women to the right.

The impatient desk attendant gave the 'hurry up' gesture to the group of prisoners. Alva was first in line, followed by Saras, and finally Umbra, who still had his technician escorts.

Elog trotted around the cell, still cursing himself and the wardens here about his sheer bad luck, as well as a bit to Zephyr.

"If you didn't have to say that you gave up that path... I wouldn't be here right now, with my Liset still in that godforsaken place, and me probably having my head served to the Lotus...". He felt his wrists, missing the warm feeling of his hidden blades that he used so much on his Ash Warframe, and then hit the wall with his fist in anger and frustration. 

Elog trotted around the cell, still cursing himself and the wardens here about his sheer bad luck, as well as a bit to Zephyr.

"If you didn't have to say that you gave up that path... I wouldn't be here right now, with my Liset still in that godforsaken place, and me probably having my head served to the Lotus...". He felt his wrists, missing the warm feeling of his hidden blades that he used so much on his Ash Warframe, and then hit the wall with his fist in anger and frustration. 

"Hey!" a Prova wielding Crewman hollered as he rapped his discipline tool against Elog's cell bars. "Keep it down in there, you tenno scum" the Crewman said, words dripping with venom as he spit in his cell. The Crewmen were never nice to the tenno. Then again, they never really had a reason to be nice to them either.

"I have indeed. Know that I'll be keeping an eye on you." the warden began to walk away, then turned back. "If you need any help getting around, he," he said as he pointed to the Crewman who had just stepped out of the shuttle, signaling that it indeed was empty, "would be more than happy to assist you." The Crewman, froze in place, confused as to why he'd been brought to attention.

Sergeant Ro glanced at the crewman the Warden had indicated to him, and looked back at the Warden.  "Thank you Sir."  Was all he could say before the Warden walked off with the prisoners.  Ro looked back at the crewman and approached him, taking his helmet off as he drew closer.  "I was told you would be willing to help me."  Ro stated matter-o-factly.  "So, where's the administrative offices, nobody told me what I was going to be doing, or what schedule I'm on."  Ro said with a smile.

Umbra looked at the scanners and wondered if they'd work on him. Anything that differentiated him from being male or female was eradicated when that Liset parked itself on top of him. He shivered coldly at the memory of that.

His thoughts then turned back to escaping, and possibilities. Did Sudo manage to transmit itself to Lysandra? Did the Intention of Regret still lie lingering near the Arcadia node? Was his Liset still in operable condition? Would Lysandra care about her dear brother? Most likely to all of them, but he didn't possess the best luck in the universe. That other guy did, though. Maybe they'd let Umbra get one phone call out, at least.

Alva had with some interest noted that there seemed to be different opinions among the guards concerning the Tenno. One not having any problem doing more harm than necessary and the other seemed to be against it. At least that's what it looked like. If this was in general against all prisoners then she really will have to watch her step. On the other hand there were at least going to be some guards who wouldn't take every chance to turn her life to a complete hell.

Though she had to admit, she sort of liked that Tenno already. He had humour, which she appreciated. The Sequence woman then continued moving when they were told so. Being first in line made it difficult to take a better look at the other prisoners without having the guards on her case. She wanted to say something, start a conversation, anything, this heavy serious silence was unbearable. But one part of her brain, probably her better judgment, told her that talking probably wasn't the best moment.

There was also another thing bothering her. The tall man had mentioned interrogation. Why would one be interrogated in a prison? Wasn't this her punishment? The ones who caught her had already interrogated her so why more if they had already been condemned? All this really was out of her comfort zone, and she detected no sympathy from any of the prison staff.  

With all these things tumbling around inside her head, Alva went to the right for the women's contamination.