Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, How Could We Make The Glaive A Win-Win Situation? My Try...

Venarge

Stalker drops would be cool, but that's just more RNG. I've never even seen the Stalker yet, not once.

Well thats true >.< Thats something I really see as a problem with him. Since I wanted to make the glaive a bit less rng ^^

Maybe he drops a special "stalker" skin :D

And something else drops the parts instead. At leasthe could wield it.

And thanks for your feedback =)

I think I'm one of the few who is happy with the Glaive. (Other than the no BP in Market thing) The only issue I see is when it's flying around you have no Melee.

There are 2 good suggestions for a quick fix for this in my opinion. 

- Click Melee Button again to return the Glaive to you while it's in mid-air.

- Make the Glaive a Side-Arm. <---This one could be a little too silly though.

As far as how it plays now, I actually like it. The ricochets are really rewarding too.

are they?|

whered this info come from?

My brain.

Potatoes are not the main money skin we have at our disposal for sure, if your referring to the different founder packs its is already in thought or do i really need to type that as a income for DE's? *duuh*

- Click Melee Button again to return the Glaive to you while it's in mid-air.

- Make the Glaive a Side-Arm. <---This one could be a little too silly though.

Thank you for your feedback =)

Melee to return would open some new ways to use the glaive.

I like to throw it and walk between enemies so the glaive actually hits them on the return. A button for return would be cool :D

Hmm. Sidearm. I dont think this would work since you wouldnt have any ammo for it cause it comes back to you and making it a sidearm wouldnt really change much in my opinion. But thats just my opinion^^

First off: I´m not really asking myself this question since DE always made awesome stuff. Same goes for the glaive.

And I really cant stop laughing when seeing people who say they wont support DE any longer until they make the glaive a normal BP. These childish demands are more than ridiculous.....

And still, I do understand the normal people who actually feel a bit screwed. Those who are not trying to create a mob and kill "FrankenDE" with forks and torches.....

Now have a look at my idea:

So, the glaive itself seems to be part of the orokin technology. Same goes for the warframes. The thing is to feel this weapons rarity, but dont make it only luck based. This idea might be a win-win situation for players and the DEVS.

Why not split the glaive into seperate parts. GRIP and BLADES. OPTIONAL COULD BE SYSTEM(Later more)

You would be able to buy the glaive BP in the market for 50/75k or something like that.

But now you would have to gather and create the other parts. And here we get to the win win part:

The win for the players:

The players would be able to actually farm for their glaive. Something they already do for their warframes. Not having to wait for for special alerts would be a huge step into the right way. I even go that far and say: make the parts a drop by the one we shall not talk about (Stalker). He could wield the weapon himself. he would be a more badass enemy as every other together.... But this was just my little side note ^^

And now we come to the win part for DE, what actually would be a win for the players I guess....

They could introduce more different glaives. Making different parts would give the player different glaives.

Longer blades for more range. Shorter blades for faster speed.

THE SYSTEM IDEA: The system could change the behavior of the glaive.

One system could make the glaive able to multi lock more enemies and the throw would hit these locked enemies.

Another system could make the glaive disarm an enemy, making him force into melee.

DE would be able to introduce more new weapons without the actual need to create a complete new weapon. I know that sounds a bit too easy here but I can imagine this would be a bit easier^^

Besides that, they could make some stylish looking blade skins for plata only.

Ok, much text, but I hope this could be a step into the right direction.

the ones of you who are actually interested in my systems idea, here are a few systems I came up so far:

Hydra system: makes you able to lock some enemies and the glaive will hit those locked enemies

Disarm system: Not able to bounce much but can disarm the enemy it hits and forces him into melee.

Trapper system: The place the glaive hits becomes a " trap". If an enemy steps on it/ is nearby it, it explodes and deals normal damage. And would enemies it hits turn into "walking bombs" who could damage nearby enemies.

Trickshot system: This provides a laser to show you which direction the glaive would use.

This glaive would not bounce away from enemies and simply fly the path the laser showed you in the beginning.

Dont understand why there isnt an aiming system like in dark sector where the glaive actually came from, you know where you'd throw the glaive and you'd be able to control it while it flies for some time and have the camera on the glaive while its flying? That S#&amp;&#036; was so fun in dark sector if they made the systems for the glaive but didnt have that it would be a shame. But anyway this is really what they should of done, I don't like the idea that I might go to sleep then wake up to see the glaive has been dropped in an alert while im sleeping. Having such an epic weapon be a luck based find is really #*(&#036;%%@ up.

Dont understand why there isnt an aiming system like in dark sector where the glaive actually came from, you know where you'd throw the glaive and you'd be able to control it while it flies for some time and have the camera on the glaive while its flying? That S#&$ was so fun in dark sector if they made the systems for the glaive but didnt have that it would be a shame. But anyway this is really what they should of done, I don't like the idea that I might go to sleep then wake up to see the glaive has been dropped in an alert while im sleeping. Having such an epic weapon be a luck based find is really #*($%%@ up.

Yeah this feature was badass. But wouldnt work here since it slowed time in Dark Sector so you were able to control it better ^^

I'm loving the idea bout separate systems giving different features for the glaive. I think it'd be a nice addition for a lot of weapons.

Thanks mate =)

Yeah this feature was badass. But wouldnt work here since it slowed time in Dark Sector so you were able to control it better ^^

Thanks mate =)

You could just slow the flight of the glaive rather than slowing down time. It would balance it and make it harder to use.

My brain.

Potatoes are not the main money skin we have at our disposal for sure, if your referring to the different founder packs its is already in thought or do i really need to type that as a income for DE's? *duuh*

I´d say its a combination of potatoes/slots/colors... And the optional skins for sentinenls are really fresh. But I think you are right and that these could bring a huge amount of money. Thats why we need these blade skins :D

Edited by Venarge

If they make all blueprints dropped from missions instead of for sale in the market, people who want to insta buy the glaive etc. would do this instead of buying the blueprint and rushing. Else you must run the missions for the blueprints.

Edited by Stygi

Haft is the general term you are looking for, it covers the grip, pommel and guard of swords, knives, daggers as well as in more modern useage including the handle assembly of axes, hammers and the like.

Edited by Loswaith

Haft is the general term you are looking for, it covers the grip, pommel and guard of swords, knives, daggers as well as in more modern useage including the handle assembly of axes, hammers and the like.

I don't think that's as widely known, though.

@ FatalX7: too true.

On a side note:

Nah. i dont like the actual idea behind only alert missions. This thing is too much luck based I guess :D

I see this comment allot and its not any different RNG from any other drop in the game accept in the order its done.

Normal drops are: Do mission, RNG selects award, gain award.

Alerts are: RNG selects award, do mission, gain award.

Only difference between alerts and normal drops is you know before doing the mission what you will get, as opposed to doing a misision and then knowing what you will get.

Benefit of the alert (other than a smaller pool of items) is you can avoid doing all the ones that dont drop the item if you so desire.

Edited by Loswaith

Thanks for the knowledge, my fellow Tenno.

I'm really clueless when it comes to anything larger than scapel.

Ohhh, the idea of making weapon from customizable parts is really good. Why limit with just Glaive?

Hilt, handle, blade, and other parts for melee weapon for the win!

Yeah. Might be cool. I just had this feeling it would fit the glaive very well. but now that you mentioned it, every other melee weapon could be made the same way. This would be something very unique I think.