Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframes That Are Considered Useless

Hopakkiin

First of all:
I am a passionate Oberon Player.

I put six Formas in him before he was Buffed and even before 2 Slots were removed. 
He is by his name and that is a great name, the king of fairies in Medieval and Renaissance Literature.

He is basically a DPS/Heal Frame with balanced stats.

And yet he is being ignored.
When some of my clan members asked what Frame I would use for Survival, I said Oberon, and they said, that I shouldn't use him, because he is useless.
Also I noticed, that Oberon's Smite Infusion is, like the other Supporting Elemental Augments COMPLETELY USELESS.

Therefore I would love to see an Augment Slot in Warframes, only Useable for Augments, and I would like them to be more Useful for everyone. For Example: Casting Smite with the changed Augment on a Fellow Tenno, heals him for the Damage it would do to an enemy, while granting him 50% more Armor.

For the Volt Augment, it should be weapon accuracy and movement speed. Frost's augment should create a mobile Snowglobe (Eximus Style).
You should get the Point.
Most Augments aren't worth the Slot, especially the Elemental ones.

Thank you for your Attention.

EDIT:
The Augments should Change  Abilities rather than buffing them. (Deus Ex Style: Replacing Limbs rather than training them)

Also frames like Oberon were often just thrown away after they were squeezed for their Mastery XP.
The higher ranking players and veterans should see all Frames as powerful and desirable as Rhino Prime, after they get their new Augments.

Edited by NinjaDog

I'll never understand people who say Oberon is useless. He's one of the best frames against the new Infested. Reckoning's Radiation procs make the infested auras stop working iirc, his hallowed ground saves you from procs, his heal stops toxin chip damage...

Oberon's not useless at all. Great blind radius, proc immunity, burst/DPS heal, build versatility, Insta-Nyx 1 and 4.

Your clanmates are just completely ignorant because they are using the millionth ridiculously overpowered Warframe as it always is.

I'll never understand people who say Oberon is useless. He's one of the best frames against the new Infested. Reckoning's Radiation procs make the infested auras stop working iirc, his hallowed ground saves you from procs, his heal stops toxin chip damage...

He's also the third tankiest frame in the game, ignoring his heals, by pure effective health.

:D 

Iron Skin.

because you can move while not taking procs.

That's what MR 18 players try to tell me.

Pre-buff, and during his release, I main'd Oberon. A few forma and he was... decent? Pre-buff Oberon was in a bad place, and considering how easy Oberon is to obtain, there was a lot of newbie Oberons running around. If anything, it's just left a bad taste in some people's mouths. 

At one point, I even sold my beloved Oberon to make room for more viable frames.

Oberon post-buff is absolutely viable. After 14.5 I've repurchased, rebuilt, and have happily been smiting my enemies ever since.

Give it some time, the community will eventually love their paladin once again.

Subjective points of view does not always make it an objective fact. Each frames has its own pros/cons, some good at CC, some good at damage, etc.

For the record : I'd like the augment slots to be a thing though.

And if you think that Elemental Ability Augments are useless, take a look here . Each Augment is capable of boosting any other frame's damage output by 300% (depending on power strength) and stacks are multiplicative meaning another element will boost them to 900%.

Edited by Neah

I would love to see an Augment Slot in Warframes, only Useable for Augments, and I would like them to be more Useful for everyone.

Most Augments aren't worth the Slot

Completely agree, although maybe utility mod slot rather than augment mod slot. So those who have stuff like a stamina regen buff mod can put it on their build if they want more melee bullet parrying, without compromising their frame. Because augments are basically utility mods as is and you're right, many of them cannot be justified in removing other mods, to fit them into existing builds.

Edited by MrNonApplicable

Pre-buff, and during his release, I main'd Oberon. A few forma and he was... decent? Pre-buff Oberon was in a bad place, and considering how easy Oberon is to obtain, there was a lot of newbie Oberons running around. If anything, it's just left a bad taste in some people's mouths. 

At one point, I even sold my beloved Oberon to make room for more viable frames.

Oberon post-buff is absolutely viable. After 14.5 I've repurchased, rebuilt, and have happily been smiting my enemies ever since.

Give it some time, the community will eventually love their paladin once again.

It took me 3 Weeks. Because of RNG. 

He is not a Paladin. He is a goat fairiy King. 

Subjective points of view does not always make it an objective fact. Each frames has its own pros/cons, some good at CC, some good at damage, etc.

For the record : I'd like the augment slots to be a thing though.

And if you think that Elemental Ability Augments are useless, take a look here . Each Augment is capable of boosting any other frame's damage output by 300% (depending on power strength) and stacks are multiplicative meaning another element will boost them to 900%.

Well I still consider them not as useful as Steel Fiber is. Also I would love to take some of the !!!15!!! unused mod points my Oberon has without the Augment.

I hope for an Augment slot.

So this is more-so about wanting slots dedicated for Augment mods, rather than Warframes that are considered useless?

It is both, you see, if there are Warframes, that are considered useless, the Augments could change that by improving those Frames / Focusing on one task. 

If for example Ember could perform an Eximus Style Fire Blast, then she would be played more often.

(Except Limbo, I hate him)

Edited by NinjaDog

No real opinion on Oberon, I keep trying to give him a chance, but I just forget he's there most of the time.

We do need an augment slot though, especially after they took away the two extra slots we had, and yet they keep adding in mods.

Oberon and Nyx are by far some of the best 'frames to deal with the new Infested units, especially at higher levels. Rhino's good at low levels for sponging their CC, but the fact that Iron Skin scales poorly and that he's still affected by the tar makes him a little less viable.

I think the general consensus is that we need an extra augment slot, yes. I think it's fair. I disagree that Smite Infusion is useless, though. The elemental-buff augments are extremely powerful for their cost, they're just ineffective for solo play.

I love Oberon.  If he's not my favorite frame in the game, he's in my top 3 (still trying to decide if I like Ash more).  I haven't put nearly as much into Oberon as some players - only a reactor - but I, too, don't understand why people see him as useless.  Hallowed Ground is great for defense and mobile defense (especially against infested).  Smite is a great compliment to any weapon arsenal (especially if you're leveling weapons and have no primary or secondary equipped).  Renewal is a godsend considering how painfully slow team health restores take and how rare health orbs can pop out, and Reckoning is a fantastic AOE with a chance for more health orbs.

Anyone who says that Oberon is useless haven't used him extensively, or he just doesn't fit their play style, and they're blaming that on him.

But all Frames are kinda useless in different missions. We need the Focus System to be linked with the Augment System.

The only frame that I'm aware of that's "useless" at all is Ember because of her completely offenseive arsenal without Valkyr's armor or Mag's shields.

It took me 3 Weeks. Because of RNG. 

It took me a while because I wasn't playing for a long time, now I play consistently.  Oberon's name is based on a fairy king, but his "job class" is similar to a paladin from RPGs: Medium-high attack, Medium-high defense, with offensive skills mixed in with healing ones.  If you've never played a classic RPG, scope out Final Fantasy 4; the main character of that game is a Paladin for 90% of the adventure.

Oberon and Nyx are by far some of the best 'frames to deal with the new Infested units, especially at higher levels. Rhino's good at low levels for sponging their CC, but the fact that Iron Skin scales poorly and that he's still affected by the tar makes him a little less viable.

That was my frustration playing with Rhino on Orokin Derelict Defense.  Iron Skin crumples like paper when swarmed with that many infested, especially when they throw the parasite eximus at you.

"Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills make him a balanced warrior with both assault and supportive capabilities. Oberon was unearthed in Update 11.5."

SOURCE: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon_%28Warframe%29

Sorry to hear about the RNG though. Geting eximus units to spawn can be a pain, and then the loot table after that. Nowadays it's really easy.

During his release you used to be able to boss farm him like regular frames. Took me not even an hour lol. 

"Oberon is a paladin among Warframes. Zealous offensive powers and sacred protective skills make him a balanced warrior with both assault and supportive capabilities. Oberon was unearthed in Update 11.5."

SOURCE: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Oberon_%28Warframe%29

Sorry to hear about the RNG though. Geting eximus units to spawn can be a pain, and then the loot table after that. Nowadays it's really easy.

During his release you used to be able to boss farm him like regular frames. Took me not even an hour lol. 

Joke? Maybe :D

I know that he is a meant to be a paladin... -.-

He looks like a goat.