The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dual Glaves

humbleion

Just a Spear is fine by me. We don't have something like that right now. It'd be nice. They can do different versions sometime later.

Spear.

Naginata.

Halberd.

Glaive (you know, the actual kind :) )

Right there with you Blatant.  

Hell, I'd love a buckler/shield option so I can punk those damnable Grineer Shieldman in return with a shield rush for a change... while I'm dreaming of shiny options.

Spear.

Naginata.

Halberd.

Glaive (you know, the actual kind :) )

Right there with you Blatant.  

Hell, I'd love a buckler/shield option so I can punk those damnable Grineer Shieldman in return with a shield rush for a change... while I'm dreaming of shiny options.

I'd love a long, sweeping weapon. 

We have some weapons with pretty decent range - even a few with short as hell range. Now we have the Glaive - which is a ranged weapon.

But what I'd love it a weapon with a NICE swing arc. Something with real range to the swing.

A Spear or Halberd weapon would do. Give it some unique traits like:

-The most damaging part of the weapon is the bladed bit. Positioning yourself to ensure the blade strikes will do more damage then charging around at point blank.

-Hitting the enemy with the haft of the Spear will have a high chance of knockdown - but less damage.

-Normal attacks are jabbing attacks, charge is a large radial sweep.

-Chaining charges together can be smart since the momentum of the first sweep will make further sweeps faster. A 25% bonus to the speed of the actual swing if you charge repeatedly.

Imagine that - a Melee weapon with its own unique spin on having 'good aim' because you have to position yourself properly to hit with the blade. I'd love it.

I'd love a long, sweeping weapon. 

We have some weapons with pretty decent range - even a few with short as hell range. Now we have the Glaive - which is a ranged weapon.

But what I'd love it a weapon with a NICE swing arc. Something with real range to the swing.

A Spear or Halberd weapon would do. Give it some unique traits like:

-The most damaging part of the weapon is the bladed bit. Positioning yourself to ensure the blade strikes will do more damage then charging around at point blank.

-Hitting the enemy with the haft of the Spear will have a high chance of knockdown - but less damage.

-Normal attacks are jabbing attacks, charge is a large radial sweep.

-Chaining charges together can be smart since the momentum of the first sweep will make further sweeps faster. A 25% bonus to the speed of the actual swing if you charge repeatedly.

Imagine that - a Melee weapon with its own unique spin on having 'good aim' because you have to position yourself properly to hit with the blade. I'd love it.

Preaching my language brother.

I'd be all over that.

But I know i'm a mutant on weapon preferences.  I quite love my Bo staff for the quick swing arc.  It is one of my favorite tools in my arsenal because it's about effect application to targets more than raw damage.

Used in that fashion it's a marvelous crowd controller for me with teammates.  That and the twirly charge attack that knocks my target into orbit is nice :)

I want a net that immobilizes dudes. The longer you charge the attack the longer it lasts :D

And a shield, hitting with it bashes enemies, blocking negates damage (except from explosions, boss attacks etc) and charging it makes you run forward and knock enemies down. Of course it would have to deal very little damage.

Edited by The_Doc

• 2 weeks later...

Alright guys got a little off topic, thanks Dragoon for bringing it back, I'm really hoping that the devs take dual glaves into consideration, or put in the system that they had in dark sector to control the glave.

Edited by humbleion