Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Medallions Are Not Equal To Free Items At Level Up.

Skaleek

^ this, i personally had 54k rep points and i didnt lost anything anywhere because of this. easy.

that's a different issue, though. players are sopposed to get compensations not punishments from the "free" medallions DE giving us right now. maybe 4-syndicate is a bad idea, but give players what they deserve first, aka rank up gifts

So they work like normal rep gain

Gee what a surprise

IKR?

DE adds something long wanted into the game - it has the same flaws which it should remove.

Is it so hard DE? Is it so hard to just add standing from medallions without being affected by faction relationships?

As a compensation it probably wasn't an optimal choice, I agree there with OP. But I personally don't see why there HAVE to be any compensation to begin with. It's nice of DE to give away stuff for free, but by no means players are ENTITLED to them. It's a game and fun you get out of playing it is a reward in itself. That's the whole piont of it, no?

On the point of Maxing 4 Syndicates at the same time, it was never meant by DE to be this way. Hek, i was pleasently suprised when I found out i can max 3 syndicates together. Medalions that don't have negative rep gain will reinforce a very fringe playstyle that is not supported to begin with.

But I personally don't see why there HAVE to be any compensation to begin with. It's nice of DE to give away stuff for free, but by no means players are ENTITLED to them.

because some players get free gifts but some didnt. sure DE doesnt have to give us free stuffs, but it's not ok if DE only gives part of the players rank up gift

Edited by Eric1738

because some players get free gifts but some didnt. sure DE doesnt have to give us free stuffs, but it's not ok if DE only gives part of the players rank up gift

I would generally agree with the statement, everyone should be treated equally and from what i have seen DE usually strives to do just that. On the other hand I know it's an old and tired argument but this game is Beta (or active development) and it's safe to assume that every new system or mechanic that is introduced to the game is not by any means complete and viable to change based on it's performance and player feedback. It doesn't make much sense to me for Developers to compensate their player base for every new feature they add.

It's a very moot point that is deffinetly open to disscusion, the reason i feel the way i do about this situation is probably the small number of players the demand compensation and feel insulted when they don't get what they are entitled to (at least in their own heads).

Yeah, had plenty of medallions with Suda and Arbiters, Suda being my main. Redeemed em all, turns out i lost a lot of rank with red veil, oh boy....If only there was a big heads up info showing you what you gain and lose. A big oversight from DE, also, for those of you saying ''just level 3 or 2 at a time then'' just shows how little you care for others. Because one, some people have put a lot of effort into keeping up these 4, and once medallions release of course we get happy for another standing increase. Just to find out they work the same way as normal standing gain, i don't mind that. But what i mind is the big lack of info on the side of DE. Big oversight, that has cost countless of players a lot of effort,rank,money and items just to bump yourself up again.

Yeah, had plenty of medallions with Suda and Arbiters, Suda being my main. Redeemed em all, turns out i lost a lot of rank with red veil, oh boy....If only there was a big heads up info showing you what you gain and lose. A big oversight from DE, also, for those of you saying ''just level 3 or 2 at a time then'' just shows how little you care for others. Because one, some people have put a lot of effort into keeping up these 4, and once medallions release of course we get happy for another standing increase. Just to find out they work the same way as normal standing gain, i don't mind that. But what i mind is the big lack of info on the side of DE. Big oversight, that has cost countless of players a lot of effort,rank,money and items just to bump yourself up again.

I agree with this.  Rep loss is NOT supposed to be hidden.  If it was intentional to hide rep loss from a rival faction, there would be no display for it at the end of missions.  Throw in a massive rep gain/loss at the click of a button and you have a huge problem.

Good to see I am not the only one who got screwed over by the medallions. Odd thing is that I DID do an initial test to see what they did, and when the interface ONLY showed the rep gain with the chosen syndicate I then cashed them all in. Thanks to this I lost 100k credits, a potato, and at least 10k wasted rep.

Not only is this nothing compared to free items at rank up, as xSapphire wrote earlier this "reward" was basically a punishment.

This is a nice notice for those who are 'unaware' fully of what they are in for with these medallions, The emotionally sad thing is that other are likely still unaware/haven't seen this thread, and are under the assumption of the medallions being free, pure positive rep in a system based on balance between rivaling factions that other, so kudos for not jumping the gun. +1

I was steel-hexis-suda rank 5 and had a semi-full rank -2 in the veil, perrin-loka hate MAX, beforehand because I did my steel runs last before the notice about medallions... sucks to be me. Currently, I wasn't bothered about getting and spending the medallions because BLAH reasons and saw that veil hate meter maxed afterwards like a "this may happen, riii--*spends it* okay... expected" case.

Overall, I am perfectly fine with this idea with the medallions. It doesn't break the balance system set down already so people can have a reason trade with others. I don't feel a bit spoiled by the devs for it(not implying things, talking about myself), and, in future plans, I will get a lil' greedy and sport my champ sigil a LOT more and insignia medallion hunt for the red veil rep. since this is the possibly only way thought through to be done sans negative repercussions with suda and hexis.

I'm sure that someone out there is thinking the 180 degree of this, and are veil-perrin-loka, and saying similar for veil missions, and BLAH, but its those that aren't on these two possible paths and jumped the gun I feel for... not pity, really,... empathy more or less... so YEAH spread the word, +1, keep throwing posts on the thread to help them be more aware and less unaware of this thread so that rankings and sacrifices are a repeated wall for players and have to farm things back to their status quo... unless they want that step back and farm for, at worst, another r4 sacrifice.