Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fixing The S@#$ Known As The Kohm

Gahrzerkire

1) it should be classified as a rifle, simply becuase of the way the damage is calculated.  A Shotguns damage is divided among the fired pellets. The Kohms is not, its pellet count simply increases while you fire.

2) the ammo economy sucks. The thing at full wind up takes 10 ammo per shot. Essentially it has a max ammo of 94.5 and a clip of 24.5.

(Where do I get the 10 you ask? that is how much ammo is consumed per shot at max wind up/ fire rate (from my observation))

Total ammo: (945 / 10) = 94

Mag size: (245 / 10) = 24

So instead of making the damn things ammo 945, and the clip size 245 make the max ammo 96 and the clip 24. Essentially you have exactly four reloads, and one shotgun ammo pick up is not 1 ammo its 10. And make it take exactly 1 ammo per shot, instead of determined by the number of shots. What I propose fixes its ammo issues, and makes it more efficient overall.

3) the Kohm has terrible travel time, and horrendous range. The pellets fall down to the floor after about 15m WHICH SUCKS.

4) doesnt matter dont fixate on this but I like status it could have 20% status that would be nice too. But its not neccessary but the above IS.

HOW TO FIX THE KOHM:

Changes:

Ammo consumed per shot: 1
Ammo Max: 96
Clip size: 24
Increase the speed of projectiles to around 50m a second.
Let the bullets/pellets fly straight (With infinite range, or give them the fall off of a bow) dont let them fall like lead weights shot out of a pee shooter), the thing is a plasma gun it makes sense for it to have damage fall off, ISNT THAT ENOUGH?? (The projectiles cool as they fly through the air, becoming less effective).

I would say turn it into a rifle, make it take rifle ammo, and use rifle based mods. However i am perfectly fine with it using shotgun mods, just make sure the damn thing actually works.

I have some ideas too.

While I see the idea behind the huge ammo consumption, the gun really isnt strong enough to warrent that harsh of a counter mesure.

So, double the base damage to 6.6, 6.6 and 18 respectively. Perhaps double the status chance to 20% too.

This way you could keep its ammo limitiations in as balance, and have a gun that fufills a role.

Though I would also love it if the damage fall off was removed too. That is whats killing shotguns.

No. Doesn't fit the idea. You are supposed to ramp the number of shots every time you fire in quick succession. This means that you are missing the point of the gun entirely.

Instead, ammo from boxes as well as from mutation and scavenger bonuses should be increased by 5x. Why? Because it's obviously meant to be ammo deficiency problems and this retains that design but mitigating ease of zeroing the entire ammo reserves by a lot.

Edited by matrixEXO

But not that serious of an ammo problem. 

It's meant to be serious. As serious as the question of whether you want to be trigger happy for additional bolts (damage) or you want to conserve more ammo at the cost of more TTK. That being said, the only thing I see this weapon needs is an increased ammo collection value, given the number of shots needed at mid-high level missions. Currently it practically screams of needing both the Scavenger and Mutation mods on it, which is very unfair to most players.

EDIT: Also, have anyone tried this with Mesa's BB and see if all 10 shots proc bonus damage?

Edited by matrixEXO

It's meant to be serious. As serious as the question of whether you want to be trigger happy for additional bolts (damage) or you want to conserve more ammo at the cost of more TTK. That being said, the only thing I see this weapon needs is an increased ammo collection value, given the number of shots needed at mid-high level missions. Currently it practically screams of needing both the Scavenger and Mutation mods on it, which is very unfair to most players.

I think it went over the top in serious ammo management. 

Also dont forget that this patch upgraded the ammo mutation mods to have two additional possible ranks. So one of those maxed should make this gun way more viable in my opinion.

From the patch notes:

• Players can now upgrade Rifle, Arrow, Shotgun and Sniper Ammo Mutation Mods from max Rank 3 to max Rank 5 with increased effectiveness.

I think it went over the top in serious ammo management. 

Indeed. But like I said, it needs just an increase in ammo collected. Also, like I said, it is currently forcing players to use mutations and scavengers where they were optional and not a necessity before.

Edited by matrixEXO

Indeed. But like I said, it needs just an increase in ammo collected. Also, like I said, it is currently forcing players to use mutations and scavengers where they were optional and not a necessity before.

Or keep the ammo value collected the same, but condense the pellets into x pellets per ammo. 

something you should know,

Scavagener doesnt work, as in even though its equip it doesnt work as its intended.

I'm currently leveling this ... Thing that I got with my free plat. NEVER again will I ever buy something with plat as long as DE has this

mind set of "Low stats is the best way to go for all Weapons".  This is horrible as it stands.

thinking twice about this just makes me want to critize them even more about their obsession of low stats.

This .. mixture of the Boar and Gorgon is not even a proper gun muchless can be definded as a Shotgun.

Once again, Potental is lost with Low stats and status chance, Over Spent mutitions that really doesnt Equal to the vaule

of what an Amprex has when it was given tender loving care.

these are the core issues that just makes me want to shelve it or throw it in a molten pit in hopes that the creature and the balancer of

this gun can Feel it..

Its not anger issues as some would say just by reading this post, its the frusteration that I have on its design that gets me.

We dont have a need for a weapon with this concept when we have a prime version of the boar (RIP original Boar) that can

do 100% more than this thing can.

I can See that forma might be needed to "unlock its pontentail" But at this very moment I call Bluff and insist that this weapon be

avoided at all costs until DE realizes that this weapon is NOT worth the time to level NOR The the Resources to built it.

But If DE wants to make this.. Thing better, Kill off the High cost of Munitions needed to deal out damage.

-Rate of fire needs to be decent and NOT slow as is now.

-Pure focus on having it be a SHOTGUN and not a mixed breed that should not be made like this.

-Put up the damage from this 9.0 that makes it a joke. even the Braton (mark 1 version) had better DPR (damage Per Round) has

better than this.

-Kill off the MASS Pellet Spray that makes it look like a sprinker with led and keep it to what a shotgun should be.

-The damage to this gun when up close needs to be intended as a shotgun with NO Heavy Fallout

I would like to reach the end of my mission By shooting everything that comes at me and NOT have to be forced to

play Seek n find to Keep a stable set of mutitions while feeding this thing.

IF all else fails, Flip the damn thing upside down, change the mechancis from shotgun to Rifle and give it a

insta- high rate of fire with some recoil and you have yourself what history would call. a Tommy Gun.

I'm sorry but after i'm done leveling this shotgun-machinegun - Mutated Machine gun. its going to the trash(vender0

I've seen some pretty bad guns pushed out by DE, but this. Just takes the wedding cake without remorse

-snip-

IF all else fails, Flip the damn thing upside down, change the mechancis from shotgun to Rifle and give it a

insta- high rate of fire with some recoil and you have yourself what history would call. a Tommy Gun.

I'm sorry but after i'm done leveling this shotgun-machinegun - Mutated Machine gun. its going to the trash(vender0

I've seen some pretty bad guns pushed out by DE, but this. Just takes the wedding cake without remorse

This could make an interesting rifle, actually. Make it have an initial high rate of fire that starts slowing down gradually, but as it slows, increase its damage and crit or status chance.

This could make an interesting rifle, actually. Make it have an initial high rate of fire that starts slowing down gradually, but as it slows, increase its damage and crit or status chance.

nah, just keep it as a tommy gun without the shotgun mechanic.

Btw, just finished a run with this thing on a moble defense (convently marked deception).  Its not even worth having in group.

I was not even close to half way through the mission when I ran out of munitions.

I now FULLY question the Designer and The indivudal who balanced this weapon about their ability and talent

because of this.    This is one weapon that I  even dont wish my enemies to have, its just so bad.

Also dont forget that this patch upgraded the ammo mutation mods to have two additional possible ranks. So one of those maxed should make this gun way more viable in my opinion.

From the patch notes:

• Players can now upgrade Rifle, Arrow, Shotgun and Sniper Ammo Mutation Mods from max Rank 3 to max Rank 5 with increased effectiveness.

Not really.  You need a rank 5 ammo mutation and shotgun scavenger to make this even remotely viable, and even then, you're left with a slow, clumsy weapon that will kick the crap out of you if you try and use it to its full (completely impractical) potential.