The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Max Cpu Usage At The Start Of Mission Causes Stutters

armedpoop

Its been this way since U15, everytime I start a mission, my 4 core CPU reports 100% usage on all cores, and my game is horribly choppy. Especially on earth and eris tilesets. Its really horrible to the point of audio cutting out and very brief game freezes. It usually calms down in 2 or 3 mins then its smooth again. This is not fps loss, while it accompanies the issue, it only drops to about 45 fps while its stuttering. 

Seems to happen in every mission. I can enter the dojo and hubs with no issue at all other than when there is too many people around. Its not choppy at those times other than normal fps loss.

Ive tried multiple different settings, like DX9-11 and they all have the same issue as well as other in game graphics settings to no avail. 

Specs: Radeon HD 7870

AMD A10-6800 4 core clocked at 4100mhz

Windows 7 64

• 2 weeks later...

Same here. I noticed that on dx9 all cores are used for shorter time than in dx11. So i use dx9

Yea I just switched back to DX9 as well, I have very slight stutters here and there, so maybe its just a DX11 issue? Its much more playable on DX9. Strange to me as ive tried it already before on DX9 with no change, maybe the fresh install?

I've also noticed 100% useage on all quad cores.. and this:

I have also experienced this on DX11

There's nothing that can be done about loading stutters other than getting a bigger gpu with dedicated memory to help aliviate the memory load.

From what I've experienced, the stuttering is when your cpu is loading one thing, then it puts that aside to load something else, then picks up wher it left off on the previous thing. It's a very delicate balancing act, so having a good gpu which can aliviate most of the graphical rendering might help.

Otherwise you could always upgrade to a bigger cpu. I have an AMD 9 core processor and I rarely see stuttering, usually only during the ship animations when flying to a planet or ship.