Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think It's Time That De Remove Or Amend The Things That Just Don't Work.

Innocent_Flower

What are you? A spoon fed milk drinking selfish god that thinks the world and all its decisions revolve around you and you alone and believes they don't have to work for the benefits? well I have news for you overgrown terrible 2 year old!!! if everything was changed to your beliefs warframe would be either P2W or subscription based!!!!! :D Then you would have no game to complain about!!! :D how does that sound? :D huh? :D 

Eaaasy there, no need to throw around insults or anything like that. Let's keep things civil.

To the OP, I disagree and agree on many aspects but like the others you simply do not do feedback like this. All you've done is stated that they are bad, well why? Why are they bad? 

In order for DE to know what is needed to fix them and how exactly to fix them, they need solutions as well as in-depth looks as to why they are bad and need amending. 

Kubrow upkeep.

(snip spoiler)

You've completely missed the point. Just like with the large amount of trash weapons in the game, kubrows are a directly inferior choice to sentinels. My Shade won't die if I leave it, it doesn't have to get within melee range of toxic ancients to hit them with its Stinger, it doesn't lose loyalty or other crap like that. It's flat out superior.

Extremely biased part drop tables.

-At least everything is labeled under a certain mob and not like destiny where it's all one big loot table for everything to drop everything. it's sectioned off under multiples.

Again, you missed the point. What possible reason would there be to have 8 Mesa helmets and 8 Mesa chassis for 1 Mesa systems? One of each part is needed to make one finished product. Any factory with production as unbalanced as this would go bankrupt in no time.

It's plain bullcrap and is incredibly frustrating for the players. Want those Hikou Prime stars? SCREW YOU, HAVE YOUR FIFTIETH BOAR PRIME RECEIVER!

High level of rarity in items that you need in bulk/that decay, (cells, argon)

- oh that stack of turkey sandwich meat isn't aloud to decay in your fridge? also I have 27 argon crystals and counting and other people have even more so that argument is invalid.

It's decaying resources in general. That sandwich meat of yours can be put in the freezer and it will keep forever. Why is there no option to make an Orokin freezer in our clan in which argon crystals can be banked for later usage? It's not like Tenno are strangers to the void...

Powerful mods that are essentially better versions of under-powered and completely unused mods.

-They did this for a reason. To let newer players not have everything spoon fed to them at once but allow them to still build on it

Yet another case of point missing. Tell me, what's the purpose of that +15% status chance mod on your rifle? What reason does it have to exist when you have farmable +60% status/+60% toxin damage mods? There is no reason for a new player to slot the crappy single-effect status chance mod if they can put on anything else - even extra ammo.

A better case would be physical damage mods. +30% to slash damage - +30% to *existing* slash damage, which does not count into the base damage for adding elementals. Pathetic when compared to something like Serration and completely worthless on weapons which don't have slash damage (or whichever other physical damage element you prefer). There is absolutely no reason why this can't be additive like the elemental damage mods.

As a side note, there was one single additive physical damage mod after Damage 2.0 hit - Accelerated Blast for shotguns. It was the *only* mod which made shotguns viable. When it was nerfed to behave like the other physical damage mods, the immense damage falloff and nonexistent proc chance from shotguns won out and their usage collapsed dramatically. They didn't even have the "send enemies flying on death" behaviour they did before Damage 2.0 - so the fun factor was also gone.

God-tier weapons that are head,shoulders and waist above similarly difficult/expensive to obtain items.

- everything is on personal taste. EI you might think ember prime is S#&$ BUT I build mine to 1 shot a max vital, redirection and ironskin rhino with a single fireball

Compare Boltor Prime with Akbronco Prime. Or the Drakgoon with the Kohm. Or the Redeemer with the Halikar.

Prime trader waiting times

- this allows people time to build up the items and sell them for ducats and prevents the hubs from getting crowded all the time.

No. You can sell items if he's still there. And are you seriously telling me that it would be more crowded if people can get access to the trader whenever they like instead of only during a small time window?

Classes of weapons being worse than others in general (snipers, scythes)

-They are working on this

Not very well. Shotguns have been dead since Damage 2.0. The Vulkar has been worthless mastery fodder ever since it was first made. The Vectis is the only useful sniper, with possibly the Lanka alongside it before Damage 2.0 (back when it ignored armour and did triple damage to Infested with its Serrated Blade damage type)

Not very well. Shotguns have been dead since Damage 2.0. The Vulkar has been worthless mastery fodder ever since it was first made. The Vectis is the only useful sniper, with possibly the Lanka alongside it before Damage 2.0 (back when it ignored armour and did triple damage to Infested with its Serrated Blade damage type)

I now a small thing against you for saying the Vulkar is Mastery fodder. 

It is quite a solid sniper after a Forma (maybe two). Not the best one (like that Vectis), but it is not Mastery fodder. 

Again, you missed the point. What possible reason would there be to have 8 Mesa helmets and 8 Mesa chassis for 1 Mesa systems? One of each part is needed to make one finished product. Any factory with production as unbalanced as this would go bankrupt in no time.

(Talking about Frames. Void is heavily rigged.)

Just covering this one, it's all RNG. It can take <10 runs, it can take three runs(Stupidly lucky. I, for once, fell into this category).

It's all random.

You have no proof that it's weighted away from something, aside from stories.

Edited by Warriorrogue

Just covering this one, it's all RNG. It can take <10 runs, it can take three runs(Stupidly lucky. I, for once, fell into this category).

It's all random.

No, It's genuinely weighted away from something. Were it not, it'd be unusual for people to exceed five or six runs to get a frame. 

It's extreme in the void, as someone pointed out earlier:

Boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boarpart, boa part, boar part. (from cap 1 or 2, I believe. I've personally done this myself) 

Edited by Innocent_Flower

Boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boar part, boarpart, boa part, boar part. (from cap 1 or 2, I believe. I've personally done this myself) 

Are you sure?

I mean, I am getting a good mixture of Boar Prime Receiver, a few other keys (since T1 rewards other Void Keys [which is nice in T1 Survival]), Paris Prime Grip, one or two Lex Receivers, and the occasional Forma from T1 Capture. 

I think it might be just you being a tad bit unlucky. 

Sorry, going a little off topic here, but I promise I will be more on topic afterwards. 

Why is the concept of "if you don't like whats in front of you then walk away" so difficult to comprehend? It's free content after all.

Normally, I agree with you DSpite. You tend to be able to assess a bad idea/post and criticize it without going too far. But this sentence....

I hate the "You don't like it? Go play something else" mentality. Sorry, what? People gave their opinions on how they think the game can improve? That means they should quit the game?

Where does this logic come from? Why does disagreeing with a few factors in the game mean you should just stop playing completely? Not liking a few functions doesn't mean not liking the game. Do you throw away a cupcake because the icing isn't a color to your liking?

OP doesn't hate the game, he just wants to see changes in how some parts work. The fact that he even brings up these points without throwing a ragefit means he cares about the game.

Past that, it's difficult to argue this POV. Partially because of how flawed it is, and the other part being how it is opinion. Opinion can be logically flawed, but people will still argue for it.

On topic:

OP, the feedback is okay, but not as it should be. You, for the most part, gave things that need fixing, rather than giving your suggested fixings. Feedback should be at least 1 Part Issue to 4 Parts Solution (I.E. At least 4 sentences/fixes/suggestions to 1 sentence of the Issue). Example:

"Issue 1: Buying Gear Repeatedly is Tedious 

Issue 1 Solution: Gear should be given an alternative. Why buy hundreds of disposable cameras when you could just buy a reusable one? So, my suggestion is to add in one time bought gear that is reusable (maybe on a timer) as either an alternative, or in place of the gear we have now."

The goal of feedback is to give an objective view on your experiences. Just naming the problem is more subjective than objective. You are just (subjectively) putting your complaints out without (objectively) giving DE some suggestions.

Edited by CoRRh

No, It's genuinely weighted away from something. Were it not, it'd be unusual for people to exceed five or six runs to get a frame. 

It's extreme in the void, as someone pointed out earlier:

True, in the void, it's obvious(Boar parts and Reaper parts from T3 Mdef. Done this one myself, hunting Scindo Prime(If anyone's hunting it, try T3 Sabotage. Seems to be less against people)). Frame parts, I'd disagree, and it's unusual, for the people I talk to often in real life who play warframe, to exceed 6 runs.

It's all random.

I have no hard proof (read: actual game data) because the last time people called out DE on massively uneven drop chances, DE went and encrypted the drop tables to hide what they did. See here:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1mrr5j/1007_datamined_reward_tables/

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110474-an-apology

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/110507-a-reaction-to-de-sheldons-appology-and-a-small-resume-about-recent-events/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/1o3jzr/1030_rewarddrop_tables_where_are_they/

What I do have is evidence - every single time I run a Void mission, I write down the reward. For reference, here are the T1 capture missions I've been running in the past 6 days: 4x Boar' Receiver, 7x T2 Cap, 2x Lex' Receiver, 2x Forma BP, 4x T1 defence, 1x Hikou' Pouch.

Now, that's only a relatively small data set, but so far I can see that the Hikou Prime Pouch has a 5% chance of appearing, while a T2 capture key has a 35% chance (subject to change given more statistics).

Yes, I know that it's not perfect, but given that DE have a proven history of extremely biased drop tables, that when confronted about it they went and encrypted them (which is very suspicious, given that they were gushing about it only being a mistake), and that there are very frequent outcries about certain parts (eg. Rhino Prime chassis, Mesa systems) being extremely hard to find, it doesn't take much deductive reasoning to say that their behaviour has not changed and that the drop tables are still weighted unfairly. Given all the prior evidence, saying "there's no proof" is basically sticking your fingers in your ears and going "LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU".

It's all random.

Actually if you look at any eximus entry in the codex, it shows that the Oberon System Blueprint is considered uncommon, making it less likely to appear than either of the other drops. It's entirely possible that other frames use this same distribution.

Edited by endymion7

Normally, I agree with you DSpite. You tend to be able to assess a bad idea/post and criticize it without going too far. But this sentence....

I hate the "You don't like it? Go play something else" mentality. Sorry, what? People gave their opinions on how they think the game can improve? That means they should quit the game?

Where does this logic come from? Why does disagreeing with a few factors in the game mean you should just stop playing completely? Not liking a few functions doesn't mean not liking the game. Do you throw away a cupcake because the icing isn't a color to your liking?

OP doesn't hate the game, he just wants to see changes in how some parts work. The fact that he even brings up these points without throwing a ragefit means he cares about the game.

Hold on, he has about hundred threads, not a few, regarding "what is bad about the game". There is a ton of things I dislike about the current mechanics as well, bu there is a difference in pointing out why something feels like they are "working in a weird way and should get looked at" to most of his "this is totally broken, and needs fixing now, here is how to do it".

There is not just one thing in this game, there are many, and they are all optional. If you don't like Kubrows, then discuss Kubrows and ask WHY the mechanics are the way they are, and not flatly state "broken, needs changing". DE wanted them to be a chore, so they are. If they too much or too less might be an argument, but the upkeep and stasis mechanics are NOT going away.

Hold on, he has about hundred threads, not a few, regarding "what is bad about the game". There is a ton of things I dislike about the current mechanics as well, bu there is a difference in pointing out why something feels like they are "working in a weird way and should get looked at" to most of his "this is totally broken, and needs fixing now, here is how to do it".

There is not just one thing in this game, there are many, and they are all optional. If you don't like Kubrows, then discuss Kubrows and ask WHY the mechanics are the way they are, and not flatly state "broken, needs changing". DE wanted them to be a chore, so they are. If they too much or too less might be an argument, but the upkeep and stasis mechanics are NOT going away.

Oh......

Erm, OP, check yourself before you wreck yourself... This is quite the addiction you have.

Edited by CoRRh