Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Din, Bomber Wanframe

HinuRoly

Hey everyone! First of all I hope I'm posting this in the right section, I'm still new to the forums

As of late I've been thinking onto a fanframe, many cool artists here have conceptualized so many great designs and Ideas, and I thought I should try one as well!

Not nearly as good as many of the ones present but I may as well try

So I did a Grineer Inspired, Bomber frame

I still havent decided on the name of the frame. I was thinking in "Din", a Din is a loud deafening noise, and being an bomber frame, I found it a bit fitting, but I am not sure yet

Here be 3 pictures I've done of Din! :

First of all is the Front and Back of the frame, I thought one of the main freatures of the frame should be the thick tubes around the body, they are present on Most grineer designs, but in a more floppy fashion. here they are more solid.

tumblr_ngk11aQA2y1rgx87xo1_1280.png

Then the profile and sideview of Din's Helmet, I thought the lotus symbol on the forehead would be a nice touch, otherwise it would have looked too empty

tumblr_ngk11aQA2y1rgx87xo2_1280.png

Finally Din's weapon, the Battrak, a Grineer sticky-bomb launcher, It works like this: the weapon has mines that can stick to any surface, the mines are small and dont cause much damage, but the weapon itself has a high status chance, so it's all about elemental damage than anything else, it has a very slow reload, you got to put one mine at the time. 4 will be on the top, and the 5th ready to launch.

you pull from the pump foregrip to load the shot, for they are shot neumatically, and then with the trigger you shot it.

tumblr_ngk11aQA2y1rgx87xo3_1280.png

That's all I have for now! I am workin with a friend on Din's abilities, and melee flail weapon!

I still havent thought indepth what Din's abilities are, but they are something like this

The first ability would be to cause an explosion on a chosen enemy

The second would be a mobility based ability

The third would be to remotely explode any grenades carried by the enemy

And the fourth an AoE explosion

My friend and I will work more and more on this frame. I will update it with drawings of his abilities, and other 2 weapons as we progress. 

Edited by HinuRoly

Amazing artwork. Just one wish: if you are going to design alt helmet, try to make "eyeless" one please. I believe eyeless helmets are considered as canon for warframes (even though we have a few exceptions).

Also, a couple of ability suggestion:

1) Mines. Simple ability, fitting for 1st ability slot. Should be powerful (like ~500-600) with AoE and forced Blast proc.

2) Reactive Armor. Gives 30/40/50/60% damage reduction and release blasts around the caster after recieving some damage.

Edited by AlienOvermind

this is only my personal opinion, but the design doesn't look like Tenno's Warframe to me. A new Grineer heavy armor maybe, yes, but not a Tenno design. Because, lorewise, a Tenno's Warframes are existed faaaaar longer than Grineer ever existed, therefore, a Warframe can't be inspired by Grineer or Corpus

but you did great with your art.

Edited by dataman88

this is only my personal opinion, but the design doesn't look like Tenno's Warframe to me. A new Grineer heavy armor maybe, yes, but not a Tenno design. Because, lorewise, a Tenno's Warframes are existed faaaaar longer than Grineer ever existed, therefore, a Warframe can't be inspired by Grineer or Corpus

You're right...

Better send Din back where he belongs...

tumblr_ngkealnDYT1rgx87xo1_1280.png

Edited by HinuRoly

I think You're wrong. Valkyr is heavily Corpus based frame. And wait, isn't Saryn the Infested based frame? I guess it only leaves Grineer to be mixed with Tenno.

About the concept, I really love it, I actually think it fits as a Tenno warframe. I would just think about his weapon Battrak, its mechanics are very similar to Castanas(Sticky bombs, status orientated, elemental damage).

Well done mate.

Edited by Mateshu

You're right...

des5.png

I hope you're not offended, man.

You did great with your artwork, but it's just me, your concept and the lore doesn't match.

anyway, keep making fan art concept frames :D

I think You're wrong. Valkyr is heavily Corpus based frame. And wait, isn't Saryn the Infested based frame? I guess it only leaves Grineer to be mixed with Tenno.

About the concept, I really love it, I actually think it fits as a Tenno warframe. I would just think about his weapon Battrak, its mechanics are very similar to Castanas(Sticky bombs, status orientated, elemental damage).

Well done mate.

Valkyr isn't coprus based frame. She is just heavily dissected and modified by Corpus. You might think of Zanuka if you're looking for corpus made warframe. And I think Saryn isn't infested specific, she's more like a venomous plants based warframe.

well considering nova was made in the current era, the time period warframe takes place, it would be possible for the tenno to make a frame based off the grineer or even the corpus.

Hey everyone! First of all I hope I'm posting this in the right section, I'm still new to the forums

As of late I've been thinking onto a fanframe, many cool artists here have conceptualized so many great designs and Ideas, and I thought I should try one as well!

Not nearly as good as many of the ones present but I may as well try

So I did a Grineer Inspired, Bomber frame

I still havent decided on the name of the frame. I was thinking in "Din", a Din is a loud deafening noise, and being an bomber frame, I found it a bit fitting, but I am not sure yet

Here be 3 pictures I've done of Din! :

First of all is the Front and Back of the frame, I thought one of the main freatures of the frame should be the thick tubes around the body, they are present on Most grineer designs, but in a more floppy fashion. here they are more solid.

desdirty.png

Then the profile and sideview of Din's Helmet, I thought the lotus symbol on the forehead would be a nice touch, otherwise it would have looked too empty

des2.png

Finally Din's weapon, the Battrak, a Grineer sticky-bomb launcher, It works like this: the weapon has mines that can stick to any surface, the mines are small and dont cause much damage, but the weapon itself has a high status chance, so it's all about elemental damage than anything else, it has a very slow reload, you got to put one mine at the time. 4 will be on the top, and the 5th ready to launch.

you pull from the pump foregrip to load the shot, for they are shot neumatically, and then with the trigger you shot it.

battrak.png

That's all I have for now! I am workin with a friend on Din's abilities, and melee flail weapon!

I still havent thought indepth what Din's abilities are, but they are something like this

The first ability would be to cause an explosion on a chosen enemy

The second would be a mobility based ability

The third would be to remotely explode any grenades carried by the enemy

And the fourth an AoE explosion

My friend and I will work more and more on this frame. I will update it with drawings of his abilities, and other 2 weapons as we progress. 

A very interesting concept right there. It be fun to see that ingame.

Also on the first image...

Nosebleed.gif

Edited by Cebius

I for one think it fits pretty well for a warframe.  It has the awesome warframe theme of blending elegant organic shapes into tech and the bulbous not pretty but functional style of the Grineer.

You're right...

des5.png

Don't think he'll be accepted, especially with the Lotus symbol on his helm. XD

Amazing artwork. Just one wish: if you are going to design alt helmet, try to make "eyeless" one please. I believe eyeless helmets are considered as canon for warframes (even though we have a few exceptions).

Also, a couple of ability suggestion:

1) Mines. Simple ability, fitting for 1st ability slot. Should be powerful (like ~500-600) with AoE and forced Blast proc.

2) Reactive Armor. Gives 30/40/50/60% damage reduction and release blasts around the caster after recieving some damage.

I'm working on two alt helmets, both had eyes but I'll take them out on one of em.

and those two abilities sound rly good! i think the mines would be good for third, becoming kinda like Vauban's tesla, that you can place them as much as your energy allows.

And regarding why he is grinner based, well. I'd say repurposed technology? tho it's mainly because I LOVE how the grineer look in the game, And I would love if DE did a grineer inspired warframe in the future

I like this idea, I too have thought about a Grineer based frame for a while, but my ideas kept coming out like a gunslinger instead. As a Grineer based frame I imagine that Din would be likely to take an aggressive approach and use abilities that while tactical, may be detrimental to Din's health. For the abilities may I suggest the the following: 

1) Homing Shot: Fires a missile (similar to that of a Bombard) that will seek the target and do a little AoE Blast damage upon reaching the target or hitting an obstacle. The Range that the missile tracks the target, the damage done, and the speed of the missile all are increased as the ability is ranked up.

2) Rocket Jump: Din detonates an explosive at his feet doing a little AoE Blast damage to all in range (including Din) and trowing Din up and in the direction he is facing (perpendicular to his spine) [i.e. If Din is looking west/south-west and any angle from up to down when the ability is activated, he will be thrown west/south-west at about a 45 degree angle from that spot.] The knock-down chance to enemies and the distance that Din is thrown are increased as this ability is ranked up and the damage done to Din is reduced as the ability is ranked up.

3) Defuse: Din creates a field around himself that nullifies all incoming Blast damage (excluding Blast damage done by Din to himself) and converts a portion of said damage into Energy. The size, duration, and damage to energy conversion efficiency for the field would increase with rank. This ability would be fairly cheap, in the 25 to 40 range.

4) Meltdown: Din detonates all his stored explosives, draining what remains of his Energy pool. The resulting explosion would increase in range and (Blast) damage exponentially with the amount of energy drained in this way. He would do damage to himself equal to 40% (at base rank) of his remaining Health. This explosion would ignore line of sight and be able to pass through objects. The converted range and damage of this ability would increase with each rank and the damage that Din does to himself decreases by 5% with each rank. This ability would be able to be activated with a minimum of 25 Energy, however at only 25 Energy Meltdown would have little effect.

I hope these help you in the development of Din. I believe that this concept has potential and will be following this thread to see what becomes of it.

-PaladinPrime

P.S. Yes, the Rocket Jump is inspired by the Solder of TF2. 

Edit: Grammar 

Edited by PaladinPrime