Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion to bring out more weapon variety instead of everyone using the same guns

Enfo

Right now everyone is just running around with Gorgon and HEK as soon as they get them.

To prevent this from getting so trivial i suggest that characters or weapons come with perks which increases the benefits from each weapon. This way you're free to use other weapons than just the "best" ones.

It's never fun to be an entire team running around all shooting HEK's all over the place and i'm sure other people would love to see a wider variety of weapons used.

The general idea i was thinking of would be either that besides the skill tree in your warframe, you would have a sidetree(s) which you could spec into the weapon type of your choice with benefits such as firepower, accuracy, reload speeds, and so on, whatever that would benefit the specific type of weapon.

The other idea i have been thinking about is class specific weapons, generally weapons which can only be used by one specific class and which grants certain benefits which focuses around that class.

I would love something like this to happen so that everyone doesn't run around with the same weapons.

What do you guys think ?

Doesn't bother me at all what other people are firing in this game; if it were pvp then it would be annoying, but co-op I barely even notice what others are using until we take a ride in a lift or glance at them during a brief lull in combat.

And besides, I prefer using my Braton. It just feels nicer to fire.

I'm sure we'll see weapon balances soon anyway, and there will undoubtably be a tonne of new weapons added over the coming months.

Still, it's worth remembering that there wil lalways be one or two weapons/builds that come out on top. It's pretty inevitable.

The thing is that the Gorgon and Hek are considered high tier weapons. You can't even purchase them from the start, as you can with every other weapon in the game. They are meant as clear upgrades, and not a "side-grade" to the other weapons. Hopefully, they will either be rebalanced to be in with the other weapons or the Devs will release more "upgrade" weapons as time goes on.

IDK haveing class only weapons is kidna impossible in this game cause tech there is no class just different TYPES of warframes. And if your suggesting making warframe only weapons that creates problems like all rhinos running around with shotguns and furors. Or lokis/ashes runnign around with only sniper guns. And last time i checked a snipetron wouldn't help me that much if i'm runnign around with ash on a infested map.

Also atm shotguns,rifles, sniperguns all count to the same rifle challenge so you would have to add a challenge system for each classify each weapon in its own role/class/type. Tree wise you have to make a sniper tree, a shotgun tree, rifle, duel pistols, single pistol, and melee. And for melee u would one for daggers, swords, duel swords, and fist weapons.

Sounds like one hell of a tree with only 30 points to spend in.

Edited by DeathFromBelow

Fix bugs, then more content.

At least we got the HEK last patch, you can expect more in later patches.

I never said that this should be something rushed. I am just bringing this up as general feedback to what i think would be a great idea to bring some more weapon variety instead of people only running around with one or two guns, cause even if they keep releasing new weapons, people will always go with whatever is the highest performance because it is what it is. This could change that and bring out more choices of weapons as well.

IDK haveing class only weapons is kidna impossible in this game cause tech there is no class just different TYPES of warframes. And if your suggesting making warframe only weapons that creates problems like all rhinos running around with shotguns and furors. Or lokis/ashes runnign around with only sniper guns. And last time i checked a snipetron wouldn't help me that much if i'm runnign around with ash on a infested map.

Also atm shotguns,rifles, sniperguns all count to the same rifle challenge so tree wise you have to make a sniper tree, a shotgun tree, rifle, duel pistols, single pistol, and melee..

I don't see how each class running around with specific weapons would be an issue. Not saying every weapon should be class specific either, but that some weapons with class/warframe benefits that wouldn't nessecarily have to be ONE single type. There is always room for variety.

Edited by Enfo

A big NO to class specific weapons or even class specific weapon benifits.

I want to be able to choose my weapon and my class combonation as I see fit.

Instead they should just balance the weapons out better.

Everyone wouldnt be using the same weapons if they were actually equally viable just different.

For the record.

Making class specific weapons does not actually create variety.

new weapons that are worth choosing does.