The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Buying Revives In A Mission

APBladeX

No. Profit from death is too close to P2W.

I would go with nay. There is no need for this and not everyone has plat to waste on something like revives.

guys, the option to buy revives for 12plats is already there in the arsenal, and honestly its pointless to be able to buy revives there since we dont need them at the liset (might as well just change our frame for one that has all the revives ready).

To OP: this makes sense and it should be added, we need new revives at the mission not after we already failed it. Never ran in this problem since i dont use frames that have less than 2 revives just in case but i know this is a big problem specially when someone on your team just stays for the run (AKA leach the team just staying dead) arguing they cant revive since they dont have more revives ready

If someone has the money and wants to use money on revives, I don't see why not.

On the other hand, I am inebriated, and will go back to school soon, w/o any sleep, after 4 exams.

Also my avatar is freaking out pls help I'm scared. It's blacking in and out.

E: Oh fuark, I have to go to school soon and I haven't slept or studied at all. Wish me luck, m8s.

Edited by Voidcrash

This goes too much into the P2W area. The thing is, if the option is there, people, mostly new players, will either be tempted to take them, or walk away because Warframe just rubbed the monetization model in their face (like the market and arsenal already do without clarifying how everything is obtainable without plat).

guys, the option to buy revives for 12plats is already there in the arsenal, and honestly its pointless to be able to buy revives there since we dont need them at the liset (might as well just change our frame for one that has all the revives ready).

To OP: this makes sense and it should be added, we need new revives at the mission not after we already failed it. Never ran in this problem since i dont use frames that have less than 2 revives just in case but i know this is a big problem specially when someone on your team just stays for the run (AKA leach the team just staying dead) arguing they cant revive since they dont have more revives ready

I agree.

This goes too much into the P2W area. The thing is, if the option is there, people, mostly new players, will either be tempted to take them, or walk away because Warframe just rubbed the monetization model in their face (like the market and arsenal already do without clarifying how everything is obtainable without plat).

I somewhat agree.  I don't think this falls under P2W too much, because you can be killed just as easily once you've burned a revive.  I do agree that this is something that could inadvertently be used to milk newbies.  "You need to buy your 1-ups now. Spend 12p?"  That could piss off new players without proper education.

Perhaps this needs a middle ground?  Make this an option to players when they've reached MR2 or 4 or so?  That way, you've played the game enough (hopefully) to learn to not NEED revives, and are smart enough not to burn plat needlessly, and you're at a rank where you should have more than one frame, and can switch to get more revives.

I agree.

I somewhat agree.  I don't think this falls under P2W too much, because you can be killed just as easily once you've burned a revive.  I do agree that this is something that could inadvertently be used to milk newbies.  "You need to buy your 1-ups now. Spend 12p?"  That could &!$$ off new players without proper education.

Perhaps this needs a middle ground?  Make this an option to players when they've reached MR2 or 4 or so?  That way, you've played the game enough (hopefully) to learn to not NEED revives, and are smart enough not to burn plat needlessly, and you're at a rank where you should have more than one frame, and can switch to get more revives.

There will be 2 buttons. One is Revive, one is Defeat. When there is no more revives left, the Revive button will change to Buy More for 5 platinum for 1 revive. This will only be 1 revive at a time. It will also trigger a popup that asks the player if he/she wants to confirm this.