Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please, We Need A Reputation System For Players.

Nitresco

This whole thread sounds like you got cheated out of 1 too many greedy key shares and now you want the game to do something about it. There really isn't a need for a reputation system and I would rather have DE add actual game content.

The keysharing crap is the straw that broke the camel's back; it's not the only reason. I'm tired of scumbag invited players in general and I'd love for there to just be a way to offer other people some sort of warning before they experience the same thing from the same person. I'm sure many others would agree with me. There is therefore a need for it.

The blacklisting thing mentioned earlier in the thread is another great idea, but unfortunately it would require some sort of work being done by DE, which both increases the chance of it not being implemented, and the workload put on DE's shoulders if it does actually get implemented.

Edited by Nitresco

No. No no, it doesn't matter if it's a minority of them, the fact is that the system is entirely abusable and causes a detriment to the players and they way they play the game.

I can come up with a much better system. Blacklisting.

Boom, it is abusable but all it does is that cuts the communication and disallows any possibility of those two playing with each-other. 

You can't be trolled, and it will never come to the detriment of the player

You just ignored everything I said completely. And sure, blacklisting is less abusable but at the same time it does nothing to discourage being an awful player. It is a selfish system: you won't be burnt more than once by a disruptive player, but at the same time that player is still free to be disruptive for everyone else.

welll..........im for this honestly.

league of legends has this and thats a cruddy game. and you should see ITS playerbase....and their system still goes fine. so why not in warframe?

We've said everything that is wrong with it.

The fact that it is abusable.

The fact that it ruins a players chance at actually playing with others. 

The blacklisting thing mentioned earlier in the thread is another great idea, but unfortunately it would require some sort of work being done by DE, which both increases the chance of it not being implemented, and the workload put on DE's shoulders if it does actually get implemented.

And the reputation system won't put a load of work? 

You just ignored everything I said completely. And sure, blacklisting is less abusable but at the same time it does nothing to discourage being an awful player. It is a selfish system: you won't be burnt more than once by a disruptive player, but at the same time that player is still free to be disruptive for everyone else.

It stops them from playing with the abuser in their entirety. This is much better than having a player be at a detriment and receive negative rep for something that isn't considered bad at all. 

The fact is that rep in warframe is as bad as vote kicking (or even just kicking). Blacklisting is the most sensible solution and it doesn't come with any form of negative feedback that is a detriment to the players.

We've said everything that is wrong with it.

The fact that it is abusable.

The fact that it ruins a players chance at actually playing with others. 

again...look at league of legends. how many people does that stop? damn near none. i purposely go onto league of legends to troll. and i stream just dancing in tourny games......aaaaaaaaaand still get in games and all that. with a about -200 rep.

MAYBE if people hop off their goddamn MR 10+ high horse we could have some nice tenno to play with.

but no i forgot this is all a grinding arms race

Still no, you go down once? -1 from the guy using Rhino.

You're not using a frame I like? -1.

You're lower MR than me? -1

You came to the terminal late and you're holding the data mass although I was rushing ahead? -1

^This is exactly what would happen, tragically.

again...look at league of legends. how many people does that stop? damn near none. i purposely go onto league of legends to troll. and i stream just dancing in tourny games......aaaaaaaaaand still get in games and all that. with a about -200 rep.

MAYBE if people hop off their goddamn MR 10+ high horse we could have some nice tenno to play with.

but no i forgot this is all a grinding arms race

People in LoL don't give a crap. In warframe however, they do. In warframe, if one player goes down, the opinions and view on that player is going down as well. Add in the negative rep, and this causes more trouble.

And honestly, you just said that it doesn't stop anyone in LoL, so what is the point then? It does nothing there.

No one would do that, they'd just skim through and see the -1s to see if he's bad or not. If there is none, then great! But even one -1 can make them doubt the player.

Still just a postive based system, no -1s, but just because there are people who are lazy does not mean something should not be implemented.

That's like saying we should not include instructions or tutorials because most people are lazy. I mean I do see your point, there are those people who will skim and create a bias of that person. 

Blacklisting is neat, does not help against scammers so I don't see a problem with implementing both systems or intergrate it into one.

Anything that helps the player base should be discussed regardless.

People in LoL don't give a crap. In warframe however, they do. In warframe, if one player goes down, the opinions and view on that player is going down as well. Add in the negative rep, and this causes more trouble.

And honestly, you just said that it doesn't stop anyone in LoL, so what is the point then? It does nothing there.

people in LoL dont give a crap? hah have you played that BS game? if you spend your starting money on boots they flamewar you into the ground. and honestly if people are going to be down repping for someone going down a a mission. they can honestly go to a S#&$ty game similar to LoL as thats where they belong.

honestly ill take what the op said. you will have to give a reason for down repping. and honestly. if we see alot of

-1 "lol he went down a mission"

-1 " he used a banshee EWW"

-1 " i hated his color scheme"

are people REALLY gonna take that seriously? honestly what that would make ME do is findout who did the -1 rep and ignore that bastard.

EDIT: AND ANOTHER THING. if people ARE dismissing someone for those bs rep's i gave examples for. would i WANT to play with them? lol no i wouldnt. because they are the scum of the earth and i wouldnt enjoy my time with them. soooooo

i see no downside regardless.

Edited by RyouichiKitsune

people in LoL dont give a crap? hah have you played that BS game? if you spend your starting money on boots they flamewar you into the ground. and honestly if people are going to be down repping for someone going down a a mission. they can honestly go to a S#&$ty game similar to LoL as thats where they belong.

honestly ill take what the op said. you will have to give a reason for down repping. and honestly. if we see alot of

-1 "lol he went down a mission"

-1 " he used a banshee EWW"

-1 " i hated his color scheme"

are people REALLY gonna take that seriously? honestly what that would make ME do is findout who did the -1 rep and ignore that bastard.

I've played it, and the ones I've seen don't give a crap. The only time one of them flamewar-ed me was when I died 4 times in a row from lack of knowledge of how to play that specific hero. Other times, they just didn't care.

Didn't the OP say that it'd go down into specific categories such as teamwork and honesty? You won't write that there, you'd lie about it to make the player feel worse.

And again, if it solves nothing then why put it in.

Edited by TheErebus

I've played it, and the ones I've seen don't give a crap. The only time one of them flamewar-ed me was when I died 4 times in a row from lack of knowledge of how to play that specific hero. Other times, they just didn't care.

Didn't the OP say that it'd go down into specific categories such as teamwork and honesty? You won't write that there, you'd lie about it to make the player feel worse.

And again, if it solves nothing then why put it in.

it would solve my problem ;3

even if its not a rep system we need. we need some damn regulation

because letting it fly off the ball like this obviously isnt working

ALL mmo's have some sort of regulation with its players. this one. i see none.

Edited by RyouichiKitsune

Still just a postive based system, no -1s, but just because there are people who are lazy does not mean something should not be implemented.

That's like saying we should not include instructions or tutorials because most people are lazy. I mean I do see your point, there are those people who will skim and create a bias of that person. 

Blacklisting is neat, does not help against scammers so I don't see a problem with implementing both systems or intergrate it into one.

Anything that helps the player base should be discussed regardless.

I've said how it could help against the scammers, you'd blacklist them, report them to DE (optional when you've blacklisted them) and then boom. DE has a record of this guy.

You don't need to deal with him and DE can take care of the scammer.

Edited by TheErebus

Yes DE has a record TheErebus, but how does that translate over to other players being able to discern that fact?

Just curious.

Or are you completely against the positive rep based system, if so, then I'm not sure what a possible solution would

be to allow players to personally be able to distingusih between more friendly players.

Edited by Ophan

Yes DE has a record TheErebus, but how does that translate over to other players being able to discern that fact?

Just curious.

Since DE has a record of what he's done, then DE can cut him off from chatting in trade (think of it as a ban that Kickbot can give, but it isn't kickbot). He can't do anything else in trade, and the scammer is gone.

Since DE has a record of what he's done, then DE can cut him off from chatting in trade (think of it as a ban that Kickbot can give, but it isn't kickbot). He can't do anything else in trade, and the scammer is gone.

Ah, makes sense. Like I said earlier, +1 to the idea of the Blacklist.

heres an idea....how about we have a blacklist instead of just an ignore. and on their profile it shows how many people blacklisted them?

another way to quell the rep system as it was. was make the negative reputation TAKE A REALLY LONG   @(*()$ TIME. so that way trolls just wont care enough to give neg rep.

It is extremely irritating when any keyshare session you participate in has that one guy who leaves whenever it gets to his turn, with or without an excuse.

It makes it even more irritating that they are able to just waltz away unpunished for their dishonest act. Naming and shaming is disallowed on the forums, so there's no easy way to notify other users of that player's dishonest, either. And support doesn't seem to care. There's no enforcement on keyshares.

You may be saying "Oh, don't do keyshares, then. Nobody ever uses their own key".

My answer is "Oh, I would gladly do no keyshares. It would save me a lot of hassle. But with the drop rates on some of these damned prime items, the only truly efficient way to have even a decent chance of getting what you want in many cases is sharing keys, multiplying everyone's chance of getting that item by 4.".

So, please. Add a reputation system already.

IMPORTANT NOTICE FOR THE PEOPLE WHO WILL IMMEDIATELY SHOOT THIS DOWN WITH "IT WILL BE ABUSED":

As much as people like to think that a large amount of player population will just spam -1's on every player they meet, I prefer to remain optimistic, and hope that those with good intention will outnumber those with malicious intent in such a fashion that the latter's actions are futile.

Solutions, however, include:

1. Making it so only players who have been invited to the session rather than joining through matchmaking may rate you.

2. Limit rating to players of a certain mastery rank or higher.

3. Negative ratings could include a required short explanation for why the player is receiving it.

I agree....doing the Alad V Mesa run today, We had a great group, then the user ZekShoGun disapears as it becomes his turn. Ignored all messages sent by us as well. It's a drag for those of us who save our keys and hope to at least get 4 runs, esspecially since Alad V seems to only carry the Chassis around. >.<

I agree....doing the Alad V Mesa run today, We had a great group, then the user ZekShoGun disapears as it becomes his turn. Ignored all messages sent by us as well. It's a drag for those of us who save our keys and hope to at least get 4 runs, esspecially since Alad V seems to only carry the Chassis around. >.<

I feel your pain, friend. But I'm afraid you're not allowed to mention the player specifically here.

heres an idea....how about we have a blacklist instead of just an ignore. and on their profile it shows how many people blacklisted them?

another way to quell the rep system as it was. was make the negative reputation TAKE A REALLY LONG   @(*()$ TIME. so that way trolls just wont care enough to give neg rep.

Honestly, I don't even care what it is at this point. I just want SOMETHING. There's no damn downside to being dishonest right now. There has to be some sort of repercussion.

Edited by Nitresco