Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lotus In Bloom [Ooc]

Temperance000

Traveling again today and tomorrow, so Temperance will be taking his sweet timing getting there.  I'll just have to come up with a semi-plausible IC excuse.  Until then, have fun everyone.

Edit: Speaking of which, I would like to "invite" everyone who is not already a regular visitor to join the discussion over in the chat:

http://lotus-in-bloom-ooc.chatango.com/

Speaking with your fellow RPers in real-time is a great communications aid, and can really help smooth over IC/OoC difficulties.  So by "invite," I mean "get over there this instant, and slap a bookmark on the page."  And have fun.  Always have fun.  Unless it's at the price of coherence or sanity, in which case Praetor's Specters may or may not be paying your OC a visit.

Edited by Temperance000

Erm...Renegade, what are you doing? The Manifold is docked to the relay, not "landed" in the hangar. He was lead to the ship was he not? So why can't he find the entrance? There are two spectres guarding the airlock it's docked too surely he would notice that wouldn't he? And...the rest of us are already inside the Manifold, socializing in the main hall.

Erm...Renegade, what are you doing? The Manifold is docked to the relay, not "landed" in the hangar. He was lead to the ship was he not? So why can't he find the entrance? There are two spectres guarding the airlock it's docked too surely he would notice that wouldn't he? And...the rest of us are already inside the Manifold, socializing in the main hall.

Is it? 

I always treated the part where all the science fiction ships dock/landed as the 'hanger', or 'parking zone'. Might be just wording problems. 

And probably because I am lacking motivation lately for some reason (which then extends to not reading things into detail lately), but should be back by this afternoon. 

Edit: Speaking of which, I would like to "invite" everyone who is not already a regular visitor to join the discussion over in the chat:

http://lotus-in-bloom-ooc.chatango.com/

Speaking with your fellow RPers in real-time is a great communications aid, and can really help smooth over IC/OoC difficulties.  So by "invite," I mean "get over there this instant, and slap a bookmark on the page."  And have fun.  Always have fun.  Unless it's at the price of coherence or sanity, in which case Praetor's Specters may or may not be paying your OC a visit.

Could we still use this thread for OOC?

I am having a grudge against Chatango at the moment. 

Okay I'm just gonna say it. Some people here seem to have a thing for only writing dialoge and what their OCs are doing, but we're never given any thought processes, what they feel about a current situation when it happens or how they feel an reason after. Only writing dialoge and possible actions does not make for a good character or a good read for the rest of us.

I don't intend to sound angry, but this only makes it harder to interact as we as readers can never tell what motivates the OC and thus can never tell when something's just BS OOC or not.

What does that have to do with anything? It's useless for you to know what our OCs are thinking because your characters shouldn't be reading minds and reacting to their thoughts, why would you need to know what our characters are thinking if you're simply having your character react to the words and actions of other characters?

I did indeed.

Bottom line, my point, Chatango is useless for any reasons you might think you need it because we can simply use this as an OC thread, if you guys want to talk to each other about what's going on and how your characters might react that's cool, just as long as you don't make it a requirement for the thread, I don't want to have to go to a different site, with a different UI and random stupid requirements, so, if you're going to make it a requirement to be on there "or else we'll miss important stuff"(which is making it a requirement, posting/messaging vital information through it and not on here) I'm afraid I'll have to inform you I won't be able to fulfill that requirement.

What does that have to do with anything? It's useless for you to know what our OCs are thinking because your characters shouldn't be reading minds and reacting to their thoughts, why would you need to know what our characters are thinking if you're simply having your character react to the words and actions of other characters?

While it is true that we technically don't need to see your character's thoughts, as our characters wouldn't know them, writing your characters' thoughts is a beneficial practice in terms of roleplay for several reasons.

1. It gives us a sense of your characters' motivations, thoughts and feelings. This makes the character feel more like an actual person rather than a mere response-bot, and helps us discern if OOC motivations bleed through to IC actions. I can't/wont speak for everyone, but I would like to trust that the majority of the folks here aren't going to use OOC information IC.

2. It makes your posts longer. Longer posts are, generally, more detailed and thus more enjoyable to read. Might just be a personal bias, but meh.

Overall, adding a character's thoughts and reasonings makes for a more enjoyable experience for what I would hazard a guess at is the majority of the folk here, and thus I suggest they are added to future posts.

Also, Achaix, please watch the insults. I'd rather try to avoid hostilities.

Another thing that's nice to see in posts is body language, expression, and tone. Non-verbal communication radically alters the meaning of dialogue, and besides that, makes a character feel more... alive, is a good way to say it. It also gives other characters more to respond to, in addition to what's explicitly stated.

I don't really understand the disdain for the chatango. It's just faster communication. If you want to know everything that's being said, you can just scroll up and read the whole chatlog.