The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Free Exploration.

PerishedFraud

You pick a planet and launch a mission on an endless randomly generated map on it.

During this mission you have no main objective, and enemies will appear frequently. Once your reach certain points on the map, also randomly determined, you get a side-objective, such as capturing targets, stealing datamass,excavating, defending a nearby artifact or terminal, fighting a boss or miniboss or fully exterminating an area.

Once this is over, you just move on and keep exploring the map.

To end the mission, you just press a button on the menu or use an item in your gear slots that you get once you start the mission, but you cannot do this during a side-mission.

Of course, there could be rewards for every side-mission, rare missions, rare rewards, to make this more than just a fun mission mode.

EDIT: No lag due to giant maps explained

To prevent horrible lag and crashes, once the map reaches a certain size, a gate will appear that will lead you to a new map once the squad reaches it. The new map will also generate up to a size before the same thing happens. There we go, infinite generation without lag.

DOUBLEDIT: enemy spawns explained

Enemies spawn in a wide area around players, not everywhere. There can be spawning events too, like pods crashing, ships landing, ambushes, VOID ambushes even, a bunch of hellions or jetpack crewmen flying into sight and whatnot, but generally they could just run out of a seemingly empty room on the map when a player is near.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Although that fixing major issue I wouldn't suggest this to be implemented until current map bugs and the major instability of multi-player issues also this would lead to more bugs. I am just stating all issues that need to be fixed its great idea but too many issues for it to be put in with in next few months maybe even more than a year.

Although that fixing major issue I wouldn't suggest this to be implemented until current map bugs and the major instability of multi-player issues also this would lead to more bugs. I am just stating all issues that need to be fixed its great idea but too many issues for it to be put in with in next few months maybe even more than a year.

Stop looking for reasons for why not to do it. Look for reasons to have it done. If you ask me, these two are completely unrelated. Once the bugs are fixed, the new mission mode, if implemented, will also get fixed. If not, all missions will be buggy, including the new one.

Edited by BeeOverlord

Stop looking for reasons for why not to do it. Look for reasons to have it done. If you ask me, these two are completely unrelated. Once the bugs are fixed, the new mission mode, if implemented, will also get fixed. If not, all missions will be buggy, including the new one.

You sound angry I am just stating like i said above that they should worry about fixing missions before adding new ones. Not looking for ways to not be implemented cause i like the idea.

I think that we needed this mission mode from the very start. A great idea, and I while it is true that there can be bugs, it would greatly increase the playability and popularity of the game, for all players, old and new, so fixing any bugs will be worth it.

I think that we needed this mission mode from the very start. A great idea, and I while it is true that there can be bugs, it would greatly increase the playability and popularity of the game, for all players, old and new, so fixing any bugs will be worth it.

Agreed^

maybe can be a map like PSO2...

is not a completely open world, is closed, quite extensive and an only exit.

The mobs will reappear every X time all over the map, or waves, as is done in survival, ability to find events, or as you say missions, such as protecting a capsule for a certain time or until he recovers, killing 200 enemies in 2 minutes or something, and that each event exceeded reward you

Sorry for my english, i use google translator :S

I had once suggested a mode where you enter an enormous grineer mother ship where you just wander and find random missions that just kind of happen to be there, your objective was to find a grineer cloning bay but you had no map marker so it was pure exploration. anyways, all of these ideas seem equally if not better and id honestly just love for anything thats a little more free.

+1, nice idea. I've been wanting something like this for a while now. However, I'm not so sure of infinite enemies, though. Perhaps the 'general-spawning-system' could be implemented. At first, you frequently encounter enemies, but as you move through areas you've already cleared, you have an ever decreasing chance of encountering new enemies (they move in from other areas.) 

It's not like they have an infinite amount of reinforcements...

What could also work is have a huge tileset that has mini tilesets within it, so it still is random however it allows exploration and even greater variation.

So with this it would be a huge maze with many mini mazes inbetween (yes I know mazes with an easy exit).