Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino Drops On Fossa, Am I Missing Something Or Just Bad Luck?

Pendragon1951

Question

I have been on three different runs at the jackal on Fossa with about 3 others each time and after finally killing the thing, i've run all around where he was and found nothing. Now here is my question, I've read that the jackal is suppose to drop Rhino parts so do the drops look like when mod drops or whatever your suppose to get ends up in your inventory automatically? Maybe I've just had bad luck all three times and he dropped nothing or am I missing something?

11 answers to this question

It is just bad luck. To get all my rhino pieces it took me about 25 jackal runs. In which I got 6 helmets, 3 chassis and 1 system.

All you got to do is be patient. I'd suggest using a rank 20+ frame with a rank 20+ wep and going in solo. In solo you can actually run to the boss w/o worrying about the other players and it will be weaker (Jackal will be level 14 on solo and 21 on a full team).

They are bright glowing spheres, with concentric blue rings around them. They're the same size as health/power/affinity spheres. They look like this:

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130313080206/warframe/images/9/9e/Orb%2C_Affinity.png

Also, three times isn't very many. I bought the Rhino BP, and then had to run an awful lot of Fossa to get the parts. It's fastest done solo with a quick frame packing a powerful weapon. Just run like hell, skip all the mobs you can, kill the Jackal* and then run like hell out. Remember: do this is solo mode as rushing like that in multiplayer games is the sign of a diseased mind.

That's not to say that this recent patch didn't break the drops, it seems to have broken many other things, even down to colour choices, so... :)

* Easy to kill.. focus down one specific leg, and then shoot crap the out of him while he's stunned. Run away and hide behind another pillar while reloading. Rinse and repeat. Doing this with the Braton, I was able to pretty much lock him down with no shockwaves. Things seem to go much less well with other players around, and take a lot longer.

Ok thanks everyone I thought it was just me, and knowing his level is lower as solo rather than team is good info, also now I know what to look for, now one last question, does he drop things during the fight or after he is dead?

When hes dead;

but most of the time other mobs tend to enter the room after the fight so i would watch out if you are going solo.

When hes dead;

but most of the time other mobs tend to enter the room after the fight so i would watch out if you are going solo.

They aren't exactly hard, just a scattering of misc trash. I was levelling my lv13ish Banshee while solo farming this, and it was extremely easy. Your warning seems rather strange.