The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Big Deal About Glaive?

Kantazo

I know is new and people like shiny new things but in missions I don't know what is the big deal, maybe a higher levels but at lower levels, by the time the squad mate launches it I already killed 4 mobs with my rifle. Maybe for long distance attacks? Like with the bow? 

None of the criticism seems to be aimed directly at the weapon. All of it seems to be about the release of the weapon.

This is typical in situations where a big hype train gets going and then crashes. Can't be helped. Dust has pretty much settled. DE probably knows all about the feedback. They may even have read through some of it already.They'll do what they feel is warranted. 

And remaining discussion is actually pretty constructive. Much more so then when it all started. The biggest thread about the issue - despite the negative title - is pretty much just decent discussion now.

shiny

Edit : People who claim that it has nothing to do with the weapon and about how it was released is just deluding themselves. If they released the dual ethers swords like this people would NOT have cared at all. They realized that the Glaive was an awesome weapon and gave it a buy or alert option, EXACTLY LIKE POTATOES, people who claim there is no precedence for this just haven't realized that they thought this out and tried to make some money on their game.

Edited by DrCashew

None of the criticism seems to be aimed directly at the weapon. All of it seems to be about the release of the weapon.

This is typical in situations where a big hype train gets going and then crashes. Can't be helped. Dust has pretty much settled. DE probably knows all about the feedback. They may even have read through some of it already.They'll do what they feel is warranted. 

And remaining discussion is actually pretty constructive. Much more so then when it all started. The biggest thread about the issue - despite the negative title - is pretty much just decent discussion now.

link?

link?

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/35697-no-glaive-blueprint-fine-no-support-from-me/

Negative title - but fairly decent discussion. There is at the very least 20 pages of constructive feedback on both sides of the discussion, both defending the release and arguing against that type of release.

Had a rough start, you can literally gauge how the forum was feeling about the issue over the weekend by looking at the tone of the posts. It is pretty cool.

The early bits of the thread are angry or disappointed or whatnot - that was when the hype train left the track. 

But towards the end it seems like everyone, regardless of what side of the discussion they where on, pretty much agrees that everything is going to be fine in the long run - it is just that this patch was really rough.

Edited by Blatantfool

It's stealth weapon.

Every melee weapon is stealth....

And more stealth stuff is coming, like throwable daggers as sidearm...

The main reason is that a new shiny toy arrived and now that it launched, not everybody can have it immediately.

People dont care that gram and heat dagger are working the same way all the time. Nobody was mad about it. But now that a new "cool" weapon was introduced that way, people act like this is the one and only weapon in the world... I do understand the normal people who feel a bit screwed. But most of the threads around here are just amusing....

Edited by Venarge

I know is new and people like shiny new things but in missions I don't know what is the big deal, maybe a higher levels but at lower levels, by the time the squad mate launches it I already killed 4 mobs with my rifle. Maybe for long distance attacks? Like with the bow? 

With sufficient charge speed, you can use it as a burst DPS tool with a cooldown.

Charge -> Find target -> release charge -> change target -> shoot with rifle.  Boom 2 dead in about the same time, or less than shooting them both with a rifle.

And once you get used to its flight path, you can aim for certain mobs to bounce the glaive off several mobs before the glaive returns.  Effectively doubling or tripling its burst DPS capability.

You can bounce it around corners for those annoying grineer and corpus that like to hide.

Edited by honeybadger

DE hyped it and didn't release BPs for it. That's about it.

How did they actually hype it?

Everyone in board seems to crow about X weapon all the time and all DE did was say in a stream that the weapon is coming just like they say with other weapons when they stream.

This is nothing but people creating their own problems.

I didnt care about the weapon so when DE said it was coming all i thought was, "Cool, another weapon. " And when it came out like it did, "Cool, ill wait for it."

This whole poop storm was all self inflicted.

How did they actually hype it?

Everyone in board seems to crow about X weapon all the time and all DE did was say in a stream that the weapon is coming just like they say with other weapons when they stream.

This is nothing but people creating their own problems.

I didnt care about the weapon so when DE said it was coming all i thought was, "Cool, another weapon. " And when it came out like it did, "Cool, ill wait for it."

This whole poop storm was all self inflicted.

First throwing weapon to be in the game, a reference to their old game, and it got it's own update "Update 7.9.0: The Glaive". How wasn't it hyped?

Edited by DishSoap

First throwing weapon to be in the game, a reference to their old game, and it got it's own update "Update 7.9.0: The Glaive". How wasn't it hyped?

I've explained this before, and I really don't feel like going over it in detail again. Suffice to say: the developers wanted to build genuine interest with an open, honest method of discussion. Instead the community took it and ran with it. This is not the developers building hype, this is the community building hype. There are two solutions to this problem: either stop telling us anything, or try to reroute any hype train to keep it from derailing into a small village and exploding with the force of an antimatter warhead.

Before this occurred, they never knew they even needed to worry about turbo-exploding hype-trains. That's not the kind of thing that developers deal with, that's the kind of thing marketers (who almost ALWAYS only work for publishers) deal with.

Glaive = Predator Cosplay.

Dude... hype is something SELLING you something constantly all over the place to drum up interest.

Like i said, all they did was tell you it was coming which is the same thing they have done with other weapons.

And the update is actually called Tenno Reinforcements.

With sufficient charge speed, you can use it as a burst DPS tool with a cooldown.

Charge -> Find target -> release charge -> change target -> shoot with rifle.  Boom 2 dead in about the same time, or less than shooting them both with a rifle.

are you arthritic ?

And the update is actually called Tenno Reinforcements.

Try checking the patch notes thread it's titled "Update 7.9.0: The Glaive" or "Tenno Reinforcements: The Glaive." in the eyecatch.

Edited by DishSoap

PLEASE READ before you make threads about the Glaive.

3 Days have passed since the Glaive was released, and boy did we learn a lot.

Reactions were explosive: starting with rage or excitement, then defensive, then offensive. It still doesn’t look to be completely over.

So what have we learned? Well:

Some users claimed:

1.If we informed everyone that the Blueprint was  an “?” Alert, then they wouldn’t be mad.

2.They dislike the “?” Alert system being used for a Glaive.

3.We are evil.

Please stop attacking each other based on opinions on how the Glaive was released. We appreciate all those defending us, and apologize to those we’ve offended.

In the end the onus is on us to improve communication and information. We are aware on what needs to be done moving forward.

We don't want to ruin surprises, and we change our minds a lot about new items, but will do our absolute best to make sure the community is informed.

Further attack posts will not be tolerated, I don’t think there is much else to be said.

Thanks to nullqasael for detailed information and recommendations.

And thanks to everyone for their patience.

Edited addition:

The Glaive can be obtained in market with Platinum or with the occurrence of an "?" Alert.

by DE Rebecca

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/37271-looking-back-learning-from-the-glaive/

Edited by Kantazo