Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So, Where The Launcher Nerfs A Bad Joke?

DeadlyFred

(or, "I sure am glad I never potatoed my Castanas!")

I mean, really? Cutting the ammo pool by 90% is... ok... whatever... but making already very ammo-limited weapons SHARE a rare ammo pool? Should I just go slap a dozen Forma on my Soma/Boltor Prime and forget about trying to use any other weapons? You guys seem to want nerf anything that's good into the ground somehow. As much as it might not make sense that a rocket launcher has 540 rounds and uses rifle ammo, neither does it really make sense that your bow, sniper rifle and magnetic grenade devices do, either.

Might be time to rethink the whole ammo drop system at this point if this is what counts as a "fix" because it's not very good.

Penta and Ogris, etc weapons were being spammed hard without the nerf, insta killing large groups of enemies instantly through walls and just in general, it was OP. Now, they've become balanced

However, as far as things like the Castanas are concerned, that was unnecessary, since they were already sub-par weapons. Sure, they could be spammed, but they weren't that good in the first place to be insta killing huge groups (especially at high levels). Not only that, but Castanas eat through ammo a lot faster than the other weapons that got nerfed.

The nerf was fair and justified, ammo wise, but the ammo pools need a makeover.

This.

The problem with ammo pools being shared between weapons with same ammo type will have to be looked at, since it was non-intentional. But you will just have to avoid pairing such weapons for now.

But launchers still wreck faces and arses just perfectly. The ammo count is not really that harsh of a nerf.

IMO all ammo should be 1 drop.  

The ammo you get could either replenish all weapons you carry and the amount you get would differ for every weapon. High ammo pool weapons like Kohm would get for example 80 from 1 pack, while snipers would get maybe 5 or 10.   

It would be a huge overhaul to take on, but it would reduce all the clutter of ammo boxes that you don't need laying around and would fix the ammo problems of some weapons while others that have pretty much infinite ammo right now would be toned down a little bit.   

Before someone argues "having individual ammo makes more sense, you can't just magically get right ammo for your gun", yes, it does, but Ammo Mutator mods are doing just that right now, so I don't see a problem if we give everyone magic ammo without needing a mod.   

That's just how I'd do it. Sure it would take a lot of work to get all the waepons set up initially, but after they'd catch up it wouldn't be so hard to set ammo values for new weapons.

The problem is bows and snipers uses the same ammo pool with Castanas and Angstrum.

That is probably more urgent than anything else.

Essentially you cannot play a sniper with a rocket launcher or bow guy with sneaky traps.

DE needs to fix those ASAP.

Edited by fatpig84