The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Kohm, Destroyer Of Computers.

Rakshal

So.... the ultimate Conclave weapon? :D

Seriously, turn your settings down. It's not even a blip on my fps, but then I'm apparently running a pretty hardcore setup compared to most.

I use this a lot and have not noticed a single drop. Lower your particle setting a notch then.

I only have on bloom, dynamic lighting, and character shadows on with texture memory set to medium, shadow quality set to low, particle quality set to low, and geometry detail set to medium. I shouldn't be dropping this many frames.

I'm sorry, but what this thread represents is the problem of Warframe itself. Update your computer, DE needs to STOP catering to toaster ovens and cardboard box PC.s

Sorry that I don't have the money to buy a computer that runs games at 200 FPS (nobody likes people with your attitude BTW).

few points. 1. I am so sorry rak. 2. there are about 20 threads going on right now about people complaining about the same thing. to all the people saying ' I don't have a problem so it must not exist or it must be your fault' way to be productive. I also have the same problem. do a quick search on Kohm. you will find many crashing/lag posts. kohm bullets particles need to be fixed big time.

Edited by Renocraft

• 2 weeks later...

I only have on bloom, dynamic lighting, and character shadows on with texture memory set to medium, shadow quality set to low, particle quality set to low, and geometry detail set to medium. I shouldn't be dropping this many frames.

Sorry that I don't have the money to buy a computer that runs games at 200 FPS (nobody likes people with your attitude BTW).

That might not help at all. My pc is capable running this game around 250-300 FPS with max settings in 1680x1050, yet this gun causing my FPS to drop to like 10 when someone using it even when I'm not in the same room with them.

Try it Mirage and tell me the results. I'll be waiting.

I ONLY experience drops when Mirage is involved. Otherwise, Kohm is fine.

BTW, FX8350 and 7970. So yeah, no problem with my system.

Edit: did a benchmark.

Results while firing Soma Prime at full auto:

Max: 60

Min: 55

Average: 58

Results with Kohm at full auto:

Max: 60

Min: 36

Average: 48

Results with Mirage and Kohm at full auto:

Max: 58

Min: 8

Average: 16

As you can see... Kohm rekts even a powerful rig. And I'm not bragging. I'm stating it'l shouldn't happen

Edited by xxViennaxx

interesting. I love how people decide to post on here. " its not happening to me " just to brag about their rig. or to flame others. you are really not helping fix the problem buddy. maybe next time just don't post anything at all.

The point about stating the rig is to tell the devs about how the weapon's particles are the cause, not a poor computer. Since I run everything maxed at 60 FPS capped, my rig cannot be responsible for those drops. Instead, the bad optimizations of the particles or whatnot (I really don't know what causes the drop) is the culprit.

And it IS happening to me. In a system where this should not happen. And no, it's not bragging.