The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Freeze:

Dosent break on damage

Hit scan/faster projectile

No more damage

Splash effect: freezes main target and a few around that target.

Lowers shields/armour

Strength: amount of shields/armour reduced

Range: splash radius of freeze

Duration: freeze duration

Ice wave

Cone instead of line

Pushes targets back on cast

Slow proc after cast

Leaves slowing ground on floor

Strength: damage/ pushback radius

Range: cone range

Duration: of slow proc/floor of ice

Snowglobe:

Stops aoe effects on the outside of the globe

Blizzard effect now snow flakes

Duration removed: limited to 4 globes at a time try to cast another gets rid of the first

Slowing now powered by strength

Stops procs of fire/poison/all others if inside so freezes the procs from happening

Strength:globe hp/ slowing rate

Range: globe range

Avalanche:

Freezes targets in the area

Range: length of freeze

Strength: damage/ reduction of shields/ armour

Duration:freeze duration

Augments:

Freeze: casting on yourself/allies gives a slowing aura at a cap of 30 percent

Strength: increases slow from 10 to 30

Duration: can't cast again until duration has finished

Ice wave: allies standing on the ice gain temporary shields or damage reduction including your self

Streagth: damage reduction/ temporary shield/health

Duration: length of time

Snowglobe; on death releases the cold air pressure causing cold knockdowns with cold proc until standing again

Range: length of cold proc

Strength: proc strength

Avalanche: killing enemies that are frozen cause shards to be released causing damage to enemies and cold proc chance

Range: damage range/cold proc range

Strength: cold proc chance

Duration: time of cold proc

-snip-

EDIT:

Making Snow Globe either Duration or Health would be a very key element to making sure that Snow Globe scales into content. But, since they've gone with Duration based before, and not liked it, I would say Health Based is how they're going to play it. If they do go with Health Based, a visual timer or indicator on the Globe to see it's health would be nice. It could be something where, when a player aims at a globe, they can see the HP left onto the globe. When they turn away, the HP numbers disappear. Also, giving the globe visual cues, such as cracking when being fired upon and losing HP, and also an audible shattering sound as it breaks would go a long way in giving players indicators on how a globe is doing.

As a side note, giving the casting Frost a visual HP bar on his HUD would be good, as the casting Frost can now monitor the health of their active globe(s) to see where/when they need to head back to a position and recast/defend. Simply giving the Globes location in distance from the player would be well enough, so that they know how far they are from a globe that's about to fall.

With it now being Health Based, players wouldn't have to babysit the defensive objective, and Frost is now a frame that isn't just wanted for his one ability or is automatically burdened with babysitting duty, but can freely move around the battlefield and assist in different situations.

-snip-

I have to say, I really like the idea of the time on snow globe disappearing. Right now it just feels like it limits the globes capability in certain situations, and I don't really think it would be too overpowered if it didn't have the timer and only used health as a value for how long it lasts.

The only thing to rebalanced and keep in check would be their recent change to it with the stacking heath from recasting within an already cast globe.

i have to say im quite the fan of frost myself. i have 2 builds going on with the use of squall and aurora helms. each build is designed specifically for certain types of missions. mobile defense, defense, survival, capture, exterminate, and void missions T1-T4. utilizing the config A, B, C been able to configure it so he can be slow or mobile either defensive or offensive. i agree on on he doesnt have anything that does any debuff that should probably be looked into as freeze is not even that helpful. ice wave is helpful with icewave impedance but then again it consumes a slot in the build which limits most peoples ability to build him. luckily i managed to find a way to make it work. with a R5 blind rage, squall helmet, max intensify and steel fiber i manage to keep frosty alive and provide strength to the globe and icewave & avalanche. i think hes fine the way he is, maybe a few tweaks to make him offensive that freeze ability needs work. but i only use the globe for defense pods with duration. i see too many people spaming globes trying to decorate the stage and limits people from shooting at enemies. his skills are viable the way they are but people like to troll. and they will use any warframe to troll no matter what frame or skill is there. just look at some of the limbo players LOL thats a mess. but yea hes balanced and takes skill along with the right build for the right reason... but frost is not a offensive frame. hes a defensive frame for a reason. given some skills to do damage but his job is to protect. so buff freeze and icewave and avalance with higher damage a bit i agree but increase the procs on freeze status. the dude is a cold frame dealing with ice for a reason. If they increased the damage on his skills without augmentations his damage abilities like avalance and ice wave and freeze will be more effective... id like to see more damage with the build i have for him.... R5 Blind Rage, Max Intensify, Squall helmet....  my thing is maybe increase his energy pool also... 300 max is a bit low considering it uses 100 energy with a maxed streamline and R5 blind rage. those are just my thoghts. been playing frosty since warframe started and will continue to use him as i love his utility.

Freeze:

Dosent break on damage

Hit scan/faster projectile

No more damage

Splash effect: freezes main target and a few around that target.

Lowers shields/armour

Strength: amount of shields/armour reduced

Range: splash radius of freeze

Duration: freeze duration

Ice wave

Cone instead of line

Pushes targets back on cast

Slow proc after cast

Leaves slowing ground on floor

Strength: damage/ pushback radius

Range: cone range

Duration: of slow proc/floor of ice

Snowglobe:

Stops aoe effects on the outside of the globe

Blizzard effect now snow flakes

Duration removed: limited to 4 globes at a time try to cast another gets rid of the first

Slowing now powered by strength

Stops procs of fire/poison/all others if inside so freezes the procs from happening

Strength:globe hp/ slowing rate

Range: globe range

Avalanche:

Freezes targets in the area

Range: length of freeze

Strength: damage/ reduction of shields/ armour

Duration:freeze duration

Augments:

Freeze: casting on yourself/allies gives a slowing aura at a cap of 30 percent

Strength: increases slow from 10 to 30

Duration: can't cast again until duration has finished

Ice wave: allies standing on the ice gain temporary shields or damage reduction including your self

Streagth: damage reduction/ temporary shield/health

Duration: length of time

Snowglobe; on death releases the cold air pressure causing cold knockdowns with cold proc until standing again

Range: length of cold proc

Strength: proc strength

Avalanche: killing enemies that are frozen cause shards to be released causing damage to enemies and cold proc chance

Range: damage range/cold proc range

Strength: cold proc chance

Duration: time of cold proc

YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I LIKE THIS!!!!! More animations and procs with status.... (wonder if DE will allow elemental frames to resist their own innate element. frost immune to ice, ember immune to fire, sayrn immune to toxic, hydroid immune to ice not sure if i like that idea but hes water based. maybe some tweaking to this one. those are just some ideas but i like where this guys going here with these suggestions. )

Ability 1: Mediocre damage. Might set a target on fire for lame-! CC. Has travel time.

Ability 2: Momentary stun. Heat damage is functionally useless in current game, Corrosive is better against most Infested. Poor status weapons. And poor Ember.

Ability 3: A bit like Snow Globe, only less useful in Defense missions. Or in general. Minimal CC, low damage because enemies use bullets.

Ability 4: Does drawn-out damage. Requires you to be near enemies, which is a bad idea for such a squishy frame.

I'm just saying, Ember needs it worse. Don't pretend otherwise just because you main Frost.

I love you !!

maybe with ice wave instead of ice particles on ground do a wave of snow / ice particles that blow in the line of sight freezing enemies within a certain distance or meters of initial casting. causing ice on ground to also slowdown and freeze enemeies for a certain period of time 6 seconds etc...

Ability 1: Mediocre damage. Might set a target on fire for lame-! CC. Has travel time.

Ability 2: Momentary stun. Heat damage is functionally useless in current game, Corrosive is better against most Infested. Poor status weapons. And poor Ember.

Ability 3: A bit like Snow Globe, only less useful in Defense missions. Or in general. Minimal CC, low damage because enemies use bullets.

Ability 4: Does drawn-out damage. Requires you to be near enemies, which is a bad idea for such a squishy frame.

I'm just saying, Ember needs it worse. Don't pretend otherwise just because you main Frost.

im gonna agree with this guy too.... ember got buffed and it still doesnt seem like she did. how is fire the weakest element in the game when it comes to frames. but the enemies knock off so much damage with caustic eximus and the arsenic eximus. fire should be able to melt and tear away and burn anything in sight. give ember more power strength to all her abilities. WOF being so randomly placed on the stage is a mess. and unpredictable when running around. it should just light up the stage based on range. burn the stage with fire... hense the name: World On Fire... it looks like comets of fire to me or spit of fire.

but yea in my closing argument sorry so many posts.... frost is neglected there other frames that need work. but frost could use some upgrades. it sucks when im in T4 defense for like 40 mins and my skills are not working and my globe is getting shut down after 3 bombard missles etc... if the damage isnt going to kill em at least give it a statis buff. freeze em in ice for longer period of time with duration mods continuity/constitution and allow them to shatter if another frame uses there skills to kill em or weapons to kill em.

When did it get the AOE? I was playing last night and didn't seem to notice.

Avalanche getting reworked and stat boosts for the prime version would make me happy. MOAR CC!!! #Frostneedslove

It's a very small radius. You'd have to have stretch or something that doesn't subtract from your range on there. I typically run Frost with boosted power strength, range, and I often ignore duration, since only one of his powers is really affected by it. (Being able to recast whenever is good enough for me).

Well, we have talked many things about its abilities (34 pages xD) but there's a conclusion?

Some of us pointed at Snow Globe, making it more diverse and powerful. But, after some days of testing its limits, i noticed what it needs. Will you believe me if a large group of level 20 Corpus destroyed it in a blinking after its invencibility period, having my Frost with every possible advantage of Power Strength? So, yes, Frost needs a buff in Snow Globe. But how it should be buffed? If we make it indestructible it would be extremely powerful. Increasing the base health points given by Power Strength is enough for me. But it is enough? We can make it destroyable, and when it does, it deals Explosion Damage to enemies nearby, allowing Frost to finish them and build a new Snow Globe. But if I were the guys above us, I would limit this action, wasting the same amount of energy than having a new globe. More? Sure. Bombards and Napalms are a big problem now. Their proyectiles are even more dangerous in the globe than in the outside. The explosion shouldn't pass through the globe. I would add one last addition, but only in an augment mod. Make the globe movable towards Frost, at the cost of power per second. Just a bit less than Nyx's ultimate having Power Efficiency. Conclusion for Snow Globe? Increase its resistance and add new mechanics to make it more fun to use.

But some others pointed at Freeze, considered as one of the worst abilities in the game. You know, is not that bad if we add some changes to it. As you can see, Freeze is focused on heavy targets who can cause a lot of trouble, like Bombards or Corpus Techs and not on a large group of enemies. It is not necesary to deal damage, as its primary function is to paralyze the target. But the main problem of this is the instant de-freeze if the enemy recieves any hit. The ice is not suposed to break instantly. Conclusion: let the ice melt slowly as the enemy recieves damage. And increase the speed of the proyectile, like Ember's Fire Ball, which works even better than Freeze nowadays as a paralysis ability.

And what about Ice Wave? If you are close to the targets, it is very effective. But if they are spreaded, it is difficult to reach them. A cone instead of a line would be too much. Just imagine it. But we want it to affect multiple enemies efficiently. So, why don't make it inteligent? Let it follow the possition of the enemies in its path and it would be enough. We need a new secondary effect. Add impact, so the enemies can roll back, but without touching the floor with their heads. That would be enough. So, we need it to reach the enemy without problems (I suggest the inteligent Ice Wave) and deal a bit more of Crowd Control with Ice + Impact.

And finally, the ability we were discussing about recently. Avalanche deals decent damage as an ultimate, but that's not the real point. How it is suposed to do crowd control? Yeah, it paralyzes enemies nearby, but only while Frost is casting. As one user said here before, imagine a Loki disarming enemies only while he is casting the ability. That is really poor. There are lots of comments with different ideas in each one of them. But finally we could do an agreement. Remain the enemies frozen, and apply the same effects as the new Freeze. Personally, I would change the entire ability, but they are only personal thoughts :P

Well, shall we discuss about new ideas? Not only about abilities?

Edited by Dancli

I would really like Frost's appearance to have minimal changes, I absolutely love his 'tails'   I think they look beautiful and it reminds me of a moth. His super long and spiky knee pads can go though:P 

My ideas for his abilities;

1. Freeze - What it says! I think the enemy should take X damage and be frozen for X amount of time. I think that the enemy being shot should not have a chance to 'unfreeze' enemies. 

2. Ice Wave - I actually am okay with how it works at the moment, but I am dissappointed that you need to augment it for it to slow enemies that are in its path, that feels like something Ice Wave should already do without being augmented. Perhaps the Wave could also have a chance to knock down enemies briefly? 

3. SnowGlobe - I'm okay with the Snowglobe for now but I do really like the idea of visible cracks when its hp is low, perhaps a health counter somewhere on the screen too, I find it hard to keep track of it at the moment. I also use very dark colours to make it more friendly to the eyes at the moment, I would like it to be friendly with all colours so that I can use brighter colours for my Frost's appearance. 

4. Avalanche -  I haven't played the game as much as most of you probably have, I have only started playing about 2 months ago but I can safely say that I do think Frost's Avalanche is actually quite weak.  I feel like it doesn't do enough damage vs higher level enemies. It does stun them briefly which is nice, but it's called an AVALANCHE. It is not as powerful as its name...   I know that it can be hard to make something balanced instead of OP at times...   I think Avalanche should knock all enemies down, do lots of dmg, maybe knocks them down x amount of times and slows them for x time. Perhaps it ( or his first ability )  could also lower their shield capacity by X .     ( The same way your own shield would be affected on a level with colder temperatures ) 

If we could have a little bit more coloured designs for Frost Prime that would be really nice, I actually prefer the colour scheme of the original Frost, I bought the Immortal skin for Frost and didn't really like it... and I don't like any helmet except the basic one >.< 

Awesome and new crystalline-ice sound effects for his abilities would make me so excited that you'd think I won the lottery too! :) 

I'm just wondering how 1 mag post that hardly do appear gets instant notification from DE yet loads of posts of frost/Excalibur get no notification and not even a hi or yer we are reading the posts.

Some of us pointed at Snow Globe, making it more diverse and powerful. But, after some days of testing its limits, i noticed what it needs. Will you believe me if a large group of level 20 Corpus destroyed it in a blinking after its invencibility period, having my Frost with every possible advantage of Power Strength? So, yes, Frost needs a buff in Snow Globe. But how it should be buffed? If we make it indestructible it would be extremely powerful. Increasing the base health points given by Power Strength is enough for me. But it is enough? We can make it destroyable, and when it does, it deals Explosion Damage to enemies nearby, allowing Frost to finish them and build a new Snow Globe. But if I were the guys above us, I would limit this action, wasting the same amount of energy than having a new globe. More? Sure. Bombards and Napalms are a big problem now. Their proyectiles are even more dangerous in the globe than in the outside. The explosion shouldn't pass through the globe. I would add one last addition, but only in an augment mod. Make the globe movable towards Frost, at the cost of power per second. Just a bit less than Nyx's ultimate having Power Efficiency. Conclusion for Snow Globe? Increase its resistance and add new mechanics to make it more fun to use.

I have put this idea into the thread before and I will share it again. I think that FROST’s SG should have the timer removed while frost is Inside the SG. If Frost leaves the globe he has 45 seconds or so, to get inside the globe again before it dissipates. This would fix the issue of a FROST trolling around leaving permanent SGs around the map and causes performance dives for the players. The SG also slowly “heals” while FROST stand inside it. I think this opens up his rather small energy pool to use his other abilities. A lot of people think that FROST is bored while stuck on the pod, but I for one am not, I don’t think that FROST should be running around the map on defense, and I do not mind at all waiting until wave thirty to see my first enemy, that means my allies are doing their job. THIS IS MY POD. THERE ARE MANY LIKE IT BUT THIS ONE IS MINE.

But some others pointed at Freeze, considered as one of the worst abilities in the game. You know, is not that bad if we add some changes to it. As you can see, Freeze is focused on heavy targets who can cause a lot of trouble, like Bombards or Corpus Techs and not on a large group of enemies. It is not necesary to deal damage, as its primary function is to paralyze the target. But the main problem of this is the instant de-freeze if the enemy recieves any hit. The ice is not suposed to break instantly. Conclusion: let the ice melt slowly as the enemy recieves damage. And increase the speed of the proyectile, like Ember's Fire Ball, which works even better than Freeze nowadays as a paralysis ability.

This may seem radical, but I think that the removal of the CC when the frozen target takes damage is silly. I never thought that freezing Hek in the early days of WARFRAME was OP. That was practically the only boss that I used it on. But Whatever, if it was to be changed I think that everything you just said is correct.

And finally, the ability we were discussing about recently. Avalanche deals decent damage as an ultimate, but that's not the real point. How it is suposed to do crowd control? Yeah, it paralyzes enemies nearby, but only while Frost is casting. As one user said here before, imagine a Loki disarming enemies only while he is casting the ability. That is really poor. There are lots of comments with different ideas in each one of them. But finally we could do an agreement. Remain the enemies frozen, and apply the same effects as the new Freeze. Personally, I would change the entire ability, but they are only personal thoughts :P

I would greatly appreciate it freezing targets that surround FROST or at least applying COLD proc.

Edited by Dr.Schanbel

I, personally, want to see some changes as well.  However, since Frost are added to the PvP Roster I assume DE feel he is balanced enough.  Although we have a separate pvpve thing, changing the core skill WILL AFFECT both.

Ex: In pve Freeze have bigger AOE fire in small ice shards blah blah blah, but in PvP it is same as it is right now.

Edited by Hueminator