The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Frost Feedback / Discussion

XxMAGGOTxX

Lol post number 775. Damn.

But anyways, have any of you guys tried the Dex Dakra yet? It's absolutely amazing!

The Dex Dakra is pretty good, it has very similar stats to the Kronen.  They both have the same physical damage of 65, base status chance of 20% and the same jump, slide and wall attack damage stats. The major difference being that the Dex Dakra has a lower attack speed but a higher crit chance and multiplier. The Dex Dakra has a very unusual slam attack, it seems to proc impact damage and on rarer occasions it will proc blast damage. I've enjoyed using them. 

Well the Community Hot Topics has closed, and with Scott saying that he'll look over the older frames, I do hope that Frost is next up for some love!

We have many great ideas in this thread on how to improve Frost, I hope that they spur Scott on to making Frost the great frame that we all hope and wish him to be!

Well the Community Hot Topics has closed, and with Scott saying that he'll look over the older frames, I do hope that Frost is next up for some love!

We have many great ideas in this thread on how to improve Frost, I hope that they spur Scott on to making Frost the great frame that we all hope and wish him to be!

Yeah man. Me too but otger than his stats and abilities that I agree need to be buff, I would also like frost prime have his reappearance to look more like frost, like his horn turn to a golden long horn for frost prime and maybe his stripes same as frost, gold guanlet and gold armored legs.

Why cant I color forst prime's gold parts yet. Still been waiting for a change :/

The coloring part of the golden items usually comes in when the model gets PBR, or so I've seen.

Yeah man. Me too but otger than his stats and abilities that I agree need to be buff, I would also like frost prime have his reappearance to look more like frost, like his horn turn to a golden long horn for frost prime and maybe his stripes same as frost, gold guanlet and gold armored legs.

I hope Mynki does go back and rework how he looks. Of all the Primes...he's the one with the least "Prime"ness to him.

When i nearby sleep last night, i have think about chroma buff second skill. In accident, i wonder why not put reflected damage in to snow global. The only reason why all player use Frost is this skill. But after neft, this skill so suck, cant stay alive at later game. So put reflected damage on it, if enemy want to break it, they must take damage from they bullet same time.

Wow, over 700 replies. your ideas for his 2 and 4 are kinda op, I'd prefer if they just reduced damage for avalanche and added a 100% cold proc with maybe a 40% chance to freeze stuff in place. ice wave should expand in a cone, but I think it should have more cc than damage aswell. No offense to de, but I have no idea how de thought making freeze get removed by procs was a good idea. Frost prime needs to be redone visually, his armor and the gold on him isn't even the same color, and the color isn't changable. and think about it, frost has ONE ability that he's associated with, same as rhino; rhino has iron skin, thats what everyone uses him for, so that was made gold on his prime. Frost has globe, thats what everyone uses him for, so why the heck was ice wave the ability that got a gold affect? and tbh, I used frost before I got his prime, I didn't even know ice wave left ice spikes behind it. It's a rushed job and I get the feeling it wasn't well thought out either. Why, DE?

Wow, over 700 replies. your ideas for his 2 and 4 are kinda op, I'd prefer if they just reduced damage for avalanche and added a 100% cold proc with maybe a 40% chance to freeze stuff in place. ice wave should expand in a cone, but I think it should have more cc than damage aswell. No offense to de, but I have no idea how de thought making freeze get removed by procs was a good idea. Frost prime needs to be redone visually, his armor and the gold on him isn't even the same color, and the color isn't changable. and think about it, frost has ONE ability that he's associated with, same as rhino; rhino has iron skin, thats what everyone uses him for, so that was made gold on his prime. Frost has globe, thats what everyone uses him for, so why the heck was ice wave the ability that got a gold affect? and tbh, I used frost before I got his prime, I didn't even know ice wave left ice spikes behind it. It's a rushed job and I get the feeling it wasn't well thought out either. Why, DE?

Keep in mind that Frost is advertised to be used both offensively and defensively. Lessening the damage hinders his offensive potential. Having it be just a cold proc is just a bigger version of Freeze, isn't really original.

They didn't go with a golden Snow Globe because...well...try seeing out of a golden ball with it being shiny and glimmering. But I think they could've given the shell a golden hue or tint, or made the orokin letters/symbols fly around within the globe instead of the Snow Storm, similar to how the wisps fly around within the Relays. It would be something interesting to see.

Yes, I will keep making these posts until something is done because something needs to be done. And before you say that he doesn't need these, let me ask you, should we forsake three abilities for the sake of one? Frost has 1 defensive ability, the others are offensive. If that's the case, your precious Rhino is just a defensive frame with Iron Skin, or Nekros is offensive because of Soul Punch.

Well, where's his CC in Avalanche? Nova has better CC than him, and so does Vauban. For someone with ice abilities, he can't do anything related to the element. He can't de-buff, he can't CC and he certainly can't dish out any amount of damage. I've thought of some nice things to be added to his abilities just to finally get him on his feet and out of pressing 3 all day.

Freeze. Okay, it's alright now, but the damage is actually too high and still breaks with one hit. Once again, lower the damage, have all the enemies frozen stay inactive for a certain amount of time and not a certain amount of damage.

Ice Wave. This one is alright, would be better if it had knockdown as well as spread out in a cone. This would make it much more viable and fit in with CC more.

Snow Globe. Timer or health, not both. Also, on destruction, have a small blast that will deal a small amount of damage and freeze enemies for a brief period of time, or something similar. Either way, limit it's use to only 3 or 4 at a time and allow allies to shoot through it as well as our beloved Frosts. Oh an not to mention, maybe tone down the visual effects inside the globe? Kinda hard to see out of it at times. And just as another post had said (can't remember which) add cracks to show health and a shattering effect when the health has been fully depleted. 

Avalanche. Oh boy... This has been the bane of Frost's existence since day one. Not only can it do no damage, but it has literally no utility. There is no other reason to use it, unless your enemies are under level 32. Give it some massive CC potential, as well as those frozen extremely weak to cold attacks, as well as weak to normal attacks but not as weak. Also, when frozen, have them explode and damage nearby enemies and have a small chance to freeze them as well. The damage shouldn't be overpowered, but don't keep having the underpowered trend with Frost going. Also, maybe leave an aura of cold that procs enemies for a short period of time? Or alternatively, those who come out of being frozen, have them get a 100% cold proc for a little while, just to give the team some reprieve. Keep in mind, this is an ice themed frame. Ice is normally used in other games to not just deal massive damage, but wear down enemies and break down their defenses. EDIT: Also, maybe this should push enemies away a bit when they are relatively close to Frost. This could be used as an awesome area lock down, in combination with Ice Wave and Freeze if they were to implement this. 

Not to mention, his stats sure could use a polish up as well. They aren't up to date with current Warframes, and that should also be addressed. That only shows just how long it's been since anything has been done to him. He's too slow and he should have a bit more armor if you ask me. Of course there are more details, but I haven't really paid too much attention to the stats, my main concern has always been how he will scale with enemies and currently, he has no scaling. Most other frames have scaling, and yet they get buffs as well. What about our good ol' Frosty? 

I'm not out to take away his defensive abilities, but rather improve the other 3 he has. Frost is not fine where he is. Every frame can do what he does but better. So where does he come in? Been asking myself that question a lot lately. I've always loved ice themed characters and stuff in games, but this one... Oh boy this one. DE only did something to him twice, if you count the tiny little change they did to Freeze that actually doesn't make that much of a difference because it only deals small amount of damage instead of freezing nearby targets.

Don't sacrifice 3 abilities for just 1. Snow globe is good, so instead of leaving Frost as a walking nerf, buff his other 3 to be on the same level as Snow Globe. I'm not asking for damage, so this is not a case of me wanting him to be overpowered. I actually want him to stop being so underpowered.

I like these ideas. I'm starting to think that in a game like Warframe, it might be better to leave damage to the weapons and make powers based on utility. I'd be interested to see how that would work. 

Hey guys!  Changing the title of this thread a bit.

Also, just a reminder to keep it to constructive criticism or civil debate please!  

Please no more jokes / videos / bump posts that do not add anything to the discussion whatsoever other than a few laughs etc..

Pretty please, with some ICEing on top!? :-)  

Thanks all!

Hey guys!  Changing the title of this thread a bit.

Also, just a reminder to keep it to constructive criticism or civil debate please!  

Please no more jokes / videos / bump posts that do not add anything to the discussion whatsoever other than a few laughs etc..

Pretty please, with some ICEing on top!? :-)  

Thanks all!

Gotcha mister! Sadly, I ran out of ideas for a buff to our COOL friend, I used up all my ideas in the 20th page. Repeating them again would be... uhm... kinda useless xD I think I'll test the Augment Mods to see if they deserve love or something. I've got Snow Globe Augment by the way waiting to be tested.

Edited by Dancli

Gotcha mister! Sadly, I ran out of ideas for a buff to our COOL friend, I used up all my ideas in the 20th page. Repeating them again would be... uhm... kinda useless xD I think I'll test the Augment Mods to see if they deserve love or something. I've got Snow Globe Augment by the way waiting to be tested.

I see what you did there :-)  Personally, no lie, the ice wave impedence mod is pretty much, my favorite augment in the game at the moment.  It's like Void ice traps on steroids for the enemies.  I LOVE that augment.

Totally changed the way I play Frost!