Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nullifier's Bubble Isn't Affected By Damage, And Here's Proof

Althran

Slash damage will still kill Corpus. The penalty is really small. Only -25% and only against Robotic health.

Nullifier Shield reduces all damage to 400. For example, Paris Prime can deal up to 30 000 damage per shot. It is a 98.6% damage reduction.

Point was it wasn't the most effective means. But should it change because I prefer to use a mismatched element type? No it shouldn't that would be stupid. Damage reduction doesn't matter, you know the cap now. If you choose to put an arrow into it knowing that then you cant really complain as you made that choice. There are other means of handling that opponent that do not involve the primary weapon. Secondary, melee (most risky), moving away ignoring the nullifier and clearing away enemies around the nullifier, and teamwork. People not wanting to use any of the other ways of taking a nullifier down should not blame the enemy. But blame themselves for not trying to take it down in a different manner than using 1 of your assets.

Tell me a disadvatage of Boltor Prime, Soma or Synoid Grammacor.

Boltor/soma can run out of ammo if not used properly, leading to being forced to use a secondary (OMG shock I need to use a 2nd weapon other than a primary) Gammacor well >.> not as effective on grineer due to unchangable mag proc base. (they do have disadvantages however small they may seem) Overall if used properly there is none really. But is that an excuse to not start adding some disadvantages to different weapon types?

Taking down Nullifier from range is always a better option. Even if he is alone you can get one shotted by his Lanka. Add some Bombards and Heavy Gunners.

High RoF weapons already excel at any stage of a game.

Blame the way the game is for them excelling not the nullifier. You take a heavy hitting weapon to take out things with single shots thats what its for and in a game where enemies are abundant its at a disadvantage. Thats how the game works, sorry but thats no change from before and cant exactly be used as a reason to change the nullifier.  Nullifiers counter being 1 shot with that bubble turning them into RoF feed just means 1 more opponent to chew through. Im all for adding more powerful enemies that make RoF near worthless giving stronger single shot weapons  the advantage. However you cant get there if you dont start with something.

Paris Prime and Opicor were pretty viable choice in T4 but no more. Adding Nulifier only removed weapons from viable choice.

How are they not viable? they still take out gunners/bombards in 1-2 hits, still can destroy normal not worth wasting a shot on enemies. You only decide its not viable because you cant kill "EVERYTHING" with it. Its still as viable as it was before except its mismatched against a new enemy type. Just because its mismatched and you have a preference on a weapon that is mismatched doesn't mean it should change.

Those weapons severally under preform compared to Synoid Grammacor, Boltor Prime. You put yourself in disadvantage for using them. I can complete T4 mission with only MK-1 Branton but how much time will it take for me?

You keep trying to use a comparison to justify it being worse. They are different weapons with different uses trading 1 thing for another. You choose to bring it then you willingly accept how it functions. Slower firing weaps usually have higher damage per shot and better accuracy (except with shotguns ofc cuz of spread) you trade RoF which breeds CC for insta kill if the shot hits. RoF weaps trade damage per shot for CC yet have a higher sustained damage due to less reloading. In a game where you have hoards of enemies coming at you CC is needed weather its through an ability or a gun. (basic mechanics 101) Having a slower firing gun doesn't work as well but it takes out stronger opponents with little effort/1 shot like its made to do. If you have a slower firing main weapon your abilities or your secondary weapon can be used for CC. Saving your ammo on your main when crowds are too much.

As for the mk1 braton part you chose to bring it. Its possible to do and challenging but you knew that beforehand didn't you? You have a choice of secondaries and skills/melee. If you want to bring it then do so however dont try to use it as an excuse to change the enemies because it doesn't work nearly as good as other weapons. You only limit yourself if you want to only use 1 weapon at your disposal throughout the entire match.

Edited by dragonkingdx

Point was it wasn't the most effective means. But should it change because I prefer to use a mismatched element type? No it shouldn't that would be stupid. Damage reduction doesn't matter, you know the cap now. If you choose to put an arrow into it knowing that then you cant really complain as you made that choice. There are other means of handling that opponent that do not involve the primary weapon. Secondary, melee (most risky), moving away ignoring the nullifier and clearing away enemies around the nullifier, and teamwork. People not wanting to use any of the other ways of taking a nullifier down should not blame the enemy. But blame themselves for not trying to take it down in a different manner than using 1 of your assets.

I can put Corrosive on my Synoid Grammacor and it will be effective against any faction and any enemy.

I can put as much rate of fire mods on my Opticor and it still won't be able to kill Nulifier in one clip.

Boltor/soma can run out of ammo if not used properly, leading to being forced to use a secondary (OMG shock I need to use a 2nd weapon other than a primary) Gammacor well >.> not as effective on grineer due to unchangable mag proc base. (they do have disadvantages however small they may seem) Overall if used properly there is none really. But is that an excuse to not start adding some disadvantages to different weapon types?

You just said yourself that automatic weapons have no downsides. Whats the point of making them even better over slow firing weapons that already had a lot of downsides.

Blame the way the game is for them excelling not the nullifier. You take a heavy hitting weapon to take out things with single shots thats what its for and in a game where enemies are abundant its at a disadvantage. Thats how the game works, sorry but thats no change from before and cant exactly be used as a reason to change the nullifier.  Nullifiers counter being 1 shot with that bubble turning them into RoF feed just means 1 more opponent to chew through. Im all for adding more powerful enemies that make RoF near worthless giving stronger single shot weapons  the advantage. However you cant get there if you dont start with something.

Nullifiers only make game even excel even more is same direction. Whats the point of adding them? They don't even prevent abilities farm. People switched to Grineer and Draco.

How are they not viable? they still take out gunners/bombards in 1-2 hits, still can destroy normal not worth wasting a shot on enemies. You only decide its not viable because you cant kill "EVERYTHING" with it. Its still as viable as it was before except its mismatched against a new enemy type. Just because its mismatched and you have a preference on a weapon that is mismatched doesn't mean it should change.

Meanwhile Synoid Grammacor can kill everything without even reloading.

You keep trying to use a comparison to justify it being worse. They are different weapons with different uses trading 1 thing for another. You choose to bring it then you willingly accept how it functions. Slower firing weaps usually have higher damage per shot and better accuracy (except with shotguns ofc cuz of spread) you trade RoF which breeds CC for insta kill if the shot hits. RoF weaps trade damage per shot for CC yet have a higher sustained damage due to less reloading. In a game where you have hoards of enemies coming at you CC is needed weather its through an ability or a gun. (basic mechanics 101) Having a slower firing gun doesn't work as well but it takes out stronger opponents with little effort/1 shot like its made to do. If you have a slower firing main weapon your abilities or your secondary weapon can be used for CC. Saving your ammo on your main when crowds are too much.

And what does Synoid Grammacor or Boltor Prime trade for? There is no point in going high damage single shot against any enemy.

As for the mk1 braton part you chose to bring it. Its possible to do and challenging but you knew that beforehand didn't you? You have a choice of secondaries and skills/melee. If you want to bring it then do so however dont try to use it as an excuse to change the enemies because it doesn't work nearly as good as other weapons. You only limit yourself if you want to only use 1 weapon at your disposal throughout the entire match.

There is no point in using slow firing weapons right now outside of artificial challenge.

I can put Corrosive on my Synoid Grammacor and it will be effective against any faction and any enemy.

I can put as much rate of fire mods on my Opticor and it still won't be able to kill Nulifier in one clip.

You just said yourself that automatic weapons have no downsides. Whats the point of making them even better over slow firing weapons that already had a lot of downsides.

Nullifiers only make game even excel even more is same direction. Whats the point of adding them? They don't even prevent abilities farm. People switched to Grineer and Draco.

Meanwhile Synoid Grammacor can kill everything without even reloading.

And what does Synoid Grammacor or Boltor Prime trade for? There is no point in going high damage single shot against any enemy.

There is no point in using slow firing weapons right now outside of artificial challenge.

Your whole reply is that these weapons are better so therefore anything else is useless/not worth taking. (thats what I get from every reply because you keep hinging on how a seperate weapon better handles 1 opponent better and has more advantages) Yet who is making them useless? certainly not the nullifier, they make slower ones less effective vs them and them alone (not counting those inside the bubble) however not useless.

Its the mindset of the person using the weapon that will determine if it is useless to them. (which should not hinge as a solid fact twords changing it, as preference is not a reason for something being unfair) And for you and a few others in this thread that may be the case. However its far from useless as I can still use my paris/opticor in any given corpus mission/void and not have problem (and yes without gammacor or high ROF sidarm weaps). The weapons as they are still preform fine overall and are no more worse off than they were before the nullifier was added.

Edited by dragonkingdx

Your whole reply is that these weapons are better so therefore anything else is useless/not worth taking. (thats what I get from every reply because you keep hinging on how a seperate weapon better handles 1 opponent better and has more advantages) Yet who is making them useless? certainly not the nullifier, they make slower ones less effective vs them and them alone (not counting those inside the bubble) however not useless.

Its the mindset of the person using the weapon that will determine if it is useless to them. (which should not hinge as a solid fact twords changing it, as preference is not a reason for something being unfair) And for you and a few others in this thread that may be the case. However its far from useless as I can still use my paris/opticor in any given corpus mission/void and not have problem (and yes without gammacor or high ROF sidarm weaps). The weapons as they are still preform fine overall and are no more worse off than they were before the nullifier was added.

Snipers and bows preform much much worse since Nulifier was added. Paris Prime could one shot any enemy 60 minutes in to the T4 Survival, now you need at least 10 shots to take down a Nulifier. It is ten times worse then it used to be. There is no deny that Synoid Grammacor is much better choice over bows. The only advantage that bows had was one shooting a huge line of enemies. It was its advantage over automatic weapons. Now there is no advantage in using bow.

Snipers and bows preform much much worse since Nulifier was added. Paris Prime could one shot any enemy 60 minutes in to the T4 Survival, now you need at least 10 shots to take down a Nulifier. It is ten times worse then it used to be. There is no deny that Synoid Grammacor is much better choice over bows. The only advantage that bows had was one shooting a huge line of enemies. It was its advantage over automatic weapons. Now there is no advantage in using bow.

How do they preform worse? Did the enemies get a magical buff that I missed? because last time I checked they work the same against every enemy that is not cloaked by a nullifier. Paris can still 1 shot any enemy besides nullifiers. (and by extention inside the bubble) I do not see how that makes a weapon useless/worse, as nullifiers usually have 2-5 in a room. (less if you actually take them out asap through teamwork)

Edited by dragonkingdx

Sir it appears that you do not realize what WF is about. Let me enlighten you.

Player CHOICE. That means taking the weapons you WANT where you want them and expecting them to function the way they always have. However with this particular enemy it's mechanics are weighted heavily in favor of High ROF weaponry. Thus we have an imbalance that needs to be corrected to ensure player choice thrives instead of dies.

Honestly every word you have written is some vitreol towards players that do not choose to play your way and therefore should "adapt".

Lets flip the script on High ROF weapons for a week. Change nullifiers to allow high damage low ROF weapons to pop the bubbles in seconds and force high ROF weapons to take 6-9 seconds to pop the bubbles and see how many players change sides to actually thinking this crap is unfair and biased.

Player CHOICE. That means taking the weapons you WANT where you want them and expecting them to function the way they always have. However with this particular enemy it's mechanics are weighted heavily in favor of High ROF weaponry. Thus we have an imbalance that needs to be corrected to ensure player choice thrives instead of dies.

Honestly every word you have written is some vitreol towards players that do not choose to play your way and therefore should "adapt".

Lets flip the script on High ROF weapons for a week. Change nullifiers to allow high damage low ROF weapons to pop the bubbles in seconds and force high ROF weapons to take 6-9 seconds to pop the bubbles and see how many players change sides to actually thinking this crap is unfair and biased.

You have the same exact function, they function like they always do. Do you expect a miter to 1 shot a heavy gunner? no its mismatched. It still functions the same way however its less effective. You have a choice and you can bring the same weapon as always, you never lost your choice. Your interpretation is off when it comes to how a weapon fares against an opponent, as your choice can be the same regardless of what opponent your up against. Less effective as it may be on 1 opponent it still functions the same as it always did. You cant 1 shot a frost eximus when its shield up can you? you need an arrow to take it down. So should that be changed because it can no longer 1 shot an opponent? Nullifiers follow the same principle but are harder than the eximus. Their shields do not go away as easily.

Edited by dragonkingdx

You have the same exact function, they function like they always do. Do you expect a miter to 1 shot a heavy gunner? no its mismatched. It still functions the same way however its less effective. You have a choice and you can bring the same weapon as always. Less effective as it may be on 1 opponent it still functions the same as it always did. You cant 1 shot a frost eximus when its shield up can you? you need an arrow to take it down. So should that be changed because it can no longer 1 shot an opponent? Nullifiers follow the same principle but are harder than the eximus. Their shields do not go away as easily.

'scuse me?

Pretty sure their shields do go away easily if you point a high RoF weapon at their general direction.

They don't if you have any weapon that has single RoF.

Some choice that is.

'scuse me?

Pretty sure their shields do go away easily if you point a high RoF weapon at their general direction.

They don't if you have any weapon that has single RoF.

Some choice that is.

Thats plenty choice. You can choose to bring it however you just dont want to. You can bring a slower RoF weapon, you were never told you could not. (and if you were I honestly wanna see where) Whats more viable and what you chose to bring are 2 different things. You always have a choice

Thats plenty choice. You can choose to bring it however you just dont want to. You can bring a slower RoF weapon, you were never told you could not. (and if you were I honestly wanna see where) Whats more viable and what you chose to bring are 2 different things. You always have a choice

You don't make any sense.  You say that it's choice to not be able to bring low rate of fire weapons.  I really don't always have a choice if all the enemies in the room are hiding inside the bubble that can't be popped really easily without high RoF weapons.

You don't make any sense.  You say that it's choice to not be able to bring low rate of fire weapons.  I really don't always have a choice if all the enemies in the room are hiding inside the bubble that can't be popped really easily without high RoF weapons.

Are you sure you dont have a choice? In solo you have the option of bringing a slightly higher still heavy hitting secondary (brakk is my fav for that), you can melee it (its risky esp when heavier opponents are in the bubble but still possible), or you can run away (because some enemies have shorter/longer ranges that allows some to exit the sphere when they chase you/allow you to reposition yourself to handle the bubble from a safer distance). In a team you have the option of leaving it alone for a person with a higher ROF weap to deal with. (as you literally dont need to be the first to kill everything) Or at the very least keep trying to pop it with a slower RoF weap. It still brakes just takes longer

In the end you have choices to take it down in a few ways with a slower firing weaps. However if you do not try to use those choices then your kinda screwing yourself there by limiting what you want to do

Edited by dragonkingdx

In the end you have choices to take it down in a few ways with a slower firing weaps. However if you do not try to use those choices then your kinda screwing yourself there by limiting what you want to do

Semantics gets people no where. Yes we COULD bring those weapons thus choice, the enemy however heavily punishes those choices making that choice terrible which is why this entire discussion is happening. Please stop saying that we can actually bring them this is obvious, it should also be obvious that when we say choice we mean a choice that doesn't completely gimp us during gameplay. The shields overlapping, other mobs generally standing in the bubble, the mobs in the bubble punishing melee. All of these push towards the nullifiers being a primary target which should be focused. Taking out these targets is precision, high damage weapons forte, they take this purpose away, it makes the weapons feel terrible when using them, how else does this need to be said. Yes I can take the weapons I love, too bad this single mob makes using them feel terrible.

Edited by Rehero

Totally off topic from the discussion within a discussion going on above, but while casually playing Elara with Frost Prime, found out that Freeze does damage to shields. An ability that does damage to something that's supposed to 100% nullify abilities...DE, if you're gonna make a game changing enemy, at LEAST make them logical, and follow a set of rules. Let's not even talk about Nullifiers resisting knockdowns of all sorts, and don't get me started on Nullies and Rift mechanics...

Semantics gets people no where. Yes we COULD bring those weapons thus choice, the enemy however heavily punishes those choices making that choice terrible which is why this entire discussion is happening. Please stop saying that we can actually bring them this is obvious, it should also be obvious that when we say choice we mean a choice that doesn't completely gimp us during gameplay. The shields overlapping, other mobs generally standing in the bubble, the mobs in the bubble punishing melee. All of these push towards the nullifiers being a primary target which should be focused. Taking out these targets is precision, high damage weapons forte, they take this purpose away, it makes the weapons feel terrible when using them, how else does this need to be said. Yes I can take the weapons I love, too bad this single mob makes using them feel terrible.

Thats what happens in games weapons are made less viable against certain opponents. (this shouldnt be new to anyone who has played a game for at least a year) While strong on some is weak vs others. Your feeling punished is what happens when you cannot use what you like however its a enemy that provides difficulty. (little to those who have higher RoF however still some manner of difficulty) As ive said through quite a few threads I do not mind some manner of difficulty and that I hope they make something that limits higher RoF weaps in the same way. (as I suggested before in another thread like a bullet attractor enemy/turbulance cloaked enemy that draws the spam of bullets away from enemies yet can be overpowered by single shot high damage weapons) They can do such a thing and I think a nullifier is a nice first step to making things a bit less cut and dry as running in shoot everything up/spam 4 and get the frigg out of there. 

this opponent making my opticor less viable vs that enemy doesnt make me feel horrible or terrible it just means I cannot handle it in the same way I was before. However there is always counter measures to beat it. Your never gimped you just allow yourself to be by focusing on how 1 group of weapons handles it better.

However my feeling to nullifiers is that they are fine as they are they can be beaten with whatever weapon you have. Its not a popular opinion in this thread but whatever thats how I feel. I can respect the way everyone else feels. However many of the arguments are based off of what weapon handles it better, or we have no other options (which is not true) And is not geared twords "we feel punished because we cannot take it down fast enough can you please consider changing it". So far its been "we feel punished because this weapon doesn't work as well as this one"  if you intend to compare weapons then there is an argument that there is other ways to handle the situation. (because you brought a different type of gameplay style into it you make it a discussion of what you choose to bring and what will work the best)  If your simply asking for a change then a comparison is not needed as the feeling of it being weaker and taking longer should speak for itself.  There is a difference from feelings and facts as well as what is a choice and what is viable. (people often get them confused)

While I certainly don't think that Nullifiers are balanced properly, and they do need adjustments there's the whole Eximus versus critical strike weapons issue.  Soma/Soma Prime/Amprex/Grakata are essentially ineffective against any Eximus shield and someone using one of these weapons has to take a hard hitting secondary with them or rely on a team mate to break them is this fair?  More importantly do you see them making a thread that goes on and on saying the same S#&$ over and over complaining about it?

At this point DE has seen the thread here (obviously since there have been multiple posts) and nothing is going to change until/unless they decide to.  These "woe is me and my poor low rof/low mag cap weapons" posts are getting old because they're the same response that is always given.  Do you have a choice of loadouts now? I'll answer that one, yes you do.  You also have the choice to hamper yourself and not gear intelligently which is certainly a choice as well.  I know when I'm using a low rof primary I tend to take something that can dump out a ton of damage with a big mag as a secondary, and vice versa when using a high rof primary I go for a high damage secondary.

These are all choices people make in their loadouts and there are up and downsides to any choices made.  We are all playing a game with horrific balance problems across the board with regards to Warframe and Weapon power so the fact that things are left alone shouldn't surprise anyone (Eximus versus crit weapons has been a problem for a very long time).  Hopefully something is done to balance out kill times with regards to Nullifier shields, but until then you're all making a conscious decision as to how you want to play.  DE is not forcing you to dump your primaries for a Boltor Prime, but they are forcing you to adapt to an enemy type that you know you will be facing.

This is no different than any other situation that already exists in the game where certain choices or strategies need to be employed (Lephantis with a high rof weapon? lol right, Eximus with a crit weapon? good luck, Ruk with a high rof weapon rather than high damage or continous? enjoy your long wait).  These things all exist in Warframe and have for a while nobody specific is being picked on here (except for people who want shotguns to be on par with other primaries) it's just how the game goes.  Should Nullifiers be balanced? Sure they definitely should.  Can you easily work around them? Yes.

They can do such a thing and I think a nullifier is a nice first step to making things a bit less cut and dry as running in shoot everything up/spam 4 and get the frigg out of there.

No, Nullifier is just as any enemy - you shoot him until he dies. He does not bring anything new to game. Melee, sliding... All is pointless when you can shoot bubble with high attack rate weapon.

And there are no plans on making enemies against high RoF weapons. Nullifiers are knee jerk reaction to Viver, Cerberus... People already switched to Draco and Grineer to farm rep. All Nullifiers do is remove diversity in late game weapons...

No, Nullifier is just as any enemy - you shoot him until he dies. He does not bring anything new to game. Melee, sliding... All is pointless when you can shoot bubble with high attack rate weapon.

And there are no plans on making enemies against high RoF weapons. Nullifiers are knee jerk reaction to Viver, Cerberus... People already switched to Draco and Grineer to farm rep. All Nullifiers do is remove diversity in late game weapons...

im sorry so if he brings nothing new to the game then what is everyone complaining about? Surely if its nothing new than this has to be about some old problem that was never solved /sarcasm

You see you still dont get the point of what works for taking an opponent down vs what works the best and is most viable. You only make it pointless when you refuse to try something other than what you normally do. And honestly you think thats a reaction to viver/cerberus? Their fix was a rep cap, because now we cant get infinite rep. So how is this a reaction to fixing something that has already been fixed?

There is no disadvantage for high RoF weapons.  None.  Zip.  Zilch.  Zero.  NADA.

o,o ammo consumption runs out on longer runs even with quick click bursts. Just sayin

These are all choices people make in their loadouts and there are up and downsides to any choices made.  We are all playing a game with horrific balance problems across the board with regards to Warframe and Weapon power so the fact that things are left alone shouldn't surprise anyone (Eximus versus crit weapons has been a problem for a very long time).  Hopefully something is done to balance out kill times with regards to Nullifier shields, but until then you're all making a conscious decision as to how you want to play.  DE is not forcing you to dump your primaries for a Boltor Prime, but they are forcing you to adapt to an enemy type that you know you will be facing.

This is the reason why people are making such a ruckus over it. It would be different if the gap in efficiency against them was the same as it normally is when it comes to balance. But this is the first time I can remember, I may be missing some, that they just completely render something moot. It takes all of the formaed weapons and preferred play styles of those whom vastly prefer the slower rate of fire weapons (some of us just get super bored with higher rate of fire weapons) and invalidates it.

o,o ammo consumption runs out on longer runs even with quick click bursts. Just sayin

That happens with many of the weapons if you don't use some external ammo regen, especially if we bring bows and snipers into the mix. I wouldn't consider that a downside in the slightest.

Edited by Rehero

That happens with many of the weapon if you don't use some external ammo regen, especially if we bring bows and snipers into the mix. I wouldn't consider that a downside in the slightest.

o.o always remembered running out of ammo with soma/boltor p when I used it in t3 survival missions back in the day. (was like 6+ months ago since I haven't even touched them since) Even with them quick bursts by 45 mins I was usually down to half a clip of ammo remaining. Usually by that time I ended up using my secondary/scavenging.

o.o always remembered running out of ammo with soma/boltor p when I used it in t3 survival missions back in the day. (was like 6+ months ago since I haven't even touched them since) Even with them quick bursts by 45 mins I was usually down to half a clip of ammo remaining. Usually by that time I ended up using my secondary/scavenging.

Right but bringing ammo into the mix when the max ammo of a sniper/bow is 72 is kinda silly. Use ammo restores.

Right but bringing ammo into the mix when the max ammo of a sniper/bow is 72 is kinda silly. Use ammo restores.

meh I always carried arrow mutation, that was before I stopped needing it >.> considering like 1 in 7 enemies usually drops at least 1 sniper ammo drop.  But meh usually by that time you end up using more ammo than ammo restores can resupply, unless you drop multi and many times when you need it you dont have the leisure to stand and drop a few. (though honestly wish restores were easier to use since you defiantly need some cover time with them when opening the gear spot and having to click on it >.> need a hot key for some gears lol)