Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Wyrm Is Still Not Fixed And Still Is Completely And Utterly Useless

Aerensiniac

The only use i have found to wyrm at present is that it can slow down incoming enemies if supplied with a cryo and/or stun mod. Otherwise, it lacks damage and amounts to nothing in general.

The two main issues of wyrm are:

- User cannot stealth with it since wyrm will shoot everything in the back

- It's crowd control skill is completely and utterly useless/not working

Suggestion:

- Prevent sentinels from firing while in stealth (crouched mode)

- Increase crowd control radius by at least 1000% (even then it wont amount to a wet fart, since the most critical units like infested chargers are immune to it, but at least it will do SOMETHING)

One way or another, but wyrm at present cannot challenge the shade in any form or way.

Shade outclasses wyrm in every possible aspect of game play.

I think there is no need to compare them since wyrm and shade are made for two different ways of combat, you seems to like the stealth style, that is why you find wyrm useless since it is made for a different kind of combat.

Wyrm is pretty useless, and Shade is completely broken/OP

I'm surprised the devs havent said anything or fixed anything. Fans that think Shade is great because it basically lets you never take damage (but sucks at actual stealth) doesn't equal "great sentinel" in my mind. 

Dude the Wrym is not a sentential that you should use for stealth runs thats the shade. the way you use the wrym is full mod it gun and sentential and walk it will kill half off your enemies its self. it if says in the description that its not a very stealth and that it will shoot at anything so as to why your useing it on stealth runs is mind boggling stupid

Dude the Wrym is not a sentential that you should use for stealth runs thats the shade. the way you use the wrym is full mod it gun and sentential and walk it will kill half off your enemies its self. it if says in the description that its not a very stealth and that it will shoot at anything so as to why your useing it on stealth runs is mind boggling stupid

you mean half ot the enemies you encounter will try to slaughter your wyrm no matter what.

friend got the wyrm and i got a shade. mine is 26 while his wyrm is 16 although he bought his wyrm a day before i even started building mine. his wyrm hardly survives any missions since it starts shooting everything in range, gets aggro, dies.

my shade does not shoot at all, sometimes after i get hit but mostly i finish those enemies off myself. so my shade is 26 and got a maxed laster burst fire pistol.

what shade is doing:

replenish my shield should they fall, cloak every once in a while to take me out of combat.

what wyrm is doing:

get aggro -> die.

Edited by dEEkAy2k9

Meh. Wyrm looks cooler and I don't bother to stealth, so whatever.

I agree. even with the spinning arse. :)

@OP:

I think the base may be that you are choosing the wrong tool like many other posts have mentioned. You can't use a Meat Chopper in a situation that requires a Surgical Knife. If you play stealth, you should take Shade. If you don't like Wyrm auto firing, you should take out Warrior mod.

I agree. even with the spinning arse. :)

@OP:

I think the base may be that you are choosing the wrong tool like many other posts have mentioned. You can't use a Meat Chopper in a situation that requires a Surgical Knife. If you play stealth, you should take Shade. If you don't like Wyrm auto firing, you should take out Warrior mod.

I have both sentinels and the main point here is that wyrm has two great downsides to it while the shade is the ultimate pet.

See i have built the wyrm first (and actually intended to stick to it) cause i found it more appealing mechanic and looks wise, but what gives?

- Damage that amounts to nothing

- Despite of being "warrior" its health and shields are roughly the half of shade's (i cant even tell the specifics cause the devs didnt give a **** about releasing their stats)

- Its signature skill is broken beyond belief and does next to nothing

- A great deal of enemies are simply immune to its signature skill should it somehow miraculously still trigger

- Shoots enemies in the back on the few occasions i do intend to go stealth, and alerts every ****ing minion within 2 room's range too.

So no thank you.

If its ONLY issue would be that it disrupts stealth run attempts, i would say fine, im cutting it some slack and simply use a pet when i want to stealth, but this mess? This pet is 70% useless. It's only use is to slow down single targets.

The wyrm is totally broken. For all those guys running around here crying "wyrm is great, he replenishes my shield", the shade does that as well.

The shade and the wyrm differ in two things:

Crowd dispersion vs. stealth

attack everything vs. revenge

Well, lets go with the attack first. Even a fully mod sentinel laser gun deals near to no damage. The worst sidearm you may equip is about 3 times as strong. Mods do not change. An unmodded boltor has more dps than a fully modded laser gun. The only useful things about the laser gun is it staggering enemies once in a while. But in the end, the little dps the Wyrm has, they do not matter in any way.

Let's compare the other two skills: Crowd dispersion is supposed to somehow stun enemies in an area around you. Let's face it, it doesn't. Nobody knows how it is supposed to work, the effect is not noticable. Stealth on the other way cloaks you have of the time, even mid battle! All enemies lose there aggro and your shields may regenerate or you take cover. Or run up to the next enemy and f*** him. To make it short: it does the same thing crowd dispersion is supposed to do, just better. And in addition to that, you can use the stealth for stealth. But the true strength of stealth is its immense usefulness for offensive play.

Don't get fooled by the misleading descriptions in the game.

Edited by Buddlschlumpf

Apart from fixing Crowd Dispersion (and its obviously needs fixing), Wyrms weapon should be buffed. As "assault" sentinel he should be able to really help you with dealing damage. According to wiki his weapon deal 3 dmg! At the moment its useful only to aply elemental debuffs (like slowing cold dmg). His weapon should deal at least dmg similar to starting weapons like lato or braton, to make it worth using.

I have both sentinels and the main point here is that wyrm has two great downsides to it while the shade is the ultimate pet.

See i have built the wyrm first (and actually intended to stick to it) cause i found it more appealing mechanic and looks wise, but what gives?

- Damage that amounts to nothing

- Despite of being "warrior" its health and shields are roughly the half of shade's (i cant even tell the specifics cause the devs didnt give a **** about releasing their stats)

- Its signature skill is broken beyond belief and does next to nothing

- A great deal of enemies are simply immune to its signature skill should it somehow miraculously still trigger

- Shoots enemies in the back on the few occasions i do intend to go stealth, and alerts every ****ing minion within 2 room's range too.

So no thank you.

If its ONLY issue would be that it disrupts stealth run attempts, i would say fine, im cutting it some slack and simply use a pet when i want to stealth, but this mess? This pet is 70% useless. It's only use is to slow down single targets.

There may be misunderstanding here.

My agreement is that Wyrm LOOKS nicer (imo).

Personally, I like the current Shade better too!

The latter part of my comment simply refers to the stealth part. If there is desire for even some stealth in the game, then I think Wyrm should be ejected out of the sentinel choice immediately. For me, that part I can't understand why you bring on a Wyrm and expect to play stealthily.

Try to put CD on the top left , the shield thing top right, regen bottom left and shooting bottom right.

This puts the abilities in this order

1. CD

2. Shied.

3. Regen

4.shooting.

It appears to me, not that i have done any sort of extensive testing, that the sentinels will most likely do an ability the higher up is placed. Secondly, CD seems to be an ability that eats up a lot of energy so Wyrm cannot perform it as much as Shade can with ghost. Thirdly, it's supposed to go off when you are surrounded, it is not, again, like ghost where it just goes off when a enemy is around, it's supposed to go off when many enemies are around.

Edited by Mak_Gohae

The two main issues of wyrm are:

- User cannot stealth with it since wyrm will shoot everything in the back

- It's crowd control skill is completely and utterly useless/not working

- It's survivability is not up to par with the amount of aggro it draws to itself.

The Wyrm's current rifle stats (taken from Wiki):  Damage: 3.0 Fire rate: 6.7 Accuracy: 100 Magazine: 32

I think the Wyrm is supposed to make you "War Machine" from Iron Man while the Shade is supposed to make you "Predator" from Predator.

Currently, the Shade is doing it's job but I would agree that the Wyrm isn't, even though I don't own one personally.

It might need some tweaking.

Either buff it's weapon a lot (not recommended since sentinels do not consume bullets and do not require aiming to fire)

or

Buff it's survivabiliy (HP, Shield, Armor) and buff/don't buff its weapon by a bit.

Essentially, the Shade doesn't die as much because it doesn't attract much attention to itself and "Ghost" breaks aggro.

The Wyrm draws attention to itself while doing its job and when the user cannot clear out the enemies fast enough, it dies.

Edited by OoKeNnEtHoO

Well from experience my level 30 Wyrm with level 30 Laser Rifle kicks complete &#!

Like anything You just need to know how to mod him properly,

a lvl 30 supercharged Wyrm laser rifle is a killer and with proper shield and health mods the Wyrm is alot tougher than You would think... my Wyrm can survive any Defend wave i can

The Wyrm's laser rifle is definitely not useless, I put a Stormbringer mod on it, high level Speed Trigger and other mods, it mows down Corpus, stunlocks crewmen, and oftentimes kills enemies all by itself.

Now, Crowd Dispersion on the other hand... totally useless, it never works (as described).

No to the stealth thing.

If you want sneaky gameplay, buy shade.

However, the advantage to wyrm over shade should be that the former deals more damage and is better for brute force combat....

Unfortunately, this isn't the case.

To my knowledge, the shade actually seems to do MORE damage than the wyrm, and given how tiny and weak the crowd dispersion AoE is.... wyrm really has nothing going for it.