Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alternate Armor

lautalocos

im sorry in advance if this was mentioned before, and for my bad english.

we have alternate helmets, why not make alternate armor?

it would produce more income to DE and it would make rid of the problem that some people have with the actual design of the armors

At that point, wouldn't it be better to just make a completely different frame?

Uhh no? I mean of course, if the devs were planning alternate armors it would be related to the warframe. We don't need another warframe that would look like Excalibur or Nyx because it was supposed to be an alternate armor.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did it, but it's probably a lot of work, and the game is in Beta after all. Quite possibly something they'll add later on.

in that i agree. balancing skills and other stuff is more important now, but i just wanna add this so they consider it from an early stage of development

I've mention this kind of thing on gender topics but I'll mention it here to.

When you go to color customization you have 2 items above the colors by defualt. Warframe(frame) and helmet. This UI already displays your warframe as a selectable skin but with no option doesn't really feel like it's there doing anything at all. So it seems they have already thought of this as a future feature which will probably end up in the market. Hope they keep it 100% cosmetic unlike the helmets.

If I remember from the last twitch livestream there was talk around the point where gender choices on the frames was discussed, where it was said that instead of having gender choices on the frames we would be getting more customization options simliar to the new sentinel items.  Now that means to me at least that we will see in the future things we can sort of bolt onto our frames to customize them like perhaps arm guards or variant on armor platings.  This will probably end up being alternative armors for the frames but I figure that will be released probably simliar to the sentinel add-ons, where they will come out as time allows and probably will be plat and ? alert items only.  I also guess that any news about such things will be after update 8 at the earliest with a probable release date a few weeks after it gets released and that way it gives DE time to clean out the bugs from U8 release and some breathing room to sit down and just create (ie goof off).

If I remember from the last twitch livestream there was talk around the point where gender choices on the frames was discussed, where it was said that instead of having gender choices on the frames we would be getting more customization options simliar to the new sentinel items.  Now that means to me at least that we will see in the future things we can sort of bolt onto our frames to customize them like perhaps arm guards or variant on armor platings.  This will probably end up being alternative armors for the frames but I figure that will be released probably simliar to the sentinel add-ons, where they will come out as time allows and probably will be plat and ? alert items only.  I also guess that any news about such things will be after update 8 at the earliest with a probable release date a few weeks after it gets released and that way it gives DE time to clean out the bugs from U8 release and some breathing room to sit down and just create (ie goof off).

i didnt know.  thanks for the info!

If you look at the Warframe in paint they have "Default skin" equipped therefore it is possible for other skins. I mean it can't be that hard. Could be similar to how Borderlands, Amazing Spider, and Ultimate alliance set up skin changing.  Different styles, or patterns would be interesting for the Warframes. Like maybe a skin that allows Digital camo pattern or something like that. Could even be themed for each for the factions like have a Grineer logo, or Corpus logo, or even have blood stains all over it, maybe even battle damaged with cracks and wear on it if it was even possible. Skins would be pretty fun.

I just want High tec looking warframes or skins !

Not a fan of current armors !

But high tech looking armor isn't the theme of this game. The Warframes are supposed to look organic, which in my opinion a really awesome art style and new and fresh from most SciFi games.

But high tech looking armor isn't the theme of this game. The Warframes are supposed to look organic, which in my opinion a really awesome art style and new and fresh from most SciFi games.

actually, the last warframe concept art looks a little bit more tech looking, but i dont really like that look either and its just concept art, so who knows?