Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excalibur Prime In Profile

lancerr11

But it's not about "hiding" the founders exclusive item. It's more like you won't have it anyways, why show it there as if it's obtainable? I honestly think if it's not obtainable by everyone, it shouldn't include mastery rank and be in the profile at all. It should still exist in the codex and won't be hidden, but I don't see the point of those items that won't be obtainable being in profile.

Those items still exist in-game, so why shouldn't they be visable? Whether or not they're obtainable is completely irrelevant. And why shouldn't they give mastery points? Your (or other players', whatever the case may be) obsession with mastery rank is not a good enough reason to take an aspect away from some players' items. Especially not if they paid money for those items while under the assumption that those items would act like any other item in-game (no special mention was made by DE that founders gear wouldn't give mastery points).

I would like them to be. But I know, as you say it's "heresy," - I found that funny -  it will be super controversial. So I'll withdraw that statement on mastery rank. But in profile, they should be taken out from people who dont own founders exclusive items.

I completely disagree. I want them to remain there. Players who get their jimmies rustled whenever they see it can just opt to not look. At the risk of sounding like an A******, I don't give a rat's arse about your feelings nor do I view your feelings as being a good enough reason to hide something from the view of non-founders. Especially not when the act of hiding these items can be misinterpreted as being underhanded by other players (thus spawning more arguments).

Edit: I also disagree with all this tickbox nonsense. DEPablo (I think it was him) already said that they aren't going to add any toggle options that aren't important. And this most certainly isn't important.

Edited by (PS4)IIIDevoidIII
Cleaning

I'm all for hiding weapons, frames, and items that you cannot acquire by any means and if you have it, it stays on the list.  For the completionists out there, knowing there will be no way to complete said thing will drive them nuts.  Not to mention, you will always see that icon there in inventory and know it will never meant to be.

I am also against removing them from the codex. In fact these items should flash in the codex and state to players they would never ever be able to complete it, no matter how much they play or how much money they spent. I'm also in favor of exclusive brief event rewards, that further promotes this type of philosophy/business model, ones that real life occurrences prevent their attainment like a work trip, a hard test or the death of a close relative.

Edited by RFaul

I am also against removing them from the codex. In fact these items should flash in the codex and state to players they would never ever be able to complete it, no matter how much they play or how much money they spent. I'm also in favor of exclusive brief event rewards, that further promotes this type of philosophy/business model, ones that real life occurrences prevent their attainment like a work trip, a hard test or the death of a close relative.

Not sure if sarcasm or...

I sorta like the underlined idea, but instead of flashing I think it should just have a red text notice on each of their entries that they are unobtainable.

For people who are confused between the profile and the codex, please read.

But it's not about "hiding" the founders exclusive item. It's more like you won't have it anyways, why show it there as if it's obtainable? I honestly think if it's not obtainable by everyone, it shouldn't include mastery rank and be in the profile at all. It should still exist in the codex and won't be hidden, but I don't see the point of those items that won't be obtainable being in profile.

The OP wasn't talking about "hiding" the stuffs really, it's about the new UI in the profile, which shows the progress of weapon ranking of a player. It shouldn't show the progree of something that the player won't have anyways.

On the other hand, in the codex, there's no question that the founders items should be there. The codex still shows the progress but its main function should be like a dictionary that has data for all the things, except those of enemies we need to scan to have. We can look things up there.

The profile serves a different function. Ever since relays were added to the game, we could review other players' profile. It shows right at the "profile" tab that if the player is one of the founders or not. If they're not, why should the founder items be in the equipment tab?

It's really a small thing, but I think people have been arguing about something else. Hopefully that cleared things up about "hiding" things from people. Because this is not about that. Jesus, doesn't the post title say that too? "In Profile"

Edited by Chuck_NoMiss

For people who are confused between the profile and the codex, please read.

The OP wasn't talking about "hiding" the stuffs really, it's about the new UI in the profile, which shows the progress of weapon ranking of a player. It shouldn't show the progree of something that the player won't have anyways.

On the other hand, in the codex, there's no question that the founders items should be there. The codex still shows the progress but its main function should be like a dictionary that has data for all the things, except those of enemies we need to scan to have. We can look things up there.

The profile serves a different function. Ever since relays were added to the game, we could review other players' profile. It shows right at the "profile" tab that if the player is one of the founders or not. If they're not, why should the founder items be in the equipment tab?

It's really a small thing, but I think people have been arguing about something else. Hopefully that cleared things up about "hiding" things from people. Because this is not about that. Jesus, doesn't the post title say that too? "In Profile"

No, I knew exactly what the OP was stating and I disagree completely with the idea. I want it to remain visible everywhere. 

The players that are upset about this are utterly ridiculous. It doesn't matter if the exclusives, including founders' gear, are in the codex/profile or not. When a minority of crazy completionists whine for something, should it affect everyone else in the game?

The best thing to do would be the idea of tabs for showing Founders' Exclusives and Event Exclusives.

o' boy.

What would I expect joining one of these threads.

I'd shout my entire opinion across the board here, but that does not help the one. So to say it as it is, it is what it is. We all have these small OCD problems, do we need to change the entire for that reason? Better to just deal with it. 

EDIT:

Also for Mr. OP

You'r collectionist went out the window when you first joined the game. If you wanted to be one, you'd have to be here from day one. I think you should let go of that mate. Not to sound harsh, but that's how it is. 

Edited by Cpt_Atroxium

I'd rather it gone rather than spark fuel for people yelling begging and what not about them. Also likely for founders who were here at the start yet moved to console where they could not have their founder items transferred over.

I still say we need variants turning into model change options for their base items, if only to clear the clutter from the weapon list a bit.

That would be a compromise here, too--the items wouldn't exist in the Codex or Profile any more, but nobody who had them would lose them.

They'd just take a different form but still look like they should.