Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do You Even Shotgun, De?

Noh-Varr

What about Supra, Dera, Vandal versions and Opticor?

Okay, vandal is Nice to look at, i Aggree. but vandal is partly a custom paint-job so to say. and Supra. iunno, the Green light. alright some color. but otherwise it's black&White again.

what i wanna say is. i feel like the Default color of the Corpus weapons could be a bit more colorful on the hull. in terms of energy lights. then its sure colorful.

But i sure love to use those guns.

I'd love to see more shotguns but I really want a unified primary weapon modding system, with some mods exclusive to different types (such as having mods related to spread as shotgun-exclusive, like how Firestorm is launcher-exclusive). Add on special effects to compensate for damage falloff such as innate impact / blast proc on close-range hits or punch-through and you have yourself an army of shotgun-wielding Tenno.

But yeah, more shotguns please. Especially a pump-action that doesn't look stupid - I want a stockless Mossberg for rule of cool.

Aside from the balance. Honestly, this game has the worst shotguns of all. I understand that they want to be original at some point, but c'mon there's no need to try to reinvent the wheel as if you'll be able to come up with something better than humanity already did. 

srsly, why can't we have these babies in the tenno's arsenal, de?

batmanarkhamorigins_weapon_shotgun_explo

gearsofwar3_concept_shotgun.jpg

castlefolio-dot-com_heavy-shotgun-blaste

Watch and learn, de, watch and learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snRXmsMSPGs

Forget SG 1-3. Anything that small is almost uncontrollable, especially with 12 ga., and you don't aim with it, the cone spread won't allow you to. Also you'd have to change the animations, because to use such a weapon, you'd have to move the off hand to on top of the barrel to simulate keeping the muzzle rise down.

I'd be fine with PA SG and SG 5-8. Those are actual shotguns, based off of real world designs, especially SG5, that one seems like it would fit best in Warframe.

I wouldn't bother with the Sawed off in the middle either for the same reasons I outlined for Sg1-3.

The last one looks a bit unbalanced but could work for Warframe purposes.

It'd help your case if you'd say which shotgun(s) you disagree with, to be honest.

I think the Strum line of shotguns is OK. I like the HUGE ridiculous soda can-sized barrel. Carrying that thing around on you made you feel like a badass beast.

The Sobek is kinda "meh", the barrels look far too skinny to be shotgun barrels.

The Boar was always (IMO) LOL-worthy. Never did like that huge spinning drum in the middle of the gun, always thought it looked kinda gaudy.

Sobek is most likely a sub caliber shotgun round, much like a 20ga would be to a 12ga.

Boar is most likely around a 28ga or .410

Dat SG6.

It's a SPAS-12. I'd recognize one anywhere.

I'd kill for a gun that looks like a SPAS-12 in Warframe.

Anyway yes, a part from the Boar Prime and Hek, shotguns are a bit lackluster in this game.

Good eye, that is the SPAS-12, though funny enough, the correct pistol grip for it is actually on SG8.

I believe SG5 is based off of either the AA-12 or the USAS-12 ( I want to say it's the AA-12)

Aside from the balance. Honestly, this game has the worst shotguns of all. I understand that they want to be original at some point, but c'mon there's no need to try to reinvent the wheel as if you'll be able to come up with something better than humanity already did. 

srsly, why can't we have these babies in the tenno's arsenal, de?

batmanarkhamorigins_weapon_shotgun_explo

gearsofwar3_concept_shotgun.jpg

castlefolio-dot-com_heavy-shotgun-blaste

Watch and learn, de, watch and learn

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snRXmsMSPGs

Awesome post! We really need shotguns, ty man we cant get enouth post to get to DE ! They rarly listen and shotguns need love! They are weak, its a joke, looks S#&$ and ARE just plain bad. Im like woot everytime, Shotguns should do so MASSIV dmg upclose like nothing else. I mean, their tradeoff is already the distance scaling, so buff them to hell and back to heaven!

I have always wanted some weapons that are close to our reality. The thing with warframe is that they create weapons on behaf of the time warframe is set, and ofcourse the art style itself. But imagine a "human" looking shotgun, or even a AK-47 as an example. Those would not only look great, but I think a majority would prefer it. It might even draw new players into the game. 

Variety from epic space guns, to the old times when humans roamed the earth. We need to find those guns. 

It'd help your case if you'd say which shotgun(s) you disagree with, to be honest.

I think the Strum line of shotguns is OK. I like the HUGE ridiculous soda can-sized barrel. Carrying that thing around on you made you feel like a badass beast.

The Sobek is kinda "meh", the barrels look far too skinny to be shotgun barrels.

The Boar was always (IMO) LOL-worthy. Never did like that huge spinning drum in the middle of the gun, always thought it looked kinda gaudy.

The Sobek barrels are (somewhat) close to a real shotgun barrel thickness. The Strun looks uncomfortable.

Shotguns need to be the undisputed kings of short range before I will agitate for more of them.   As long as there is any discussion whatsoever whether the Boar Prime or the Boltor Prime owns 0-15 meters, shotguns have no purpose for existing in this game.   Shotgun fans love to hold up builds with max ROF mods and no endurance whatsoever, because as we know, this is a game where enemies come at you one at a time where max burst DPS is the key to victory.  (Sarcasm.)

As it is shotguns have less useful sustained damage than rifles, frequent clumsy reloading, a quarter of the ammo pickups and a tenth the effective range.  Some of them do well on the starmap because everything does well on the starmap. Kohm is the first shotgun that really brings short range superiority into focus, and it is ludicrously ammo-inefficient to achieve this.

Good eye, that is the SPAS-12, though funny enough, the correct pistol grip for it is actually on SG8.

I believe SG5 is based off of either the AA-12 or the USAS-12 ( I want to say it's the AA-12)

Most of these guns are inspired from real life, yeah.

If you look closely, the PA SG has some Mossberg 590 vibes to it, with the heat shield on the barrel.

The SG7 has been somewhat pulled off of an IMI Galil rifle, looking at the AK style receiver and large rectangular handguard.

Let's not forget the blatant Mosin Nagant pistol under SG8 too xD

The Sobek barrels are (somewhat) close to a real shotgun barrel thickness. The Strun looks uncomfortable.

You're right, the Strun's barrel would only spread out the shot much more. It's a ridiculous looking shotgun. Along with the regular Boar, which one can't even hold properly.