Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think I Finally Understand What It Means To Grind In Warframe.

Dromeos-Prime

I am a fairly casual player and I spent most of my 817 hours of playing leveling weapons, having fun and passively gaining every thing I need. I never really cared about Primes (I'm MR12 and I still don't have a single Prime item), so I never tried to get them. I mostly did Voids for either quick credits or Argon.

Then I decided to start the Limbo quest. (Since I'm more of a solo player I had a hard time doing the Excavs after 2 drills) After about a little less than a hundred Cambria runs I finally got the BP, after that I then started the Phobos one and right now I'm on my 20-30th run and I still haven't gotten it.

I hate you RNG, I hate you with every fiber of my being.

So my question is, is this an accurate representation of what Void farming feels like? If so I'll just save up some money and buy them for plat instead.

There's two ways to deal with grinding in the void. One, trudge along, bit by bit, relying on RNG to get your stuff (LOL!). Two, trudge along a little bit, sell junk for plats or for ducs to buy primed mods to sell for plats then buying what you want.

The first time I actually had to grind for gear is Nyx P chassis. Ran in jumping unto other people's games thinking I would get it by twenty five. Nope. So I decided to jump flash run them using a speed Rhino P and Soma. Sixty four keys later (and almost about to quit WF for good), I looked at my inventory and noticed the games granted me a ****load of stuff. Sold them each for around 5-10 plats, after five trades bought the parts.

Nova P chassis and Vasto P BP, I had to do the same thing all over again. Survival is probably the worst thing to grind though.

That grind is nothing compared to a new prime gear that gets released. It usually ends up on the most difficult keys to farm, or longest C rotations or just buried under lots of cores and formas.

Best way to grind less for prime parts is to wait the next batch of new ones, so that you may farm older ones and have a slightly better chances.
That or just powergrind it.

It took me over 40 runs of T3 ext to finally give up on Nyx prime chasis when she was released, i just bought it via trading.

Edited by Ognj

That grind is nothing compared to a new prime gear that gets released. It usually ends up on the most difficult keys to farm, or longest C rotations or just buried under lots of cores and formas.

Best way to grind less for prime parts is to wait the next batch of new ones, so that you may farm older ones and have a slightly better chances.

That or just powergrind it.

It took me over 40 runs of T3 ext to finally give up on Nyx prime chasis when she was released, i just bought it via trading.

I got like 5 Nyx P Chassis's while farming for Soma P stock xD