Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Pvp & How I Think To Make It Worthwhile/likeable

(PSN)kiddplay13

Well, if you saw my post on the other PvP thread, you'd see my suggestions. But now i will fully flesh out my ideas and suggestions based off of the complaints i saw in said thread.Sorry if somethings sound typed wrong, my head is just filling up with more ideas as i type this.

Procs: All elemental procs will be removed except Impact, Slash, and Puncture. (As they are the weapons Base Damage)

Weapons that you own will not matter as you will selected Arsenal of weapons available when you enter PvP. 

Mods: Now mods(Warframe and weapons) will be very similar to the Perks that you see in Call of Duty. You will only be able to choose 3 each, so choose wisely. Some mods will either be not available or capped in order to keep balance.

Powers: Power will be turned into a Score or Kill based unlock. Also, very similar to Call of Duty's Killstreaks. Now the powers will be completely untouched so you will only get the Base Damage of said powers. The number of Points/Kills will rise with the power that is wanted.

Example: Power 1 will require 2 Kills, Power 2 at 3 Kills, and so on.

Weapons: As mentioned above, you will have a select Arsenal to choose from to keep things in balance. Only 3 Weapons Mods can be attached and of course, some will be nerfed/not available.

Energy: Will be completely irrelevant since Powers will be based off of your Score/Kill streak.

Conclave: Your conclave number will no longer be based off your gear/mods and more of an probability based so that way you can get fairly matched with others of your caliber. You raise your conclave based off of how many matches you've won, and your own personal score.

Example: A person with 300 Conclave is a "Noob", while say someone with 1000 Conclave is "MLG"

PvP and PvE: Nothing from your PvE will carry over except some mods as PvP will be a completely different aspect. Now to balance this, every warframe in the game will be available to you when creating a loadout for PvP.

Game modes: We'll start off with the basic Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Domination. I'm sure DE will com up with some nice unique game modes to add.

Rewards: Your name will displayed on the PvP Player of the Week bulletin board in every Relay. There will be different Players depending on the game mode you excelled in.

Example: Team Deathmatch Player of the Week: John2343

Syndicates: Sigils and Syndicates will also play a part as each one can have a Weekly challenge and will rewards upon completion

Example:

Red Veil Weekly Challenge: Get 300 kills in Team Deathmatch this week to get an Orokin Catalyst Blueprint.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More to come as i revise and add more ideas. Leave your response down below, and tell me what you do and don't like!

Really mag only gets to use one of her best utility spells once till she dies again? You might want to rethink that section like have energy but still have them as unlocks for kill streaks still keeps it balanced

It's not supposed to be used over and over. Pull being used once is still very useful as it brings everyone to falls down. My way is to make you think of when and how to use your power to be most effective in PvP and not just mindlessly spam it like you would in PvE

Ok but giving energy still does this actually it is even more limiting do I want to use this energy just for one crush or use it for a few pulls

It's a killstreak, simple as that. If you want another Pull, you'll have to go through the cycle again(Get all power streaks). Then it will start to stockpile but as for Realocating energy just to mindlessly spam, i'd think it would get exploited quickly

Increase TTK to 10s or higher, balance.

But that would require energy to be reworked, instead of its current spammy state. Making Energy earned through combat rather than consumables and drops.

Read my Energy state to see my suggestion to that. We basically have the same idea going on. 

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

This is a concept, as it is a completely changed system, and not a change requested to existing aspects of a system.

You are basically suggesting a new gamemode (playmode?).

There's a section for this called PvP Feedback, my feedback was that the current one is terrible and here's how you'd fix it

^Directly taken from Letter13 himself

Edited by (PS4)kiddplay13

Well, if you saw my post on the other PvP thread, you'd see my suggestions. But now i will fully flesh out my ideas and suggestions based off of the complaints i saw in said thread.Sorry if somethings sound typed wrong, my head is just filling up with more ideas as i type this.

Procs: All elemental procs will be removed except Impact, Slash, and Puncture. (As they are the weapons Base Damage)

Weapons that you own will not matter as you will selected Arsenal of weapons available when you enter PvP. 

Mods: Now mods(Warframe and weapons) will be very similar to the Perks that you see in Call of Duty. You will only be able to choose 3 each, so choose wisely. Some mods will either be not available or capped in order to keep balance.

Powers: Power will be turned into a Score or Kill based unlock. Also, very similar to Call of Duty's Killstreaks. Now the powers will be completely untouched so you will only get the Base Damage of said powers. The number of Points/Kills will rise with the power that is wanted.

Example: Power 1 will require 2 Kills, Power 2 at 3 Kills, and so on.

Weapons: As mentioned above, you will have a select Arsenal to choose from to keep things in balance. Only 3 Weapons Mods can be attached and of course, some will be nerfed/not available.

Energy: Will be completely irrelevant since Powers will be based off of your Score/Kill streak.

Conclave: Your conclave number will no longer be based off your gear/mods and more of an probability based so that way you can get fairly matched with others of your caliber. You raise your conclave based off of how many matches you've won, and your own personal score.

Example: A person with 300 Conclave is a "Noob", while say someone with 1000 Conclave is "MLG"

PvP and PvE: Nothing from your PvE will carry over except some mods as PvP will be a completely different aspect. Now to balance this, every warframe in the game will be available to you when creating a loadout for PvP.

Game modes: We'll start off with the basic Team Deathmatch, Capture the Flag, and Domination. I'm sure DE will com up with some nice unique game modes to add.

Rewards: Your name will displayed on the PvP Player of the Week bulletin board in every Relay. There will be different Players depending on the game mode you excelled in.

Example: Team Deathmatch Player of the Week: John2343

Syndicates: Sigils and Syndicates will also play a part as each one can have a Weekly challenge and will rewards upon completion

Example:

Red Veil Weekly Challenge: Get 300 kills in Team Deathmatch this week to get an Orokin Catalyst Blueprint.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

More to come as i revise and add more ideas. Leave your response down below, and tell me what you do and don't like!

The only way that I believe would make balanced PvP(and make it enjoyable for me personally) is to make it a team deathmatch style game where one team is allowed to play as Corpus units and the opposite team the Grineer.

This could either be done with 4-8 player TF2 character class style or Battlefront style with large armies of bots with a few players mixed in to direct the fighting. Caps on any one unit class would be in place and parkour would be limited to capabilities of the Corpus and Grineer.