The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My Wish For A Content Fixing Update In The New Year

Separius

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure that you and the other 2 dozen edgy members of the Intruder Mod Fan Club will find some other mods to (gimp your warframes with) have fun with.

You sound like a whiny 12 year old xhild.

"Mooooom, I don't like this so no one else will like this. Get rid of it.

And if someone actually likes it get rid if it anyways because my opinion is worth more."

• A newly implemented port availability check now prevents users with bad router configurations / routers lacking proper uPnP from being hosts.

Pretty sure this is already in place. You wouldn't be able to connect to them in the first place if they had a bad router config or non-working uPnP. Since those things are required for a direct connection, and thus hosting.

You can tell when this happens because you won't be able to join their squad, let alone a game they're solo hosting.

Also I'd agree that there is no point in removing those underused mods. I'd rather see them be made useful than remove them. And they're not hurting anything by just existing as they are.

Edited by Ashnal

You sound like a whiny 12 year old xhild.

"Mooooom, I don't like this so no one else will like this. Get rid of it.

And if someone actually likes it get rid if it anyways because my opinion is worth more."

here is Graham's pyramid of disagreement and you just managed to score the lowest. Congratulations!

But anyway, back on topic, no, it's not just my own opinion. Just search around and I'm pretfy sure others will wanna get rid of bad mods, from the loot tables at least.

Also this whole "Crap is fine and I like it!" mentality is unhealthy.

Edited by Separius

Wow, never seen someone target me with that kind of edge. You practically ignored my post just for a little jab right there. Smooth.

K. I didn't know that responding is equivalent to ignoring.

I was clearly letting you know that this post is about desired content fixes and not new content. New content can wait till the old is fixed. Or at least that should be the case.

So, again: this topic is about desired fixes and not desired new content. Comprende? Hopefully. It's not exactly rocket science.

4/10 troll made me respond. Now you can quit off-topic and nonconstructive S#&$posting.

Edited by Separius

Also how's letting you know that this post is about desired content fixes and not new content? New content can wait till the old is fixed. Or at least that should be the case.

So, again: this topic is about desired fixes and not desired new content. Comprende? Hopefully. It's not exactly rocket science.

4/10 troll made me respond.

So me making a valid point is trolling, yet you making fun of me like the way you did isn't?

If they don't release content with every update, they'll lose players because they have nothing new to do. It's a simple fact that always happens in gaming. No new content = bored players that leave

Also how's letting you know that this post is about desired content fixes and not new content? New content can wait till the old is fixed. Or at least that should be the case.

4/10 troll made me respond.

1.) Taking large amounts of time to focus solely on fixes and avoiding generating new content does not fit into DE's development model, creatively and financially. This policy comes directly from DE and has been repeated numerous times. Therefore, having a large update that does NOT include new content in some weight is not something DE wants to pursue, because having a large update that is just about fixes is not ideal.

2.) You know what the funny thing is about new content? It often breaks the old content. So sitting down to fix everything, then rolling out a bunch of new content after all those fixes could potentially undo all of those fixes you just put out.

here is Graham's pyramid of disagreement and you just managed to score the lowest. Congratulations!

But anyway, back on topic, no, it's not just my own opinion. Just search around and I'm pretfy sure others will wanna get rid of bad mods, from the loot tables at least.

Also this whole "Crap is fine and I like it!" mentality is unhealthy.

So what if I scored "lowest" you scored namecalling and ad hominem by calling people who use "useless" mods edgy and ignoring their point that they have uses for these mods.

Back to topic: the mods you call useless Have uses in nieche builds

So me making a valid point is trolling, yet you making fun of me like the way you did isn't?

If they don't release content with every update, they'll lose players because they have nothing new to do. It's a simple fact that always happens in gaming. No new content = bored players that leave

I'm pretty sure it won't leave you emotionally scarred. Also, for the last time: topic is about cuurent content that needs fixing, not about new one that needs adding.

But if you insist. Broken + buggy current content = less new players wanting to keep playing. This is much worse for DE financially than no new content being added being moaned at by old players (that won't quot anyway because they are addicted).

1.) Taking large amounts of time to focus solely on fixes and avoiding generating new content does not fit into DE's development model, creatively and financially. This policy comes directly from DE and has been repeated numerous times. Therefore, having a large update that does NOT include new content in some weight is not something DE wants to pursue, because having a large update that is just about fixes is not ideal.

2.) You know what the funny thing is about new content? It often breaks the old content. So sitting down to fix everything, then rolling out a bunch of new content after all those fixes could potentially undo all of those fixes you just put out.

1.) Read the last part of what I just wrote to the other guy. Going only for keeping old players playing and not targetting getting new players to keep gaming is bad business practise.

2.) Hogwash. This makes you appear like you imply that any kind of fixes are pointless. I'm pretty sure your point of view's not thst nihilistic.

However, sure adding lots of fixes to new content updates is fine, as long as fixes do happen.

Also to people complaining about me demanding: useless mods to be removed, if I change that part to making them useful, would that make you happy?

Back to topic: the mods you call useless Have uses in nieche builds

Whatever m8, if you bring those into public games you reduce the overall efficiency of the team, no matter how skilled you are with your faster recharging stamina and increased hacking time mods.

Gonna change that part anyway, because the stubborn members of the Handspring Fanclub are giving me crap over it.

Edited by Separius

...which is literally how almost every major update works already. The list of fixes and changes is usually longer than the list of new content.

Yet stuff what people've been complaining about for many months remain unfixed. It's bloody upsetting.

Edited by Separius

Yet stuff what people've been complaining about remain unfixed.

Such as? Show me a bug that's at least 4 or 5 months old that hasn't been addressed at least once before.

Why would I say 'addressed at least once'? Because I willing to bet you that 90% of all bugs that have arise since the game's inception have been addressed before, but then broke again because of - you guessed it - new content.

Bloom effects issues? Fixed before (multiple times) - but still occur.

Ash's Bladestorm bugs? Fixed before (multiple times) - but still occur.

Matchmaking bugs? Fixed before (multiple times) - but still occur.

Those are just a few that come to mind. 

Such as? Show me a bug that's at least 4 or 5 months old that hasn't been addressed at least once before.

Why would I say 'addressed at least once'? Because I willing to bet you that 90% of all bugs that have arise since the game's inception have been addressed before, but then broke again because of - you guessed it - new content.

Bloom effects issues? Fixed before (multiple times) - but still occur.

Ash's Bladestorm bugs? Fixed before (multiple times) - but still occur.

Matchmaking bugs? Fixed before (multiple times) - but still occur.

Those are just a few that come to mind. 

Aren't those enough? Also just browse around the feedback and bug report forums, pretty sure you will come across some recurring complaints.

But this isn't the point. The point is that the things I mentioned in my original post are legit concerns, and DE shouldn't ignore them, because, maybe aside from the underused mods for some people, they reduce the overall fun factor of the game. So stop trying to trivialize whatever I say.

Edited by Separius

I guarantee DE isn't ignoring any issue, big or small, old or new. I can't say much beyond that. It's all a matter of priorities.

Good, then now we can go back to using this thread for what it was created and adding wishes for certain fixes to it, and maybe, just maybe DE will grant them. :^)

Edited by Separius

Separius, on 02 Jan 2015 - 09:59 AM, said:

Whatever m8, if you bring those into public games you reduce the overall efficiency of the team, no matter how skilled you are with your faster recharging stamina and increased hacking time mods.

Gonna change that part anyway, because the stubborn members of the Handspring Fanclub are giving me crap over it.

Erm... You do realise that fast-recharge mods for stamina are the best ones to use, right?

And Handspring increases your survivability at high levels, since you have less time in which you are defenceless.

Erm... You do realise that fast-recharge mods for stamina are the best ones to use, right?

And Handspring increases your survivability at high levels, since you have less time in which you are defenceless.

You're a bit late, I changed that part, I'm now asking for buffs for them.

But yeah I do realise. Implying that any of the stamina mods are good.

And why use a knockdown recovery mod when you can use a knockdown resist one for the same cost?

Do you have a wish from DE, regarding content? You can post it in this thread, friend! :^)

Separius, on 02 Jan 2015 - 1:29 PM, said:

You're a bit late, I changed that part, I'm now asking for buffs for them.

But yeah I do realise. Implying that any of the stamina mods are good.

And why use a knockdown recovery mod when you can use a knockdown resist one for the same cost?

Do you have a wish from DE, regarding content? You can post it in this thread, friend! :^)

Actually, Stamina recovery is worth putting on any build.

With knockdown recovery, you aren't rolling the dice when you get hit by a knockdown attack. With knockdown resist, you are.

As far as my wishes go, I haven't got many. The game runs pretty smoothly for me. What I really want is a Rapier, but that isn't the point of this thread.

Please, For the love of god

Urgent need of change

-Need a rework on Chat window!

Everything change since Open beta, Mission report window, Arsenal/equipment,inventory etc. window.

BUT Chat still remain IRC base and buggy as S#&$, PLEASE, Rework on it, I can go without a new prime or contents for 2-3 month. Social is one of the main aspect in Warframe with people recruiting and trading.