Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scrap Pressure Point?

Innocent_Flower

Very common

Very, very easy to max. 

Obligatory. 

False choice. 

Means very little to progression as it's so easy to max. 

Why not just scrap it and double the damage of melee weapons to compensate? 

almost the same would have been said for point blank. But you just had to prime it, didn't you? 

I almost feel like they are intentionally setting up tiers of play, to newbie, established, and a tier developing above that with the prime mods. 

I am perfectly fine with that idea overall, but player choice becomes limited as you advance these tiers. 

I'm just not sure how to fix that issue.

yep, same thoughts here

i am of the opinion that the core base dmg mods are bad for build variety and should be removed or reworked into several similar but different options, instead of just powercreeping them into higher and higher still 'required' false choices =/, but it seems that with prime point blank DE is not going in that direction sadly =[

i fully expect primed split chamber soon enough, but it remains to be seen if the already rank 10 base dmg mods like serration and hornet strike will get similar 'upgrades' (possible dbl % each rank? who knows)

i can totally see DE giving established players more grind, but at the same time, more powercreep is just going to again make it clear how little challenging content there is at the higher lvls of play, already we are vastly OP the the enemies, more primed mods is just going to make it more lopsided, unless enemies receive some pretty mega buffs in 2015 (and then again, that might hit the new players pretty hard =/, unless the scaling and/or units that appear at certain lvls is tweaked accordingly)

Edited by CY13ERPUNK

Very common

Very, very easy to max. 

Obligatory. 

False choice. 

Means very little to progression as it's so easy to max. 

Why not just scrap it and double the damage of melee weapons to compensate? 

almost the same would have been said for point blank. But you just had to prime it, didn't you? 

Why not just remove serration, point blank, hornet strike, pressure point and build them into weapons, but to unlock a full primary, secondary you need to forma it 1-2 times. Though in relation remove one mod slot from all weapons. There build in :')

Why not just remove serration, point blank, hornet strike, pressure point and build them into weapons, but to unlock a full primary, secondary you need to forma it 1-2 times. Though in relation remove one mod slot from all weapons. There build in :')

Most naysayers of Serration and co usually demand that they keep their slot. Which only FURTHER maximizes their weapon.

Yours make sense.

If we are to eliminate obligatory choices, we will need to remove the extra mod slot free up.

Otherwise people will just slot in bane, hammer shot etc whatever.

And what do those do ?

Buff DPS even moar !

Even fast hands does a good job for buffing your sustained DPS.

Edited by fatpig84

So? I still support scrapping it and the original AND removing a mod slot to make this a built in power up from using forma.

whats the point of removing it if you will remove the mod slot? I would agree if it was to free 1 mod slot for another sort of mod, but just removing it along with a mod slot = keeping it occupying that mod slot.

whats the point of removing it if you will remove the mod slot? I would agree if it was to free 1 mod slot for another sort of mod, but just removing it along with a mod slot = keeping it occupying that mod slot.

This.

If you remove the mod slot then people will still use the same mods in the remaining slots. You achieved nothing but further forcing them to not sacrifice damage for anything else. More false choices.

This.

If you remove the mod slot then people will still use the same mods in the remaining slots. You achieved nothing but further forcing them to not sacrifice damage for anything else. More false choices.

The point is simple.. No power creep while removing a 'mandatory' mod. It isn't false choice. Leaving the slot in just offers up another slot for another +60% damage or more mod.. Aka, increasing damage so  increasing DPS..

Lets say serration is removed.. Lets mod a gun then.. let see: Four elemental mods, heavy cal, multi shot, two event elements.. Make multi shot built in? Add in another event element or if the weapon favors a base damage, event base damage mod.. More slots = moar deeps.

Edited by Makya