Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Reset

Steemship

Will their be any incentives to resetting? Also, will we be able to keep our rank when we reset?

A case for why we should be able to keep our rank: Ranking up is a very long and tedious process that has no advantage past Rank 4. Allowing players to keep this Rank would encourage some (myself included) to partake in the reset since it would save a lot of time and make our Beta experience worth while with a lasting effect.

Would this be a nice bonus for the reset?

There is no reset. We will be offering a one-time optional reset for those that want (demand) it.

The optional reset will nuke everything expect platinum you bought, primes, exclusives, friends, guilds.

There will be no keep this and that and this etc...

There is no reset. We will be offering a one-time optional reset

I think he knows that much, though... He's talking about wanting a reason to reset, seemingly implying that there is a choice in the matter.

Edited by FatalX7

I think he knows that much, though... He's talking about wanting a reason to reset, seemingly implying that there is a choice in the matter.

So I have to read all the words and stuff? (Ugh I suck.) 

No real incentive to reset. Honestly I'd prefer if people didn't but I can understand why they want to (buyer's remorse or wanting a do-over). With the game growing, updating and changing as fast as it is, I'm worried people will always be begging for resets and at some point we'll have to say no. :(

Just be sure to make it clear this will be a limited, one time deal, and that doing it will wipe *everything*

(I know you have said it over and over, but some people are lazy and thick.)

I saw you guys joke about having a Captcha on the page for the Reset. You really SHOULD do that. Not kidding.

I'm sure you guys will sort it out though. :)

No real incentive to reset. Honestly I'd prefer if people didn't but I can understand why they want to (buyer's remorse or wanting a do-over). With the game growing, updating and changing as fast as it is, I'm worried people will always be begging for resets and at some point we'll have to say no. :(

I can understand not wanting people to do it, but looking at the threads and the questions regarding it, I don't think a whole lot of people will actually be willing to go through with it once it gets here.

I think most of the players who truly want the reset are of the older players who had expected a mandatory one in the first place, (me being one of them) but that's only what I've noticed in the times that I use the forum.

People are always going to beg for things, no matter how much time has passed. That's just the online gaming community, Steve. :<

I also understand that it's a pain in the &amp;#&#33; to set up the reset, as well... But I think I speak for pretty much everyone when I say I really appreciate the effort and time that all of you guys put in. A lot of us are mean and whiny, but you still listen to us.

I've played online games for years and I've never come across such an incredible staff. If I could, I would honestly buy a Grand Master package right now, just to make you feel better.

I'm going to support you and this game for as long as I can, because I think it's worth it.

And this is the end of my feels.

Edited by FatalX7

I love you guys, yes I will reset.

Few reasons:

1. wording needs a major look at. When you buy a frame or gun with plat it already has the cell active (had bought a bunch figuring I would need them for later)

2. Knowing I will get that reset I feel like trying out everything I can before then, and this will allow me to set aside plat to buy the new stuff you guys will add some day.

3.....I'd buy more plat, but there isn't much left to buy. At least nothing worth money to me at this time... D:

Do you think we could buy a reset with some platinum after the one time optional reset?

When the optional reset is released the number of the people that actually took it should be put out to see how many people actually did it.

And if it's tremendously low you could use that as excuse to NOT do it again.

I don't see why an excuse would be needed for not doing future resets really. I purchased the Master package with the assumption (read it in the FAQ I believe) that I would be getting everything back once the game went to open beta and whittled away my Platinum trying things out before this.

I don't see why anyone in the future would assume a reset would become available just because the game changed.

Obviously items, mods, rank etc. will be nuked if the reset is used but I think it would be cool to see some sort of symbol that shows you have used it. Maybe a small symbol that shows next to your name for those that participated in closed beta, one for those that participated in open beta, and another additional symbol for those that used the optional reset. Doesn't necessarily have to show in-game (maybe in the player status screen) but it could show on your profile or possibly on the leaderboards.

Edited by DanPaul7

The only reason people are demanding resets right now is because DE specifically told the Warframe community that such a reset would be provided at the end of closed beta. Some people, myself included, took the opportunity to experiment with platinum, with the understanding that such experimental use of platinum would only be temporary due to the promised reset.

Personally, I used my platinum to experiment with mods once the new mod system was released via booster packs (I didn't want to commit more time to grinding as I was waiting for the reset by that time and so anything I might have accomplished before the reset would be time wasted) in addition to experimenting with the recently released Glaive.

It's not that people are begging for resets for no reason, we only want this one reset because it was promised to us long ago, and so we spent our platinum with the understanding that we would get it back at the end of closed beta.

There is no reason to give resets outside of this single incidence in which the reset was promised to us by the DE staff. If people ask for them after this single one is provided, you shouldn't at ALL feel bad about saying "No."

I am one of the people who have been dying to receive the reset so I can get back into this game, but do not want to invest any time into the game until I am given the option to reset...and so, I wait patiently until it is offered as promised. I understand full well that DE is super busy with a lot of stuff with regard to the development of Warframe...I just hope the reset comes soon so I can start playing again :)

Edited by TheRealTuna

I feel conned on a few things which is why I feel the need to reset. We really need a trial system in this game to try out the

weapons and such. The reason why I want to reset is simply because of that. I don't know what I'm getting myself into. I'm pretty

much putting my money into a slot machine though that is a very bad comparison. Reason why I say that is because some

Warframes just feel... way too lack luster and not what I expected for my play style. For example Ash. I purchased him for 375.

Now after the reset will I be purchasing him again? No. Why? I didn't like his play style. The other thing is picking starting

characters. Some may have found Loki or Mag not to their palette but they want to keep the name they got. Those knida resets

I can probably see as too much vanity.

The other reason why I want a reset is because things have changed... a lot. What was once good then is now horrible now

and quite frankly I've had to dig myself out of a messy situation and I knida want to do it all again and have a clean slate. I know

everything of the current and now and wish to clean up and begin anew. That's why I want a reset.

You should consider too in the future about doing another Reset not because we're begging now but because I know in v8 v9

v10 and so on things will change significantly. Prices may change on Warframes, modding system might change again, combat

all together might change some crazy stuff like that and people like me who have gone so deep in the previous version you can

barely get out and go back. For instance when you add Story to this game I'd defiantly want to see a reset... I don't think I could

possibly go back to the start of things fully armed to the T and be able to enjoy Warframes story.

Edited by BakaGamer

I want a reset because I have made some mistakes with what i purchased with plat. I also put potatoes into frames and weapons that I ended up not liking, or that got nerfed or were horrible.

Plus i now know what to avoid and what to craft with credits vs plat. I also rushed alot of things and it wasn't really worth it.

We will be offering a one-time optional reset for those that want (demand) it.

I don't believe the community is demanding a reset as much as asking when the assured (closed to open beta) optional reset will happen.

I imagine there has been a massive influx of new players and the amount of people from closed beta that would like the reset looks minimal that it probably isn't a high priority anymore.

It also is beginning to feel the longer we go without the optional reset there is some slight resentment building from both the players and DE around it.

I feel conned on a few things which is why I feel the need to reset.

Yeah, it be nice to have a testing grounds in the Tower to try out frames and weapons, hey it may be an item on a very long "to do" list.

Edited by Lek5tacy

There is no reset. We will be offering a one-time optional reset for those that want (demand) it.

Seriously? @(*()$ seriously?

I'm all for being patient and understanding about waiting for a reset, but this grinds my gears. Steve, we (closed beta testers) were told there was going to be a MANDATORY reset when we first starting beta testing Warframe. We spent our platinum because we were advised that we should be testing the system, weapons, etc. We did, happily, and now you are making it sound like this reset is a @(*()$ chore to you. All we want is what was originally promised to us, by you. Have a bit of @(*()$ respect for your beta testers. I've lost a lot of it for you.

Edited by asdfjkllolwat

I'm all for being patient and understanding about waiting for a reset, but this grinds my gears. Steve, we (closed beta testers) were told there was going to be a MANDATORY reset when we first starting beta testing Warframe. We spent our platinum because we were advised that we should be testing the system, weapons, etc. We did, happily, and now you are making it sound like this reset is a @(*()$ chore to you. All we want is what was originally promised to us, by you. Have a bit of @(*()$ respect for your beta testers. I've lost a lot of it for you.

In all fairness, I can understand why Steve, and the DE staff is a little frustrated with players "demanding" a reset. The majority of the player base are impatient, whiny individuals who need everything to be given to them as of yesterday. The glaive thread is just one example of this... rather than being thankful that they made the decision to allow every player to eventually build one without investing anything into the game other than time, players just want to complain about how DE is forsaking them simply because they can't build each new weapon introduced within 24 hours of a new release. If I were Steve, or someone else on DE, I'd be a little bitter reading through so many complaints daily as well.

That being said, I do understand the views of the older testers and their interpretation of why the reset is long overdue as well. My hope is that the DE staff realizes that the solution to all of this is to just provide a clear timeline as to when the option will be released rather than just skirting the issue with each and every patch. It's almost like providing anything concrete about it is a taboo subject for whatever reasons.

DE has always been amazingly quick at addressing the majority of users concerns which actually works against them in this case because the longer they skirt around the issue, the more bitterness it's obviously going to bring to the older testers who feel they've contributed a lot to the testing and development of the game itself.

Lol this man speaks the truth...