Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Mesa Worth Buying?

S0ulre4per

Question

Hi.

Same question.

I posted it here because proframers would explain why shoud and why should i not buy her.

what are the best mods for her, what primary should i use and that stuff... (i know that she is a gun frame)

im sick and tired of coordinate grindfest so i want to buy her but i really need to know if she is worth it

(the 325 plat version)

11 answers to this question

well, if u don't like the grind then go for it......she's totally worth it, and she's pretty much one of the best defensive frames out there 

you can use any weapon with her really, and as for modding, here's my build for her, it works really well:

intensify, blind rage R3, transient fortitude, fleeting expertise, streamline, narrow minded R5-6, primed continuity, primed flow 

EDIT: and you can't trade her parts, only prime parts are trade-able, and again, she's pretty much the most RNG based frame out there, so f you really want her and don't want to wait a really really long time for her, I suggest buying 

Edited by Kenshin98

Well, for actual facts, the wiki should serve you well.

I did buy her on the first day, and she was the first frame I bought on the shop, I just wanted to try her as fast as I could, so I bought her (I still get coordinates and make keys despite having her). For me, she was worth every single plat spent on her (I had plenty to spend anyway). I've been using her pretty much every day since the release, and I go solo T4 survival for 20 minutes quite often with her.

About the mods, I use a duration build with a slot that changes according to my team (or if I even have one). If I'm on solo or with a random team, I run Equilibrium or some other defence mod, because I don't like to rely on melee to get HP back with her.

If I'm with a decent team, I change that slot to Transient Fortitude. I still get plenty of duration and get extra strength for peacemaker.

The reason I do this is because I don't spam Peacemaker, and mostly only use it to clear a room filled with drones and the like really fast. On a Team some times they want me to spam Peacemaker, so the strength helps a little.

I do have an Intensify mod at all times, because that mod alone puts Shatter Shield on the 95% damage reduction cap.

Not using Blind Rage also makes it so I can spam my abilities, which I do (aside of peacemaker).

I've seen Mesa's with strength builds that only spam Peacemaker claiming that Shatter Shield sucks, little did they know that the reason why they die and my Mesa rarely does, is because I'm always using Shatter Shield, and without it they die in a couple of hits in the face (which will happen on T4).

And I feel like I'm one of the only people that doesn't run flow on her? Well, since I'm not using Peacemaker as much which makes it so I don't use as much strength (which can mean less efficiency), I rarely run out of energy with her. I only do if I can't find the parasitic eximus fast enough or when my team wants me to spam Peacemaker (which they should bring Triny if they want me to).

Though, if you do have the possibility to grind her parts, I'd still tell you to do that. But if you have tons of plat, and more than you need for slots, I don't see why not.

If you want her for wrecking low-level enemy hordes or her good survivability, yes. Just so you know she no longer has ANY of the bonuses she had on release, and her Peacemakers (ultimate skill where she used her Regulator pistols with aimbot to shoot at everything within 50m range) damage really falls off late unless you have some frame with one of the augments that boosts damage (like adding an element, or Mirages AoE Eclipse or what's it called).

She is really fun, but buying frames with plat in general really isn't worth it. Try getting her the normal way - maybe you'll end up lucky like me and get all parts in a total of 3 runs?