The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Formorians Are Sentient Reverse Engineering

GunDownGrace

EDIT: new thought,i remember during the archwing quest line,when the formorian showed up,something about "im detecting a MASSIVE void signature",this leads me to think that the formorians are capable of traveling in the void,or atleast hiding themselves there...looking into the future we can expect formorian related void activitys

I think that's just rail transit.

The Solar Rails jump you through the void somehow to get ships from place to place, and we know the Grineer and Corpus have commandeered them.

not sure i understand you...but fair enough...if you mean to imply "creepiness,with a touch of foreboding" then i agree

both those things keep on referencing "a great,singular eye" and "heat"

then i remember mirage`s hidden messages quest line,it mentions about the sentients,and the great multifaceted eye obliterating mirage with heat

Yeah, I'm not convinced. What I gather is that both Grineer and Sentients use giant lasers and Fomorians are named "eyes" which Sentients have. Making connections with evidence that scarce is outright truther territory.

As for Grineer pulling energy weapons out of their low-holes, any sabotage mission on asteroid tileset is about stopping them developing those. And as Nukor and Kohm prove, we failed.

Edited by Prany

I think that's just rail transit.

The Solar Rails jump you through the void somehow to get ships from place to place, and we know the Grineer and Corpus have commandeered them.

Isnt it Hyperspace, instead of Void?

Last time the Corpus where in the Void (Arid Fear), the ships were in a constant Void Storm, while in the Orokin Towers we dont even feel them. Who knows what could have happened to the Corpus inside the ship if they stayed for an extended period of time?

The Grineer just made an energy weapon (We didnt destroy enough Mining Equipment, Tenno!), the Fomorian Laser is just a large scale Gammacor to me.

laser is as laser does...but think about this

the grineer are supposed to be perimitive,technologically speaking,compared to corpus...

how then i ask you can the grineer,in game lore time (mind you i know of the previous formorian related stuff) flick a switch and come up with the ultimate weapon that the corpus have no hope against?

its mind boggling to me,as im sure it should be to you,how essentially (to use analogy) the grineer went from using stone axes to using an unstoppable world ending destroyer in space within a heartbeat basically?

Well, the Grineer Sabotage missions suggest they HAVE been researching energy weapons, and then the presence of the Nukor suggests they were making progress in that regard despite our efforts.

I don't see it as unreasonable - especially now we already HAVE laser tech they could have stolen from the Corpus to help push them along (which, given their victory in Gradivus...) - to consider that Vay Hek thought CONSIDERABLE influence into getting this technology developed for his Fomorians - and once you've done it once, you can do it again.

laser is as laser does...but think about this

the grineer are supposed to be perimitive,technologically speaking,compared to corpus...

how then i ask you can the grineer,in game lore time (mind you i know of the previous formorian related stuff) flick a switch and come up with the ultimate weapon that the corpus have no hope against?

its mind boggling to me,as im sure it should be to you,how essentially (to use analogy) the grineer went from using stone axes to using an unstoppable world ending destroyer in space within a heartbeat basically?

Actually, this is an interesting thought.

The Grineer have been building up to laser technology for a while now.

Cutting lasers on Ceres, which have a very similar appearance to Fomorian lasers. The Nukor and the Kohm, both of which are psuedo-directed energy weapons. The Grineer sabotage missions, which state that we're running them to slow down Grineer energy weapon development. 

Isnt it Hyperspace, instead of Void?

Last time the Corpus where in the Void (Arid Fear), the ships were in a constant Void Storm, while in the Orokin Towers we dont even feel them. Who knows what could have happened to the Corpus inside the ship if they stayed for an extended period of time?

The Grineer just made an energy weapon (We didnt destroy enough Mining Equipment, Tenno!), the Fomorian Laser is just a large scale Gammacor to me.

I was under the impression the void travel involved in using a relay was very quick. It's called "punch" because it punches through the void and out somewhere else. The Corpus ships in Arid Fear jumped into the void and stayed there, which was why they were experiencing the constant Void Storms. And the Orokin Towers are obviously shielded somehow. 

Also, isn't the Gammacor a Tenno weapon?

Edited by vaugahn

at first i thought the gammacore might be tenno...but then i fixated on afew things

its codex says about it being designed to quickly vaporize minerals for content analysis...last i heard,tenno werent too interested in mining,of course the argument could be made for this,but generally the energy weapon mining stuff has been the corpus`s job,I.E. the quanta

it doesnt look in any way like a tenno weapon,the tenno weapons from the tenno lab in the dojo look like more advanced version of old earth weapons basically

cephalon suda offers the synoid gammacor,and last i heard cephy wasnt a tenno

I'm pretty sure it's tenno.

Going by the style guide they showed in the art devstream, it fits all the tenno design cues. It's way too advanced to be Grineer, and it's definitely not Corpus. 

The description also confirms my suspicion that the tenno have "support staff", scientists and engineers and mechanics and all that who work for the lotus and do various jobs to support the tenno. I mean, someone has to maintain those dojos.

I'm pretty sure it's tenno.

Going by the style guide they showed in the art devstream, it fits all the tenno design cues. It's way too advanced to be Grineer, and it's definitely not Corpus. 

The description also confirms my suspicion that the tenno have "support staff", scientists and engineers and mechanics and all that who work for the lotus and do various jobs to support the tenno. I mean, someone has to maintain those dojos.

Keep in mind though, DE_Kary discussed in the DC that the Gammacor, among other pieces, did not retain it's original visual intent and was a 'failed concept' from an art standpoint. This could very well have contributed to the Gammacor's end result as far as faction association is concerned.

All I'm trying to say is that it has gone through some development bumps and using it as evidence to support ANY theory is probably not wise nor effective.

Keep in mind though, DE_Kary discussed in the DC that the Gammacor, among other pieces, did not retain it's original visual intent and was a 'failed concept' from an art standpoint. This could very well have contributed to the Gammacor's end result as far as faction association is concerned.

All I'm trying to say is that it has gone through some development bumps and using it as evidence to support ANY theory is probably not wise nor effective.

This actually saddens me. This means that we're probably not going to see any visual style like the Gammacor in the future, will we?

I actually like the weapon because it has a unique style

True, true. However of all the factions, it appears to be closest to the tenno. And like I mentioned, they could just run with it and use its odd design to expand the lore. 

What other pieces fell into that "failed concept" category? I'm assuming since they're released now you're allowed to discuss them, and I'm interested to know. 

This actually saddens me. This means that we're probably not going to see any visual style like the Gammacor in the future, will we?

I actually like the weapon because it has a unique style

fret not...i doubt DE is going to waste a great oppurtunity like the gammacor

also "the failed concept" line could be merely expressing frustration on the creators part,that it didnt come out the way they wanted,DE staff are still human ya know

feel free to make your own assumptions,or toss mine out the window,i only ask that you take a moment and hear me out

i was thinking about the formorians,reading up on the celtic mythos behind "balor"

both those things keep on referencing "a great,singular eye" and "heat"

then i remember mirage`s hidden messages quest line,it mentions about the sentients,and the great multifaceted eye obliterating mirage with heat

i can thus make the assumption that somehow the grineer came across or aquired sentient technology and reverse engineered it,or simply grafted it on

thoughts?discuss,keep it civil and such

EDIT: new thought,i remember during the archwing quest line,when the formorian showed up,something about "im detecting a MASSIVE void signature",this leads me to think that the formorians are capable of traveling in the void,or atleast hiding themselves there...looking into the future we can expect formorian related void activitys

It would make sense if it was retrofitted sentient technology because if you look at a balor you will notice all its weapons take on the appearance of multiple eyes, one giant one in the middle and two on the left and two on the right. it also corresponds with mirages quest line which like you said says someone about eyes and heat, sound familiar? the weapons on the balors look like eyes and fire intense beams of heat related energy. And the fact that they have a void signature is more puzzling and raises more questions.