Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Moving On...to Warframe !

Hedi2222

Hello everyone !
I have been into MMOs for 3 years , played alot of games but got addicted to world of tanks 2 years ago , and now , after getting introduced to warframe , my addiction to that game is fading.

I'm also a forum member of alot of videogame forums and know the basics , and so , Hello warframe community !

Please inform me of anything i need to know in advance , as i dont want to be shocked while derping in the forums

Also , the forum is kind of slow for me

Another thing , i have heard from alot of sources that DE , the game dev , are the best devs around when it comes to hearing its players , is it true ?

Welcome, Tenno.

Here's a handbook, use it wisely: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME_Wiki

PS

Yeah, DE listens (if you shout loud enough).

PS2

Save your starting plat for warframe/weapon slots.

I appreciate it ! already bought a warframe slot , but the 30 left dont look enough to get enough weapon slots which set me off while looking into inventory earlier today .

You can eventually start trading with other players.

BOUGHT platinum is tradable

Or you can get lucky and grab a 50 or 75% off platinum discount from a login reward.

Or you can sell your unused gear. Just make sure to level it to 30 first, to increase your mastery rank.

PS

Confused about any of the above terms? That's what the handbook is for.

Godspeed, Tenno.

You can eventually start trading with other players.

BOUGHT platinum is tradable

Or you can get lucky and grab a 50 or 75% off platinum discount from a login reward.

Or you can sell your unused gear. Just make sure to level it to 30 first, to increase your mastery rank.

PS

Confused about any of the above terms? That's what the handbook is for.

Godspeed, Tenno.

Well ,i cant buy anything on the internet , thats that

Just got my mk1-paris and skana to level 30 and i dont know whats next actually

i'm checking the handbook now !

if you need any help feel free to add me in game :D

same as my forum name btw.

Will do mate ! thx alot , i'm really in need of friends in-game

You can obtain platinum fairly easy through trading. Here's a quick guide: http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/WARFRAME

I heard so , i already randomly poped into the trading and said : WTS loki prime BP and immediatly someone PM-ed me , i shud realy sell it when i reach rank 2

they have selective hearing.

Well isnt that a shame

Please inform me of anything i need to know in advance , as i dont want to be shocked while derping in the forums

1) Mastery Rank = leveling gear for the first time. Each item you level gains you some and when you've earned enough you'll be promted to take a test to go up a rank.

2) Mods = POWER. Not guns, not frames. Forma, reactors and catalysts (potatoes) increase the strength of what you put them on by allowing you to add more mods.

3) The community has two problems on the boards that you will want to know about in advance:

3a) Whenever you ask about what's good or bad, there is a strong tendency to use level ranges encountered only after very long durations on endless mission types that start at max level as a benchmark for strength.

For 99% of the game this is totally bonkers and extreme overkill. You do not need some mega super maxed out DPS build for anything. Focus on hitting your damage goals with as little investement as possible so that you can add on utility that translates into damage or defense, such as enemy radar which will prevent damage as you see things spawn behind you and show up on your mini-map, or add DPS as you line up targets or place AoE skills.

3b) Everything and anything is "GRINDING".

The game is designed to throw LOTS AND LOTS of progress at you all the time. Resources, mods, XP, progression across the star chart, quests, weapon and frame parts, invaders with their own drops, syndicate rep, hidden containers with boosts, void keys, area-specific drops like beacons, rewards found only on certain mission types, battle pay for doing invasions or infestations, alerts with special rewards, events with special rewards etc etc etc...

The community has a problem where it tunnel visions on just ONE reward at a time and tries to go get it, to the detriment of all others. This will make the game feel grindy and burn you out very quickly. Keep your eye on lots of prizes at once and do many things at once. If you need XP, resources, and void parts. go farm the void keys to find the parts on a node where you can gain XP and where the resources you need drop. Don't just sit there farming some node you don't need anything from or that isn't fun just because it's the best for one goal. You will burn out and that's no fun. Go somewhere that you can make progress on multiple things or take breaks as you need to. The community is grindy, not the game.

Also, don't be afraid to use the trade system to earn plat from other players, or to get what you need from the market/trade. Your options for pursuing any given goal can expand greatly if you are willing to persue earning platinum instead, to then trade for what you want and get it from another player.

Another thing , i have heard from alot of sources that DE , the game dev , are the best devs around when it comes to hearing its players , is it true ?

Very much so. They don't get a lot of credit for it from the community though. They often make changes based on common suggestions and requests, and then get flamed out for not meeting entirely different requirements.

We complained about lack of reasons to explore the void, having way too many of rare resources, and not liking the rarity of other resources. They put in a new resource found by exploring the void which decays and disappears from your inventory, so you have to go get it when you need it and can't stockpile it. They were flamed out for adding "grind" to making weapons by some. :/

Edited by VKhaun

Hi ¥.¥

If you need a lot of help...

And if you don't have a Clan yet...

I can assure you this Clan can help anywhere really ;)

DE WILL LISTEN soon™

Good thing about my start is i immediatly met a guy who :1) helped me kill vor

2) told me what to do next and explained unlocking planets

3) asked me if i needed any more help with any missions

4)invited me into his clan

5) took me with him into the void and i easily got alot of the stuff i needed

6) waiting for me to get to rank 2 so he'll give me the latron prime

1) Mastery Rank = leveling gear for the first time. Each item you level gains you some and when you've earned enough you'll be promted to take a test to go up a rank.

2) Mods = POWER. Not guns, not frames. Forma, reactors and catalysts (potatoes) increase the strength of what you put them on by allowing you to add more mods.

3) The community has two problems on the boards that you will want to know about in advance:

3a) Whenever you ask about what's good or bad, there is a strong tendency to use level ranges encountered only after very long durations on endless mission types that start at max level as a benchmark for strength.

For 99% of the game this is totally bonkers and extreme overkill. You do not need some mega super maxed out DPS build for anything. Focus on hitting your damage goals with as little investement as possible so that you can add on utility that translates into damage or defense, such as enemy radar which will prevent damage as you see things spawn behind you and show up on your mini-map, or add DPS as you line up targets or place AoE skills.

3b) Everything and anything is "GRINDING".

The game is designed to throw LOTS AND LOTS of progress at you all the time. Resources, mods, XP, progression across the star chart, quests, weapon and frame parts, invaders with their own drops, syndicate rep, hidden containers with boosts, void keys, area-specific drops like beacons, rewards found only on certain mission types, battle pay for doing invasions or infestations, alerts with special rewards, events with special rewards etc etc etc...

The community has a problem where it tunnel visions on just ONE reward at a time and tries to go get it, to the detriment of all others. This will make the game feel grindy and burn you out very quickly. Keep your eye on lots of prizes at once and do many things at once. If you need XP, resources, and void parts. go farm the void keys to find the parts on a node where you can gain XP and where the resources you need drop. Don't just sit there farming some node you don't need anything from or that isn't fun just because it's the best for one goal. You will burn out and that's no fun. Go somewhere that you can make progress on multiple things or take breaks as you need to. The community is grindy, not the game.

Also, don't be afraid to use the trade system to earn plat from other players, or to get what you need from the market/trade. Your options for pursuing any given goal can expand greatly if you are willing to persue earning platinum instead, to then trade for what you want and get it from another player.

Very much so. They don't get a lot of credit for it from the community though. They often make changes based on common suggestions and requests, and then get flamed out for not meeting entirely different requirements.

We complained about lack of reasons to explore the void, having way too many of rare resources, and not liking the rarity of other resources. They put in a new resource found by exploring the void which decays and disappears from your inventory, so you have to go get it when you need it and can't stockpile it. They were flamed out for adding "grind" to making weapons by some. :/

This awsner here explained basically most of the points i needed to know ! thanks alot !

Good thing about my start is i immediatly met a guy who :1) helped me kill vor

2) told me what to do next and explained unlocking planets

3) asked me if i needed any more help with any missions

4)invited me into his clan

5) took me with him into the void and i easily got alot of the stuff i needed

6) waiting for me to get to rank 2 so he'll give me the latron prime -snip-

And , this why Terminus is the best node out there. Edited by okinolas