Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Am Not Pleased How Excalibur Become A Press 4 Frame Only

Absens

There are plenty of problems with Excalibur especially his skill set

Slash dash: doesn't scale with damage/only use is mobility/damage is small/no cc/can be damaged while using slash dash. Out classes by rhino charge and tidal surge

Super jump: out classes by tailwind and air strikes which all frames can do. You can't use ability while in the air for a certain time, it's mobility goes up only. It's another mobility which wastes a skill slot. Radial blind will beat this ability. It's stun and invisibility are so lackluster it's one of the worst skills in the game when even parkour can do better at times while also being outclassed by dive bomb. Even obstructed by situations meaning areas you can't jump.

Radial blind now has so many problems

First is that it's Los which is a bad mechanic in a fast paced game. Los only works sometimes meaning I have to blind about 2-3 times to just revive someone because people have just come round a corner or come round a little box. Then the problem when you can see an enemy but they don't get blinded because ther under you or above even though there shooting at you. Moas can still shoot while blinded and grenades can be thrown to kill you still. Then the problem with large groups some enemies still don't get blinded. It's cc has no damage so it's less useful than some cc's that are so much better rhino stomp/chaos. Range mods should not effect this then since it should just blind all targets in sight.

Main problem is that light can reflective or go over and past objects meaning if a grinier was behind a box or round a corner they would still see the light so they should get blinded unless it's a totally isolated area where the door is shut then they won't get blinded

Radial javelin while it has no limited numbers now it's damage is still to small to deal gd damage and the cc is so bad because the stun lasts while your casting and leaves a two second stun to just run away. The casting animation is still to long and your still vulnerable during the cast.

A balanced frame should have

1 mobility/buff

1 defense

1 cc

1 damage

Not 2 mobility no defense a lackluster cc and a rubbish nuke that causes farming just because it has a huge range

He's meant to be a melee frame yet I can't get into melee range without being damage by range units or other problems. The shatter shield from Mesa that has damage reduction would fit Excalibur so much better.

as it were the 2 only real usefull skills Excalibur has, and 1 has been completely nerfed to the point it is useless... I agree, who even uses the super jump or the slash dash? 

I am not pleased at how people forget the utility in his other abilities.

With a mobility build, super jump, slash dash and Radial Blind become extremely useful. Blind Rage for height and damage, Prime continuity for Duration and speed (Slash Dash with prime continuity travels about 40-50 meters, quicker than most copters. Narrow Minded outshines all of them unless you copter and directional melee right after.) The Duration makes Radial Blind last for 22 seconds. The Speed makes you perfect for Interceptions, as you can travel between points to revive teammates and recapture.

Those who use Excalibur as only a Radial Javelin Spammer are missing out on Excalibur's better, long term uses. Especially since all damage abilities tend to fall off in late game, but utility does not in most cases. Radial Blind still does because even though enemies cannot see you, they can hit you with a grenade.

Let me repeat that. Even though enemies cannot see you, they can still lead a grenade to hit and kill you.

I almost exclusively use Excalibur and I rarely use radial javelin. I do pretty good at high content and I generally have a balanced build adding surging dash to get the combo up as I do mostly melee. So I use 1,2,and 3 mostly. With that said, Excalibur still needs some tweaks. Heck the melee combo counter needs tweaks (like a bleed off or longer clock). He was designed for mobility and offense (and supposed to b a sword frame). He SHOULD have a much higher stamina rating with the way melee and blocking are affected by it. A little more health and armor would help too but I won't beg if I get the stamina.

As far a his abilities I had some ideas and hear some good ones also. For blind, blinding fury: Excalibur no longer produces a blinding light by becomes a blinding light. So reduce his range but make anyone who looks at his brilliant light become blinded and disoriented. So u may have a range of 15 m with the same or even less duration.

For super jump, super jump/charge. Tap the button and superjump. Hold the button down and go into supercharge mode for 65 energy. Giving Excalibur unlimited stamina, no channelling cost, and 5/10/15/20% (fixed) melee speed increase for 5/6/7/8 seconds (affected by duration mods).

Let me repeat that. Even though enemies cannot see you, they can still lead a grenade to hit and kill you.

I never understood peoples' problems with grenades.  They'll only ever hit you if you camp in one spot for a while.  They are also [weakly] telegraphed.  It would be nice if there was a more noticable indication that one is being thrown. 

I never understood peoples' problems with grenades.  They'll only ever hit you if you camp in one spot for a while.  They are also [weakly] telegraphed.  It would be nice if there was a more noticable indication that one is being thrown. 

I have a problem with it because it hits me all the time through cover and while moving.

Build him for Duration.

Find yourself overwhelmed? Super Jump to higher ground, or Slash Dash to cover. Easy.

Excal NEVER has been a "press 4 to win frame" at any given point. People simply don't know how to use him to his fullest.

Why not complain about Ash? You NEVER see any Ash player doing ANYTHING that does not involve Bladestorming the entire map.

Why should I build him for duration when I can just nuke everything before even thinking about getting overwhelmed? People are starting to treat this game like a job and find the easiest way to farm materials, credits, and XP. I am a full time Ash player and I use all of my abilities because I find it fun, but someone who spams Bladestorm would get by easier than me. I feel like our precious mod system is to blame for all this press4towin garbage.