Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Combo Counter

Arunafeltz

Simple idea. The combo counter that climbs with the number of melee hits you land consecutively will vanish after 4 seconds of failing to catch that $&*&*#(%& Crewman kiting you with his Dera to continue the chain. Momentum shouldn't end so abruptly, it feels like it's hindering the melee combat experience. Instead, I'd like to suggest a decaying system for the combo counter, where the number of hits on the combo is reduced by one quarter after 4 seconds have passed, then continues at a rate of one quarter for every 2 seconds after that. This means that it'd take 10 seconds to COMPLETELY lose your accumulated hits but being slow is still punishing damage output.

Sounds like a good system to me. You often need more than 4 seconds to move to the next room's first enemy (depending on the tileset you're on). This decaying system would allow us to keep at least a little multiplier going for melee (only) runs.

Bumping this to gather more input. Doesn't anyone else find the current system of completely disappearing lame, perhaps even detrimental to melee gameplay? If it's supposed to speed it up and keep us on our toes, I actually feel it's slowing down cause we're constantly having to rack up the hits over and over again.

Edited by Arunafeltz