Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploits

-CdG-Jet

Exploits, as anything else, are part of the game. Extremely dedicated clans spend hours researching every specific method, making endless calculations and play a game of trial and error for days to find these exploits. We are NINJAS, do you not think ninjas would do absolutely anything to have a successful mission. Some of us went ahead and surpassed our [Game] Masters(DE) expectations. The top clans which are always on the leader board found the exploit, which they already dedicated days to find, and dedicated days to have everyone achieve said exploit and get their High Score. If that is not dedication, and top tier play right there I don't know what is. These clans didn't get their scores by watching from the sidelines, they made it happen by discovering creative ways to achieve a top score.Instead of talking about a screw-up DE should embrace this ingenuity and applaud it. Anybody can go to the mission and shoot the core randomly and get a certain amount of points, but only those truly dedicated will achieve game-breaking scores. Good job DE, you just severely punished the smart, witty, competitive, dedicated and loyal members of your game.

Anything made equal is not, and never will be an advantage. 

Please acknowledge that exploits are not easy to find, and take much more precision, dedication, strategy and/or wit to develop and use than the point and shoot strategies DE intended us to use. If you had the qualities needed to create an exploit and win, then you would surely have the qualities to win regardless.

In my opinion DE, exploits are and always will be unavoidable, not unlike death. There is no need to attack these problems or face them head on, it's just a matter of embracing them.

PS.- Please make changes in scores or announce that players have to use an alternate means of high scoring before the end of the event to allow DEDICATED, TOP TIER clans to win as they should.

(Eyes of Blight)

Erm...No.

We shouldn't be embracing problems within the game. Not in the slightest, I have no idea where you think embracing illegitimate means to bypass a game is a good thing.

I suppose we should embrace this exploit right here in Dark Souls 2:

Because you know, bypassing what should take you hours to get to is a matter of "wit and intelligence". 

I expected this thread.

I also expect it to devolve into a flame war and be locked.

I have not much to say, beyond the fact that the event's scoring was ridiculous from the start and lend itself to such issues. Hopefully DE will come with a less troublesome way of scoring for the next event.

Erm...No.

We shouldn't be embracing problems within the game. Not in the slightest, I have no idea where you think embracing illegitimate means to bypass a game is a good thing.

I suppose we should embrace this exploit right here in Dark Souls 2:

Because you know, bypassing what should take you hours to get to is a matter of "wit and intelligence". 

I agree they should be fixed, but we shouldn't have to pay the price for DE screwing up. They need to take it as a learning experience instead of punishing the ones who dedicated ridiculous amounts of time to this event to get the perfect score.

I am very curious to read about the new way DE calculated the new leaderboard scores.

Especially the part about which exploits were legit and which wasn't. I highly doubt the 999,971,648 TOP score was without using any exploit...

This is the primary reason as to why I made this post. How can they really be certain of such a thing? If I were to go for a score right under the 1,000,000,000 mark with the exploit and would it be legit then?

This is the primary reason as to why I made this post. How can they really be certain of such a thing? If I were to go for a score right under the 1,000,000,000 mark with the exploit and would it be legit then?

It's called "game logs". DE will know exactly "what you did" and if you did something you were not meant to.

I had someone of Facebook that kept sending "come play my game" requests FOR EVERY SINGLE GAME they ever found. One day they sent me one too many, so I went looking for Flash hacks for said game, and only ran the hack long enough to beat their score by a little bit. Few days later they'd beat me, and 5 minutes later I'd still have a higher score then they did on our "friends" charts. This went on for quite a while, then got really annoyed, and that's when I told them I was cheating.

He has never ever sent me another game request. Mission archived.

Even though my score "looked legit", if the company owning the game looked at logs, they would have EASILY been able to tell what I was doing, so no, you will NOT be able to "get away with a reasonable highest score", the same way that all winners of medals at the Olympics are drug checked. They need to make sure the "winners" have not cheated.

It's called "game logs". DE will know exactly "what you did" and if you did something you were not meant to.

I had someone of Facebook that kept sending "come play my game" requests FOR EVERY SINGLE GAME they ever found. One day they sent me one too many, so I went looking for Flash hacks for said game, and only ran the hack long enough to beat their score by a little bit. Few days later they'd beat me, and 5 minutes later I'd still have a higher score then they did on our "friends" charts. This went on for quite a while, then got really annoyed, and that's when I told them I was cheating.

He has never ever sent me another game request. Mission archived.

Even though my score "looked legit", if the company owning the game looked at logs, they would have EASILY been able to tell what I was doing, so no, you will NOT be able to "get away with a reasonable highest score", the same way that all winners of medals at the Olympics are drug checked. They need to make sure the "winners" have not cheated.

The thing is that reviewing these game logs would take time and as DE blatantly said, they were understaffed thus making me a bit skeptical as to how the "cheating" reviewed. Regardless, the issue here is that DE itself by not having a testing group, as most other games like League of Legends, etc... do, have made themselves vulnerable to these exploits. By allowing these exploits to exist they themselves put these strategies into play. In a competitive community people want to win at ALL cost and it is understandable in a sense. If one group uses the exploit, it is only logical that the others try and try again until they produce the same results. For the players it's not about cheating or not, it's about using any available means to get the better score and win. This being said, most people were forced to exploit so they could stay competitive. It is only DE's fault for not testing their new stuff properly. I'm sure a lot of people would love to be testers! get everything for free a few weeks in advanced and try to break the game?! that sounds fun! and would also help DE greatly.

Thanks for your feedback!!! 

Coup De grace used exploit its fact. The exploit that was used was a clear cheat. Not starting timer is a cheat and yet the whole clan used it. Quasars used the exploit aswell only because asgarrd and egt were using it, even though i messaged them not to. Both clans were acting dumb about it too... And so when we saw both clans jump their scores in a matter of hours by 100's of millions, we knew they were using the exploit. So in response we decided to use the exploit aswell (beat cheaters with their own cheat) but we would not have the gull to accept any trophy for the event. We already had a statement that was going to be released about this, but thankfull DE released a statement that no clan would receive a trophy which i 100% agree with.

Was very disappointed with all the clans that used a clear "CHEAT" exploit.

BTW i dont consider the multiple weak spots an exploit, you know exactly which exploit im talking about !!!

Edited by --Q--AFKrasul

• 5 weeks later...

Coup De grace used exploit its fact. The exploit that was used was a clear cheat. Not starting timer is a cheat and yet the whole clan used it. Quasars used the exploit aswell only because asgarrd and egt were using it, even though i messaged them not to. Both clans were acting dumb about it too... And so when we saw both clans jump their scores in a matter of hours by 100's of millions, we knew they were using the exploit. So in response we decided to use the exploit aswell (beat cheaters with their own cheat) but we would not have the gull to accept any trophy for the event. We already had a statement that was going to be released about this, but thankfull DE released a statement that no clan would receive a trophy which i 100% agree with.

Was very disappointed with all the clans that used a clear "CHEAT" exploit.

BTW i dont consider the multiple weak spots an exploit, you know exactly which exploit im talking about !!!

I would absolutely LOVE to refrain from the use of exploits... But as you said, they became essential to winning. This is exactly the way me and my clanmates feel. Clans will do anything to win in a competitive scene, we can't allow ourselves to be at a disadvantage when DE does nothing about it until the last day.

I will make reference to my initial statement and say that exploits are definitely are a part of the game. I did forget to add that I don't sponsor them in any way. I would definitely prefer that DE dealt with the situation swiftly. They could've taken the event down for a day or two to address the bug and restart the event completely. I wouldn't mind that. It's the fact that we didn't get enough time to participate because DE decided the bug was too hard to fix so they just did whatever they felt like doing at the last second.