Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Critical Delay Needs A Buff

Holeypaladin

Critical Delay is a type of mod that seems to be meant for high-crit weapons.  It reduces fire rate with the intention of increasing overall damage by increasing critical hits.

However... the problem lies in that it reduces fire rate MORE than it increases critical chance on the HIGHEST CRIT WEAPONS.

When Synapse, Amprex, Dread, etc. get an overall loss of damage when equipping this mod, there is absolutely no reason to ever equip it on any weapon, making it into another useless mod that's not worth using.

It needs to have a crit booster similar to Point Strike in order to be useful.  150% crit chance for a 36% fire rate reduction makes it useful on crit builds, but not useful on other weapons.

Essentially, it would be like a heavy caliber for crit weapons, only with a bigger penalty (36% DPS loss from fire rate reduction is way higher than the accuracy penalty)

Edited by Holeypaladin

Higher of both wouldn't solve the problem... it's still a DPS loss with its current crit to fire rate ratio.

Don't give them any bright ideas, please.

i like Critical Delay as it is on some Weapons.

so then the best solution for everyone would be to make more Mods with similar traits that are larger for those that prefer more positive and negative.

alternatively though, i suppose they could be 10 Rank Mods. i'd use them at the Rank i like, others could use them at the Rank they like.

The problem with this mod is we dont have any primaries that fire SO fast and crit SO much that it feels useful. The closest we have is the Grakata, and controlled fire with that gun is pretty easy.

This mod feels like it's basically designed for secondaries, many of which literally VOMIT entire clips in under a second and crit consistently.

Critical Delay AND Hammershot both need small buffs to their positive attributes.

Not big buffs, just small ones.

Hammershot does less damage on crit weapons than adding another elemental mod. Yes even the dual stat ones. But it only does a LITTLE BIT less. A few tweaks and it would actually be worth using.

Critical Delay is the same way.

It really only needs a small change to be worth using on the rifles and bows it was clearly designed for.

Edited by Kruglov

Higher of both wouldn't solve the problem... it's still a DPS loss with its current crit to fire rate ratio.

Well, it's a dps gain on Vectis.

And I also use it on Latron Wraith -> Makes shots more consistent and dealing with mussel climb is no longer an issue. Other players will have their own opinions.

With that said, it is kind of depressing of a mod >.>. But there are far worse ones in the mist.

Edited by Quizel

This guy gets it. 

Critical delay as practically no negative effect on Vectis. The "loss of fire rate" only affects the delay between firing a shot and the automatic reload. But if you spam the R button to manually reload, there is no delay at all. 

Wait until DE releases more bolt-action snipers (which is bound to happen, because upcoming sniper buff and the inevitable Vectis Prime). 

There are better options. Elemental damage + status mods offer bigger increase and flat, reliable damage.

Hammer Shot is a better option as well.

I wouldn't say that using one mod slot on a mere 12% increase of crit chance is worth it.

There are better options. Elemental damage + status mods offer bigger increase and flat, reliable damage.

Hammer Shot is a better option as well.

I wouldn't say that using one mod slot on a mere 12% increase of crit chance is worth it.

And the counter argument to that is if a crit weapon does not crit (slow RoF ones) what's the point of 10-15% higher "average dps".

Closing comment did say it's a depressing mod because it's so close to actually being a "good" mod and not just situational.