Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helios' Usefulness Beyond Codex Completion

AureusVulpes

Let's face it, once people complete their codex, it's unlikely they ever use Helios again (players not concerned with codex need not apply). What then? Is Helios doomed to rot ion the Liset? A forgotten scholar of the field, left unemployed when information is no longer valuable?

Nay, I say!

Even if niche, I suggest that Helios be able to continue scanning the lilies and threshcones on Earth to create antitoxins and/or health restores for the player. It would at least allow Helios to garner some use beyond his initial window, and maybe warrant a few formas from the playerbase.

It only scans the plants as long as their codex page is not done. Therefore a "herbalist" precept was suggested some time ago.

Would be also cool to have a "spotter" precept, which would just ping at closest/most dangerous enemy without scanning them.

MY Helios was helpful not just for codex - i knew corrupt bombards and nullies were coming , he warned me so i get careful before them

Problem is, the scanning and x-ray vision ceases once your scans are maxed out.

I liked the old, buggy Helios far more than our current one because of its combat utility. For those who don't remember, it would activate a scan on a target whether it was maxed out or not, and during the scan, it would highlight all nearby enemies and interactive objects in orange (similar to what you see when you manually use the Scanner). It was great for spotting enemies behind cover or behind closing doors, and synergized AMAZINGLY with punchthrough weapons.

I think our current Helios should go back to this. Not wasting scanners on completed enemies or anything, but highlighting all nearby enemies in green/orange while scanning something. And if everything nearby has its scans maxed out, it just picks the nearest target and begins a mock scan that triggers the x-ray vision without adding any more scans to the codex.

Edited by SortaRandom