Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Afk Scenarios

air2ground

I think the new afk detection thing is a step in the the right direction but I would like some clarification on what would happen in certain scenarios.

Scenario 1)

3 man squad for t3 exterminate

Player Joe does the mission and gets most of the kills but after most of the enemies are dead he dies due to void lasers or a misplaced penta shot. Does not revive

Noob follows behind and gets the last 2 kills

Troll ticks noob into killing himself with the void lasers and noob does not revive.
Troll (having done nothing but shadow the other players the whole match) wants to screw around for 5 minutes and then extracts.

It has been 5 min since the mission and Joe and noob are still dead at extraction. the mission results show that troll did zero damage and recieved zero damage but he was the only one alive after the mission eneded.

Who does and does not get the rewards?
If anyone can test this or if DE can clarify that would be awesome.
Also if anyone else can come up with other scenarios that could be tested please post it.

Edit:

To clarify, the scenario is not meant to assign blame as to who died and why but to test the new afk mechanism

Joe represent players who die before the mission is complete and stay dead.

Noob represents the players who die after the mission is complete. 

Troll just represents factors as to why extraction is way after after the mission is completed

the scenario was just a situation in which all the above may be tested.

DErebeca stated that the afk timer is in effect when the mission is complete. by that logic noob and Joe are afk but I want clarification as to if that is actually how the new afk mechanic works.

Does it do it by measuring how long a person is dead/ not moving since 1 min after the mission is completed? If so then Joe and noob are afk.

If thats the case then would someone running a wasd macro would not be considered afk?

If so whats the best way to tell the real players apart from using macros? Has DE thought this far ahead?

Im curios to see how far ahead they thought and want to see how complex their AFK detection code is so if anyone can test this or think of more scenarios to help test how complex their AFK detection code it that would be great

TLDR:

How complex/ accurate is DE's AFK detection coding? has anyone tested it or think of scenarios to test it?

Edited by air2ground

Scenario 1, (based on theory) troll gets reward. Joe and noob get nothing.

However, if Joe and noob just wait til the troll got close to extraction and revive, they'll be alright. They can safely wait out the timer. Unless the troll repeatedly steps off extraction but in such a case as that, they could simply do their best to hide (if they are incapable of making it to extract) til he gets bored and lets the timer finish properly.

Scenario 2 : T1D with 1 noob deciding he activates all the lasers and kill everyone. Does not revive them. And lets say 1 out of 3 were out of revives.

It could happen ...

defense does not track afk.

Or im playing valk medic in a t4s with a few friends I know are there, but one dies and has no revives, and vor decides to show up and donkey punch the other guys and burn their revives quickly, since vor can do that. Im forced to bail. If I dont haul &#! fast enough I will be the only one to get stuff. Which is butts, cause I know the other guys were there the entire time, but just got screwed over by vors asshatery.

Just include random shooting and reloading in the macro.

so would them running a macro doing random wasd, shooting, and reloading enough to be considered non afk? I am very curious to see how many scenarios DE accounted for when making the AFK detection code.

so would them running a macro doing random wasd, shooting, and reloading enough to be considered non afk? I am very curious to see how many scenarios DE accounted for when making the AFK detection code.

Try playing frost on long defence with power augment, buff teammates, deploy globes, and miss all XP coz you AFK while playing game.

To counter AFK you need to move ~5m or kill, what if this is not your role in party?

Try playing frost on long defence with power augment, buff teammates, deploy globes, and miss all XP coz you AFK while playing game.

To counter AFK you need to move ~5m or kill, what if this is not your role in party?

It doesn't apply in endless missions.

I don't think the situation suggested would be the biggest problem. The biggest problem is if the host is killed (let's say in void) and he/she's out of revives. Obviously, he/she would abort as he/she would not receive any rewards due to the afk requirement.

What does that leave for the rest of the team? Well, with Warframe's brilliant hosting system (and bugs from time to time), the game will probably force them to leave as well. No one gets anything in the end.

Joe is stupid, if he died to lasers or penta blast. Probably he was busy randomly coptering around rooms. Or he was addicted to his precious golden mindless spraynprey boltor prime, so real weapon was too hard for him. I bet Joe's secondary was synoid gammacor, and he was equipped with berserker ichors or dervish dakra. Probably using some noob frame like loki also. So he get what he deserved.

Noob should learn the hard way how lasers work. So his death is also justifiable.

And succesfull troll is succesfull. I fail to see something bad in this scenario.

Joe is stupid, if he died to lasers or penta blast. Probably he was busy randomly coptering around rooms. Or he was addicted to his precious golden mindless spraynprey boltor prime, so real weapon was too hard for him. I bet Joe's secondary was synoid gammacor, and he was equipped with berserker ichors or dervish dakra. Probably using some noob frame like loki also. So he get what he deserved.

Noob should learn the hard way how lasers work. So his death is also justifiable.

And succesfull troll is succesfull. I fail to see something bad in this scenario.

You seem to be missing the point of this topic. How these guys die and what they did does not matter but what is important is if the game sees the following players as afk.

Joe represent players who die before the mission is complete and stay dead.

Noob represents the players who die After the mission is complete.

Troll Just Represents A Factor As To Why The extraction is way after After The Mission Is conpleted

the scenario was just a situation in which all the above may be tested.

DErebeca stated that the afk timer is in effect when the mission is complete. by that logic noob and Joe are afk but I want clarification as to if that is actually how the new afk mechanic works. Whether not Joe, noob, troll were being stupid or not is completely irrelavent

I don't like these new afk/ no review= no reward rules... at all.

There are too many scenarios where this systems fails and punishes the wrong users.

exactly, this is what I want to test.

It does not matter to me why people die or who is being a troll or whos fault it is that someone dies.

I want to see how accurate is DE's code when it comes to punishing people who are AFK and how good it is at distinguishing people who are AFK and people who just dont revive

I don't like these new afk/ no review= no reward rules... at all.

There are too many scenarios where this systems fails and punishes the wrong users.

Like what?

Quests that uses non-endless missions, which can't be repeated, are one issue, and devs are looking into a fix for the next update it seems.