Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone Wanna Go On A Forum Strike With Me?

NinjaSnipe11

I'm getting sick of all these unneeded changes the community disagrees with. The point of the forums is so the community can help fix bugs and help talk about changes, but when are suggestions are being ignored, what's the point? If it isn't obvious already we have no control over the development of the game. So, who wants to go on a forum strike?

Edited by NinjaSnipe11

I think it would be more productive if you explain what exactly you don't appreciate... And what specifically you think the community disagrees with. Btw, you'll always find a good deal of people who take the opposing side to an issue regardless of how logical or straightforward the issue is.

Edited by Jamescell

nah, i'm way too amused by all these antics on the forums to ever leave.

/me wanders off for more popcorn.

considering how changes are being made to the game, pretty soon i'll just come here for my entertainment and forgo the videogame altogether. 

Edited by xethier

I think it would be more productive if you explain what exactly you don't appreciate... And what specifically you think the community disagrees with. Btw, you'll always find a good deal of people who take the opposing side to an issue regardless of how logical it is.

Sorry, you must have missed the whole t4 keys removed from syndicates.

So, are they supposed to implement every single suggestion given on the forums? 

And we never had any "control over the development". I don't know why you'd think that. We have a helluva lot of input, but control? Nah. 

Ultimately it's their game. Always has been & always will be. They don't have to listen at all. We're lucky enough they listen as much as they do. That's quite the rarity amongst game developers & this community takes that for granted, I feel. 

Imo.

funny, i thought you were referencing the void trader not actually giving out void parts. (as if DE would EVER do that. :P)

or the frustration that you're limited by MR cap on rep per day. (meaning it's actually useful now, shocker!)

or than archwing is still a vapor ghost of a game-mode

or that we're still having to farm keys in general (over and above the syndicates) instead of building void keys like we do with derelicts. (based on item tier or some other RNG reducing mechanism)

i could go on, but i think i've gotten my point across.

Then what are the point of the forums then??

To give input. 

*insert "duh" gif* 

The same reason any other game has a forum. Feedback, suggestions, bug reports, etc. — INPUT.

Edited by Rexlars

funny, i thought you were referencing the void trader not actually giving out void parts. (as if DE would EVER do that. :P)

or the frustration that you're limited by MR cap on rep per day. (meaning it's actually useful now, shocker!)

or than archwing is still a vapor ghost of a game-mode

or that we're still having to farm keys in general (over and above the syndicates) instead of building void keys like we do with derelicts. (based on item tier or some other RNG reducing mechanism)

i could go on, but i think i've gotten my point across.

Im talking about all that too! That was just an example.

Lol. 

The assumptions are mind boggling.

Surprisingly enough I couldn't care less if DE removed T4 keys from syndicates entirely.

Did just fine without them before hand and I'll do fine without them being obscenely cheap now.

The forums are making mountains out of molehills.

Your strike isn't productive or helpful and will go unnoticed.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

If players controlled what was put in the game, it would be god awful. We'd all be running around as rainbow ponies and every mob would drop every single mod.

You must have missed the part where this was awful and devalued them to hell and a lot of people agree with it.

Nobody likes a nerf they didn't request, that doesn't mean it's not needed. Hell I'd much like enemies to get double their HP and damage or us to lose half our damage because I'm tired of how easy everything but the top 1% of content is.

Really this T4 remove thing is all going to be sorted out in the future for a more balanced amount.

And buying T4 keys is going to be extremely cheap on trading chat, so there's another way to get some 4x keys.

Also about your forum strike, I do not accept.

Edited by Monsterwithin

Are you seriously mad about that? 1k per T4 key was way too cheap, and caused all sorts of issues. Plus, you'd earn that 5k rep you spent on the pack with 1 of the 5 keys you just bought, as well as getting prime parts. It was stupidly easy to stockpile hundreds of t4 keys before, and now it isn't. That's not a problem, and you just seem to be having a negative knee-jerk reaction to having easymode taken away. 

Edited by DrMeowmix

Im talking about all that too! That was just an example.

yeah, you need to be specific, otherwise you're just wasting time on the forums and not achieving any of your goals as well as distracting the rest of us monkeys! 

i think the void trader is perfect for what he's supposed to be, i wouldn't change a thing.

MR cap on rep per day is also perfect. want more rep? raise your MR!

archwing could still use some serious work. personally i don't care much about it because if i wanted to play descent, i'd dust off my copies of it and play it again.

i don't really care about loosing access to cheap t4 keys, i farmed for them before syndicates, and i'll farm for them again after syndicates. although if they're asking for ideas on how to fix it. i have more than a few.

these forms are always a hot-bed of butt-hurt and insane expectations from players that feel like their whims should be catered to at every level. it seems the free games always bring out the worst in gamers.

i'm just glad i'm able to continue to play this game without having to spend cash every month on something that i may or may not have time to devote to. are there things i would change? you betcha. in a heartbeat. and if i have an idea that i feel merits further scrutiny by the community, i'll throw it up on these forums.

but what i don't do, is foment dissent on the forums so that DE staff or community managers have to deal with people getting unruly.

Edited by xethier

If players controlled what was put in the game, it would be god awful. We'd all be running around as rainbow ponies and every mob would drop every single mod.

You must have missed the part where this was awful and devalued them to hell and a lot of people agree with it.

Nobody likes a nerf they didn't request, that doesn't mean it's not needed. Hell I'd much like enemies to get double their HP and damage or us to lose half our damage because I'm tired of how easy everything but the top 1% of content is.

I'm so glad the players don't have a whole bunch of control. It would be impossible to implement for a start considering all the differing opinions.

If people think the WF going down hill now just imagine how bad it would be if DE implimented as much of the forums ideas as possible. It would be a trainwreck.

100,000 rep = 100 T4 keys of varying types.

Take into account the rep cap and you will still earn back 100,000 rep over a few days just by doing those missions.

But the forums will complain about literally anything.

your strike isn't productive

Strikes generally aren't meant to be "productive"

Are you seriously mad about that? 1k per T4 key was way too cheap, and caused all sorts of issues. Plus, you'd earn that 5k rep you spent on the pack with 1 of the 5 keys you just bought, as well as getting prime parts. It was stupidly easy to stockpile hundreds of t4 keys before, and now it isn't. That's not a problem, and you just seem to be having a negative knee-jerk reaction to having easymode taken away. 

The problem is they have been completely removed from syndicates. You can no longer buy t4 keys from them. Even though it still says you unlock them at rank 2 in your syndicate.

yeah, you need to be specific, otherwise you're just wasting time on the forums and not achieving any of your goals as well as distracting the rest of us monkeys! 

i think the void trader is perfect for what he's supposed to be, i wouldn't change a thing.

MR cap on rep per day is also perfect. want more rep? raise your MR!

archwing could still use some serious work. personally i don't care much about it because if i wanted to play descent, i'd dust off my copies of it and play it again.

i don't really care about loosing access to cheap t4 keys, i farmed for them before syndicates, and i'll farm for them again after syndicates. although if they're asking for ideas on how to fix it. i have more than a few.

these forms are always a hot-bed of butt-hurt and insane expectations from players that feel like their whims should be catered to at every level. it seems the free games always bring out the worst in gamers.

i'm just glad i'm able to continue to play this game without having to spend cash every month on something that i may or may not have time to devote to. are there things i would change? you betcha. in a heartbeat. and if i have an idea that i feel merits further scrutiny by the community, i'll throw it up on these forums.

but what i don't do, is foment dissent on the forums so that DE staff or community managers have to deal with people getting unruly.

Contradiction much? You just said all of these things were bad because they didn't listen to player input. But when I agree with you, you changed your entire opinion.

Edited by NinjaSnipe11

The problem is they have been completely removed from syndicates. You can no longer buy t4 keys from them. Even though it still says you unlock them at rank 2 in your syndicate.

If you'd have been paying any bit of attention, you would have known that they plan on reinstating syndicate keys at a higher price (4 for 25k, and keys are random with one guaranteed a certain tier). Rebecca literally made a poll about it a day ago. I repeat, knee jerk reaction.

Edited by DrMeowmix

Contradiction much? You just said all of these things were bad because they didn't listen to player input. But when I agree with you, you changed your entire opinion.

i didn't say they were bad, i said you could have been mentioning them in your initial posting because you weren't specific. 

i chose those because half the folks on these forums have been whining about them for the last 3 weeks.

the first two i think are perfectly adequate changes.

and while i have my issues with void keys, nothing DE has done since before the release of syndicates has changed my frustration to any noticeable degree. and, as stated, i don't care about archwing beyond mastery rank. (see issue #2, this is my solution for it)

don't misunderstand sarcasm for serious. :P

Edited by xethier

Actually they are supposed to be productive, as they are intended to force a change by forgoing an activity. Whether that be work or otherwise.

For the record, keys will be back once a decision is reached by DE.

You haven't been paying attention.

Then why are we on the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To give input, suggestions and report bugs.

Not have our every whim catered too and expect DE to fit in everything a vast and varying community suggests/demands.

Thats impossible to begin with as not everyone agrees.

DE cannot and should not add everything the community suggests.

They add the ideas etc that they think would work and that no one in the office has considered.

They can't do it all.

Just because you dislike/think somethings unfair doesn't mean everyone else does.

Edited by StinkyPygmy

No game should be entirely controlled by the community; that would lead to quite a few issues popping up...  However it seems like DE is just breaking things with these recent updates rather than fixing things that have been waiting on to be fixed for a long time now even new weapons being made are breaking for crying out loud. 

There needs to be a break from the constant stream of new content and problems so there can be a total focus on cleaning up all the game breaking issues, like poor host migration management, loading into active levels resulting in unpreventable death, certain weapons being near unusable, lack of features many have been asking for for ages like shooting ranges, public trading areas, a trade overhaul, and toggleable old/new menu screens.  Just so many issues to go through.  In the mean time, development areas not involved with stomping out bugs could perhaps go about brainstorming better looks for the Clan Dojos, planets without their own tile-sets need attention, I'm sure that new faction still needs some art, heck even redesign some old weapons and add new skins, come on... the ignis is actually just a grakata with tubes on it.