Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Creating A Private Key Lobby

WaRDeMoN787

I'm not sure if someone might have thought of this before I have, I couldn't find it through searching the forum. So, if this idea has been thought up and shared, I apologize.

So, I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of us who have fallen victim to the idealism of "Key sharing". It's a bummer when going for a frame or even a void run to find out one or two of your fellow Tenno decides to leave when it's their turn to use their key because 1) They lied about having one to piggy back in the game or 2) They got the last part they need to they just leave without having ever used their key (and probably profit from having it left over too).

I propose the idea of a keyshare lobby. One user hosts a "keyshare lobby" that is private. This user then advertises for a key share like normal in the recruiting channel and invites 3 other players. Before the game begins, each player "Sets" one key into the lobby, creating four-mission lobby that is exclusive to the key donors. Once the missions begin the keys cannot be redeemed and the users work together towards a common goal of getting the reward they need.

If a user decided to leave by run 2, his key will not be redeemable because he/she has dedicated to a keyshare and would be unfair for the user to have used one person’s key to gain an individual part, and not be a person of their word and share their key so other users may get the remaining parts they need.

What are your thoughts? Any ideas that you guys would add to this, or perhaps change? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

-WD

but what if that other member dced during a game and cant rejoin anymore because of some game bug? will his key wasted and not redeemable too?

Or will it stop those abusers from quiting while on a game before thier key is used after they got what they wanted?

i like the idea but there is a lot to consider before it can work though.

Edited by KuzkinaMat

So if they'll relogged after a disconnection, and prompted to rejoin. will the other members left on the game too will be barred from completing the quest until the other one returns so they wont abuse the unused key left from the dced member?

There are instances that after you dced and relogged then prompted to rejoin, the mission are already finished. Those easy/fast missions like Capture, exterminate and sabotage.

this would be a bit troublesome to the waiting members.

Edited by KuzkinaMat

So if they'll relogged after a disconnection, and prompted to rejoin. will the other members left on the game too will be barred from completing the quest until the other one returns so they wont abuse the unused key left from the dced member?

There are instances that after you dced and relogged then prompted to rejoin, the mission are already finished. Those easy/fast missions like Capture, exterminate and sabotage.

this would be a bit troublesome to the waiting members.

Well, nothings perfect. However, this solution is more like a binding contract. If you say you're giving your key to help, that's what you're going to do. Many of us have lost a lot in this game through disconnections but there's no overall fix to it. The keyshare lobby's prevent other from taking advantage of others. You could always submit a report for another key since you had lost internet. I'm sure this is something that wouldn't be a big deal and a method already in use.

I'm not sure if someone might have thought of this before I have, I couldn't find it through searching the forum. So, if this idea has been thought up and shared, I apologize.

So, I'm pretty sure there have been a lot of us who have fallen victim to the idealism of "Key sharing". It's a bummer when going for a frame or even a void run to find out one or two of your fellow Tenno decides to leave when it's their turn to use their key because 1) They lied about having one to piggy back in the game or 2) They got the last part they need to they just leave without having ever used their key (and probably profit from having it left over too).

I propose the idea of a keyshare lobby. One user hosts a "keyshare lobby" that is private. This user then advertises for a key share like normal in the recruiting channel and invites 3 other players. Before the game begins, each player "Sets" one key into the lobby, creating four-mission lobby that is exclusive to the key donors. Once the missions begin the keys cannot be redeemed and the users work together towards a common goal of getting the reward they need.

If a user decided to leave by run 2, his key will not be redeemable because he/she has dedicated to a keyshare and would be unfair for the user to have used one person’s key to gain an individual part, and not be a person of their word and share their key so other users may get the remaining parts they need.

What are your thoughts? Any ideas that you guys would add to this, or perhaps change? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

-WD

Man, I wish I'd gotten my idea about this out lol

Good points, the only problem I see would be someone dropping from group, for whatever reason, and then they miss out on their own key.

A solution to this would be giving the host a list of presets to choose from before starting the keyshare lobby.  They would have the ability to choose between letting the key leave with the player or keeping it.  The reason I would make this suggestion is if I'm running with a group of friends, I don't want to jack one of their keys because their cat knocked over their drink or they had a R.L. issue.  If it's a stranger though, I'd give them warning that their key will not be returned if they DC'd, join at your own risk kind of thing.

And have the keys consumed via RNG, that way no one can try gaming the system and bailing before their key is used in a friendly team situation. 

Man, I wish I'd gotten my idea about this out lol

Good points, the only problem I see would be someone dropping from group, for whatever reason, and then they miss out on their own key.

A solution to this would be giving the host a list of presets to choose from before starting the keyshare lobby.  They would have the ability to choose between letting the key leave with the player or keeping it.  The reason I would make this suggestion is if I'm running with a group of friends, I don't want to jack one of their keys because their cat knocked over their drink or they had a R.L. issue.  If it's a stranger though, I'd give them warning that their key will not be returned if they DC'd, join at your own risk kind of thing.

And have the keys consumed via RNG, that way no one can try gaming the system and bailing before their key is used in a friendly team situation.

If something had happened wouldn't it be simple to open a support ticket and try to redeem your key? I mean, real life situations happen a lot and everyone cant be reinburst for every little thing they miss. A keyshare is something you should do when you know you have nothing planned ahead of the day. Also, if you're gaming with pals then why not just use keys like you normally would? The idea of a keyshare lobby isn't meant to take over all aspects of gaming with keys, just insurance for those players who are playing with strangers

If something had happened wouldn't it be simple to open a support ticket and try to redeem your key? I mean, real life situations happen a lot and everyone cant be reinburst for every little thing they miss. A keyshare is something you should do when you know you have nothing planned ahead of the day. Also, if you're gaming with pals then why not just use keys like you normally would? The idea of a keyshare lobby isn't meant to take over all aspects of gaming with keys, just insurance for those players who are playing with strangers

Sure, but it'd take days with how fast Support moves.  And I agree, you should  be able to play out the keyshare but unexpected things happen, like a cat knocking a drink over a keyboard, the power going out or someone showing up on your front porch.  All of which have either happened to me or someone on my team.

I wasn't suggesting that it take over all aspects, but it would take over a decent sized portion just because of the ease and security of such a feature.

I think this is a pretty good idea, but yeah, the implementation would be a pain.  What if the players didn't want to run the mission four times?  This might come up if, say, everyone got that rare drop on the first run--not everyone will want to try and get it three more times.

In this latest Devstream, they hinted toward something regarding keys...they were really vague about it, though--something about multi-use or multi-purpose keys.  Guess we'll see as it rolls out...

I think this is a pretty good idea, but yeah, the implementation would be a pain.  What if the players didn't want to run the mission four times?  This might come up if, say, everyone got that rare drop on the first run--not everyone will want to try and get it three more times.

In this latest Devstream, they hinted toward something regarding keys...they were really vague about it, though--something about multi-use or multi-purpose keys.  Guess we'll see as it rolls out...

So you could have one person host and use their key. No biggie.