Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Update] Charlie Hebdo Hunt: Police Surround Paris Suspects, Double Hostage Crisis

Letter13

The third terrorist is a friend of the two others, he's doing this to help his friends to get free.

I don't know how my country is going to be after all this stuff, i just hope fear will not rule our lives from now on.

Hope so too, it is horrible when that happens. Here in the USA we have given up so many of our freedoms for a silly illusion of security. None of us are safer for it, just more scared and less free. Wish you guys the best.

Well the security has been already renforced everywhere, and i guess it's going to be like that for a moment. But i totally agree with you, i don't think it really helps. We can't control everybody and know what they're going to do, so...  It will happen again for sure, unfortunately.

Thanks for the support to all of you guys.

Assaults have been done at the moment, we have no more information.

Seems like the two first terrorists are dead...

Edited by BrideOfFire

Nice one ;)

So as you probably saw on the news, the three terrorists are dead. 4 hostages died too. Some cops are between live and death.

I wish we could say it's finished but it's just the beginning...

Ah no, I didn't see that. I just heard the gunmen were killed. I am at work right now, so not paying constant attention to the story. I probably wouldn't have made my Warframe joke if I knew so many innocent people got hurt. Kind of sad. Oh well, too late now.

• 4 weeks later...

Extremists make Islam look bad: lots of ignorant people (Bill Maher in the house) say most people who follow the religion are cheering these terrorist attacks on.

Extremists make some other religion, or athiesm, or America itself look bad: the same ignorant people (Maher is back) brush it off after freaking out a bit.

Personally, I don't think anybody has the right to kill anybody unjustly or go on mass murders. But I don't think that Charlie Hebdo was all that good either, their magazine wasn't just satire, but it was downright offensive to most Muslims, they went way too far with their "jokes". Satire can be funny, but it can't be over the top or else many extremists (of any religion, ethnicity, political view, or even something else comepletely different) will get butthurt, and sometimes they'll rise up and murder people.

So, I'll restate it again, nobody has any right to go on a mass murder or kill anybody unjustly.

EDIT: If someone doesn't know that they're being offensive that doesn't matter, they should stop making offensive content and hand out apologies. I know I would. I just hope that all of this terrorism stops and no more extremists touch the world with their dirty hands.

Edited by sappinmahsentry

And nobody, has the right to censor freedom of speech. Religion, especially islam, IS NOT IMMUNE to criticism or satire, or ridicule. Religion doesn't have special rights. If you want us to respect YOUR religion, you have to respect our ridiculing, our satire, our criticism, ALL THE WAY. If you pass that test, then hats down to you sir, there is no more need for ridicule. But you see, you can't pass that test. Religions need every last person in the world to bow down at least one knee, or else it will never rest.

All the prisons of this world are full with religious people, rather than atheists. In prisons 97% or the convicts are religious. And there is no "too far" with jokes and ridiculing as far as religion goes.  Especially a murderous one such as islam. They kill people daily, by the hundreds, and we are suppose to respect it ???

And finally, it only takes a handfull of extremists to make the majority of peacefull people IRRELEVANT. The nazis were only a handfull compared to the rest of germany which were peacefull, but it didn't matter. The nazis drove the agenda. In Soviet Russia, only a handfull of people were driving the communist agenda. The majority of peaceful russians were irrelevant. It only took 19 muslims in America to bring the 2 towers down, to stain the image of many million peacefull muslims living there. IT ONLY TAKES A HANDFULL to make the majority irrelevand. And islam has the biggest majority of extremists, hands down. And furthermore, they belive it's their divine right to kill indiscriminantely whoever or whatever is not muslim.

JE SUIS CHARLIE !!

And nobody, has the right to censor freedom of speech. Religion, especially islam, IS NOT IMMUNE to criticism or satire, or ridicule. Religion doesn't have special rights. If you want us to respect YOUR religion, you have to respect our ridiculing, our satire, our criticism, ALL THE WAY. If you pass that test, then hats down to you sir, there is no more need for ridicule. But you see, you can't pass that test. Religions need every last person in the world to bow down at least one knee, or else it will never rest.

All the prisons of this world are full with religious people, rather than atheists. In prisons 97% or the convicts are religious. And there is no "too far" with jokes and ridiculing as far as religion goes.  Especially a murderous one such as islam. They kill people daily, by the hundreds, and we are suppose to respect it ???

And finally, it only takes a handfull of extremists to make the majority of peacefull people IRRELEVANT. The nazis were only a handfull compared to the rest of germany which were peacefull, but it didn't matter. The nazis drove the agenda. In Soviet Russia, only a handfull of people were driving the communist agenda. The majority of peaceful russians were irrelevant. It only took 19 muslims in America to bring the 2 towers down, to stain the image of many million peacefull muslims living there. IT ONLY TAKES A HANDFULL to make the majority irrelevand. And islam has the biggest majority of extremists, hands down. And furthermore, they belive it's their divine right to kill indiscriminantely whoever or whatever is not muslim.

JE SUIS CHARLIE !!

I am not gonna touch on how many grammatical errors I see in your post, but you're being just as ignorant as the ones I stated in my previous post. Most Muslims are ashamed of the many extremists in their religion. I never said that you can't censor freedom of speech, I said that if you're being offensive, cut that offensive sh!t out. I apologize if I'm currently or I was being offensive to you. Nothing is immune to "criticism, satire, or ridicule" (I was amazed that you used the word "criticism" against a common belief, if someone was like " Wow, your opinion is terrible and I hate you for it, have my opinion because it's 100% better and it's my feeling that it's better." would you like it?).

Dear god, I am just getting started, you wait right there,"And there is no "too far" with jokes and ridiculing as far as religion goes." there is always a "too far" with anything, too much of one thing can and almost always will turn out bad. "Religions need every last person in the world to bow down at least one knee, or else it will never rest." I didn't know this turned into an anti-religion post, also cool story bro. "All the prisons of this world are full with religious people, rather than atheists." Yup, this is an anti-religion post. "Especially a murderous one such as islam." Oh deary me, you're saying that Islam is a very murderous religion, take a while to read the ENTIRE Quran and you'll understand everything, every single other religion had mass murders from extremists, Islam is just put under the spotlight because the world has some type of hate for it.

"They kill people daily, by the hundreds, and we are suppose to respect it ???" I face-palmed here, the first of many to come, you say that they kill people daily by the hundreds, please, go give me all of your sources and let me see how wrong you are. "And finally, it only takes a handfull of extremists to make the majority of peacefull people IRRELEVANT" Oh god, stop what you're doing right no-"The nazis were only a handfull compared to the rest of germany which were peacefull, but it didn't matter."... I don't even need to tell you how wrong you ar-"In Soviet Russia, only a handfull of people were driving the communist agenda. The majority of peaceful russians were irrelevant." I am about to lose faith in all of humani-"It only took 19 muslims in America to bring the 2 towers down, to stain the image of many million peacefull muslims living there. IT ONLY TAKES A HANDFULL to make the majority irrelevand."

That's it! I lost faith, you pushed me, I lost what little faith I had left in humanity, thank yo-"And islam has the biggest majority of extremists, hands down. And furthermore, they belive it's their divine right to kill indiscriminantely whoever or whatever is not muslim."... I can't even say anything anymore, guess who also believed it was their divine right to almost wipe out an entire continent. That's right, the people who made America what it is today.

TL;DR tumblr_inline_mnp0yaAwz31qz4rgp.png

Typical professional victimhood and manufactured offense right here. Seen it all before. I'm surprised you didn't played the racist card yet. If most muslims are ashamed by the deeds of their extremists, why don't they show it ?? Instead you condemn all who point out the atrocities done in the name of your religion. I'm confused here, are you really condemning the extremists in your religion, or the people who criticise you for atrocities happening in the first place, in the name of your religion, by your religious extremist ?? And furthermore, I have never seen christians killing others for not being christians, never seen suicide christian bombers, never seen atheist murderers. This all happens unde the flag of islam, because islam hasn't been through a reinnesance period like christianity yet. Maybe in the future, it will.

It's not a common belief. You want to portray it as common, but not even half of the world population believes in a distant desert god and his desert prophet. And you are already criticisng me but unlike you I love being criticised, I love all challenges, I love satire and ridicule especially to myself and in that regard because I don't identify myself with ideologies.

You say everyone has some special kind of hate for islam ? Have you asked yourself why ? It's because a heavy procentage of the followers of that religion go rampant with the teachings of the koran, while christians have the good sense of blowing off the violent bullS#&$ in the bible. Until you learn to do the same, islam is going to be more and more marginalised, and I'll be the first in line raising awareness, not that it needs much raising since it litteraly goes out of it's way to portray itself as violent, barbaric and murderous.

You can facepalm all you want, it won't affect the facts. It's you who completely ignores the facts, as if Charlie Hebdo was at fault and the murderers were actually victims. Yeah, it's my turn to facepalm, but I don't need to play the buffoon, like you do, to make my statement well understood. And about my english, I'm not american or british so I think my english is more than fine, but again it shows that your lack of airtight argument you cling towards picking on my writing, insteand of staying on the issue.

And how exactly did you proved me wrong. All you did was face-palm, *@##$ing and moaning you lost your faith in humanity, when in fact I LOSE FAITH in humanity when I read blatant ignorance coming from islamic apologists, you also told me to read the koran, which I did by the way, unlike you who I start to think you never read one sentence from it, and you are victimising yourself at my expense when I point out the falacies in your religious teachings. What exactly did you proved me ??? I see nothing on your part but crying, complaining, *@##$ing, moaning, manufactured false offense.

Yes islam is a catastrophicaly murderous religion and I have a list from 2001 till this day with all the murders chronologicaly happening in the middle east and in Europe in the name of the religion of ... "peace" :)))) The site is thereligionofpeace.com. That's my first proof.

Edited by XerpentoR

I'll join.

And furthermore, I have never seen christians killing others for not being christians, never seen suicide christian bombers, This all happens unde the flag of islam, because islam hasn't been through a reinnesance period like christianity yet. Maybe in the future, it will.

Actually, Christianity holds the first place in killing in the name of the religion. Islam is still nowhere near.

never seen atheist murderers.

So you want to say that all murderers kill because of their religious beliefs?

You say everyone has some special kind of hate for islam ? Have you asked yourself why ? It's because a heavy procentage of the followers of that religion go rampant with the teachings of the koran, while christians have the good sense of blowing off the violent bullS#&$ in the bible. Until you learn to do the same, islam is going to be more and more marginalised, and I'll be the first in line raising awareness, not that it needs much raising since it litteraly goes out of it's way to portray itself as violent, barbaric and murderous.

Again, Christianity is not that good as you describe it. Also, the mass media does a "good job" in creating that hate for islam.

You can facepalm all you want, it won't affect the facts. It's you who completely ignores the facts, as if Charlie Hebdo was at fault and the murderers were actually victims. Yeah, it's my turn to facepalm, but I don't need to play the buffoon, like you do, to make my statement well understood. 

Your freedom ends where the other man's freedom starts. So no, shove that argument about freedom of speech very deep. That "satire" was not satire but pure offensive and provoking crap. They were at fault, they got what they deserved. And I'm an atheist so I have no Idea how offensive it was to faithful Muslims.

Yes islam is a catastrophicaly murderous religion and I have a list from 2001 till this day with all the murders chronologicaly happening in the middle east and in Europe in the name of the religion of ... "peace" :)))) The site is thereligionofpeace.com. That's my first proof.

And I can make a long list about how many people America got killed in their pursuit of world domination. So what? Let's call America a "catastrophically murderous" country?

So I read the recent posts in this thread, and let's all take a second to calm down. Deep breaths. And here's my opinion: Every religion has it's violent extremists. Every religion has some sort of mass murder at some point in its name. Was it right in any of them? No. The only reason Islam is currently being pointed at is because it's the easiest one. I'm not saying that anyone should be pointing fingers, but it's much harder to insult a majority then a minority. Should it be done? No. Will the media continue to blame Islam? yes.

I'll join.

Actually, Christianity holds the first place in killing in the name of the religion. Islam is still nowhere near.

So you want to say that all murderers kill because of their religious beliefs?

Again, Christianity is not that good as you describe it. Also, the mass media does a "good job" in creating that hate for islam.

Your freedom ends where the other man's freedom starts. So no, shove that argument about freedom of speech very deep. That "satire" was not satire but pure offensive and provoking crap. They were at fault, they got what they deserved. And I'm an atheist so I have no Idea how offensive it was to faithful Muslims.

And I can make a long list about how many people America got killed in their pursuit of world domination. So what? Let's call America a "catastrophically murderous" country?

eec.jpg

But seriously, people like you make me proud, maybe I shouldn't lose faith in the world, not yet at least.

So I read the recent posts in this thread, and let's all take a second to calm down. Deep breaths. And here's my opinion: Every religion has it's violent extremists. Every religion has some sort of mass murder at some point in its name. Was it right in any of them? No. The only reason Islam is currently being pointed at is because it's the easiest one. I'm not saying that anyone should be pointing fingers, but it's much harder to insult a majority then a minority. Should it be done? No. Will the media continue to blame Islam? yes.

(as of 2005) Islam is the second largest religion, it's just a minority in America and other places. Seeing how Islam is also the  on of the fastest growing religions, I don't think it'll lose its place any time soon. The media needs to fix their shit_icon.gif

(as of 2005) Islam is the second largest religion, it's just a minority in America and other places.

I'm speaking about strictly in America, as I don't know enough about other countries to comment. I do understand it's a large percentage, just not so much in America.

Crap didn't mean to double post.

Edited by Noxramus