Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most Efficient Weapons? (Damage Per Ammo Used)

Devanor

Question

Greetings fellow Tenno. I've returned after a long time of absence, and with all the new weapons that have been added, I believe I need to get a few upgrades.

Before my absence, I used Hek, Lex and Scindo, with the thought that I want weapons that may not fire often, but they hit hard, making them very cost-efficient. (This shouldn't affect my sword since it doesn't cost ammo or anything. but i still prefer something that hits for alot)

With the new weapons, I'm looking for weapons that work the same way, and my current sights are on:

Tigris, to replace Hek

Lex Prime (It will take time to find all parts, i know...)

Scindo Prime (Same as above)

Anyone who's got any recommendations, or does this look good?

Don't have any factual numbers in front of me, but all I know is the build I have for Quanta lets me shoot for 43 seconds on a single mag and it does insane amounts of damage. Don't have a screenshot of the build, but the mods are (all max):

Serration, Heavy Caliber, Split Chamber, Shred, Point Strike, Vital Sense, Infected Clip and Stormbringer.

I haven't used the tigris much, so I don't know how viable it is.

But the hek is still pretty good with the new syndicate mod for it, you get that from steel meridian.

And if you want a high damage per hit weapon with good ammo efficiency, you could check out the opticor. It has a lot of puncure damage at the cost of low fire rate, but who cares its a freaking laser cannon. You can also get a small AoE blast when you hit terrain with it, for taking out clustered groups of trash mobs.

Most ammo effecient

Ogris, Lanka, Dread, Synoid, marelok

If you haven't played since Hek, Lex and Scindo you have missed ALOT and should probably power thro all the new weapons

Regardless of ammo economy in terms of Damage per ammo, Boltor prime and Soma prime will be better than using Hek/lex

Edited by Tatersail

Synoid gammacor.

You can just press left click without removing your hand,it will wreck everything and wont consume that much ammo at all.

Its so op its not even funny.

Paired with the crazy effect of 25% energy regen and +25% energy max... Caster frame energy heaven.

If you haven't played since Hek, Lex and Scindo you have missed ALOT and should probably power thro all the new weapons

Indeed I've missed alot, which is why I asked for help. This "damage 2.0" is also very confusing for me, as I stopped playing before the patch was released. It's like I'm playing a different game altogether, what with all the stuff I have to learn...

I can 10/10 recommend the Tigris. 

vIe4TxW.jpg

Properly modded it is a monster. I honestly cannot recall an occasion where I ran out of ammo. With that said, if you don't do enough damage, you might just put it away because it is not being as murderous as you'd like. Personally my most used weapon lately despite all the *@##$ing people do about it. 

I can 10/10 recommend the Tigris. 

Properly modded it is a monster. I honestly cannot recall an occasion where I ran out of ammo. With that said, if you don't do enough damage, you might just put it away because it is not being as murderous as you'd like. Personally my most used weapon lately despite all the *@##$ing people do about it. 

Hmm yes, the Tigris was the first thing that caught my attention among the new weapons, as it's considered one of the strongest shotguns currently. I did consider the Drakgoon, but it deals less damage with the quickshot, and only deals sligthly more if charged, which is why I dismissed it.

I would avoid shotguns today

Fall off and spread on these weapons makes them melee range weapons.

Hek has a syndicate mod that adds multishot making it the only real viable option, and while you will have no problems, I would not call it "competitive"

Drakgoon is also decent but plays more like a sniper/bow.

Putting 6 forma on Tigris will give you a weapon that's decent, but 2-3 forma on other weapons give you an amazing weapon.

Damage 2.0 is very simple, you mod for the faction your fighting using your A B and C slots

-IGNORE Slash impact and puncture, they are currently pointless

-Try to avoid Blast (fire + cold) its weak vs most factions

Your 3 main elements;

-Electric and Toxic make corrosive which you can use for almost all of the game (75% bonus to heavy gineer/infested)

-Electric and cold make Magnetic which you use against corpus

-Fire and electric make radiation for a bonus vs some gineer sub-factions

If you find yourself fighting level 100+ enemies, consider swapping to Viral (Toxic + cold) with a high proc chance weapon

If you want to ignore the system, electric + toxic(corrosive) + cold is your best option

Edited by Tatersail

I would avoid shotguns today

Why is that?

If you get the new syndicate mod to Hek you won't need to replace it. It hits like a truck. Strapped to a rocket.

"Syndicate"? Yet another thing I have to learn about I suppose...

If you don't mind having low fire rate

bows (modded for crits) & opticor

synoid gammacor/vaykor marelok/brakk

scindo prime with crit/dmg build & cleaving whirlwind stance

these are currently the most dmg/ammo economy efficient

the drawback will be that dealing with crowds will be a little more hard with primaries

Why is that?

Shotguns deal less damage as range increases, they have "damage falloff"

They have also been left behind by the power creep

New guns have been released that do 20k 30k 40k damage while shotguns have mostly been left behind at 10k to make this worse the shotgun falloff mechanic drops this damage with range and the spead on most of guns mean most pellets don't hit.

You can still get full damage from a shotgun by walking up to melee, inserting your shotgun into enemies heads and unloading, but the newly release guns can do double this damage from 50m

and if your walking into melee, the new melee weapons and stances are a better option offering things like life steal, mobility, no reloads, no ammo etc.

Edited by Tatersail

Why is that?

"Syndicate"? Yet another thing I have to learn about I suppose...

Everyone and their mother snobs the shotguns because of the fall off damage. I can take part in a survival IV just as well (if not better) than a Soma/Nova Prime player with my Tigris. 

Go for the weapon you like. Everyone here mentioned the most OP weapon they can think of, but truth is any weapon can do the job and pull it's weight. I'm a big fan of Tigris, but if you don't like the Duplex, don't bother with it, it's as simple as that, it all comes down to what you like and gets the job done. 

Also, the fall-off on Tigris is barely noticeable at lower levels or even high level (not extreme levels of endless modes). 

Syndicates are a new system of factions to whom you can pledge allegiance. You can see them to the left of your navigation in your Liset. They all have a 6-7 line paragraph to intrigue you, and you can sacrifice some items to get more respect from them as well as a sigil. Wearing a faction's sigils on your warframe (via "Regalia" in personalisation) will give you positive points toward 2 syndicate and negative points toward another two Syndicates. You can get rewards with said points and they serve as a Syndicate currency. 

Edited by Kinperor

Kinperor (sorry) you have 6 formas on that beast, a void trader mod that's no longer available, various nightmare and corrupted mods and your a high ranking player with other options to support Tigris.

do that to any gun and its going to perform or as you say "any weapon can do the job and pull it's weight."

consider somebody who hasn't played the game since Hex/lex, who will have no new/event mods and may not want to put 6 forma on a single gun? (thats like... 3 hours of Draco farm!! or 4 days of normal play)

Edited by Tatersail

eagle you have 6 formas on that beast, a void trader mod that's no longer available, various nightmare and corrupted mods and your a high ranking player with other options to support Tigris.

do that to any gun and its going to perform or as you say "any weapon can do the job and pull it's weight."

consider somebody who hasn't played the game since Hex/lex, who will have no new/event mods and may not want to put 6 forma on a single gun? (thats like... 3 hours of Draco farm!! or 4 days of normal play)

Eagle...? That's just a title related to my post count...

I've been using my Tigris much before the Void Trader and with 5 Forma. The sixth Forma was only to accommodate the Primed Point Blank. It still was my strongest weapon back then. The change from Point Blank to Primed Point Blank was nice but not needed by any stretch of the imagination. 

Even 2 or 3 Forma will be more than enough to make a good Tigris for everyday missions (as well as some endless missions). I think it's fully within any player to obtain a worthy Tigris, even if it doesn't have every strong mods under the sun. 

Eagle...? That's just a title related to my post count...

I've been using my Tigris much before the Void Trader and with 5 Forma. The sixth Forma was only to accommodate the Primed Point Blank. It still was my strongest weapon back then. The change from Point Blank to Primed Point Blank was nice but not needed by any stretch of the imagination. 

Even 2 or 3 Forma will be more than enough to make a good Tigris for everyday missions (as well as some endless missions). I think it's fully within any player to obtain a worthy Tigris, even if it doesn't have every strong mods under the sun. 

Think though that for a topic like this you should go along the line of no forma at all. Weapons that are great at base stats. People use standard bratons with 8 forma and call the weapon good because of it. In the end you just polish a turd. (you do get a polished turd though, it's something) But other weapons just don't need to be polished in order to be usable.

Weapons with innate polarity (source http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Polarity)

Secondarys

so top end guns because they have 2 Innate polaritys?

Boltor prime

Latron prime

Dread

Paris prime

Soma

Brakk

Castanas

Despair

Kunai

Hikou

do we even count D on pistols as a polarity :)