The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

Maybe the second art could be the prime ? Your original prime concept isn't anymore to date ;) (golden vines omg)

well i do indeed need to remake the prime variant! but i really want it to be the normal model, though i will make a prime again at some point.

to be honest I liked the less "serious" design of her better. 

everyone is entitled to their own opinion :) maybe i'll change your mind when the art is finished!

nice concept

Oh gosh, this is amazing! The lore is incredibly engaging and sad at the same time. This is outstanding! Thank you so much! Official head-canon alert!

glad you like it! very happy somebody read the lore! I've been thinking of taking screenshots in game and shopping lotus' speech boxes to fit my story for a better representation!

also gonna go ahead and repost this for more opinions

Verdant Swarm: in this variant Flora will summon up 4/8/12/16 man eating plants that are slightly smaller, these however will be stationary, but will shoot out vines and pull a single enemy into their maw eating away at them, meanwhile they're still visible and very much an easy target. Killing a grabbed enemy will allow the plant to fully consume them and restore energy just like the current 4.

Elemental Verdance: Flora's man eating plant will pull all enemies within a 10/15/20/25m radius into it then will begin to feast on it's captured prey, dealing 100/200/300/400 damage per second. the damage type is regulated by the damage types on Flora's Currently equipped weapon. Every 12/9/6/3% of an afflicted enemy's health that is depleted regenerates 0.5/0.6/0.8/1 energy.

Verdant Embrace: flora covers everything within a 10/15/20/25 meter radius in foliage, the foliage absorb 10/20/30/40% of damage any ally in the foliage would take, then at the end of it's 10/12/14/16 second duration, its releases a pulse of energy that restores health equal to 25/50/75/100% of the damage taken, and energy equal to 10/11/12/13% of the damage.

Verdant Force: Flora sends out a massive wave of plants that covers the floors, walls, and ceilings in a direction dealing 150/300/450/600 puncture damage and 150/300/450/600 impact damage, and will drag enemies with it, then once it hits a wall it will stick the enemies to that wall.

id be very cool with it, in fact i encourage it :)

on a different note, here's my work so far. tried to  merge my two ideas and it's coming along nicely.

8lRVU7J.jpg

This will sound funny as hell... but my favorite part about this is the Feet... The way you have them roughed out looks very much like the way they concept the frames in DE so I like it very much. Also you have kept the "Anime" feel to me by the way you have he composition of her stance as well. She seems timid in a sense but also quirky, which belies her true abilities. which I must admit I like very much. All in all I like this a lot more than the original and I cannot wait to see her finished and colored. 

Edited by (XB1)Clayton Peace

This will sound funny as hell... but my favorite part about this is the Feet... The way you have them roughed out looks very much like the way they concept the frames in DE so I like it very much. Also you have kept the "Anime" feel to me by the way you have he composition of her stance as well. She seems timid in a sense but also quirky, which belies her true abilities. which I must admit I like very much. All in all I like this a lot more than the original and I cannot wait to see her finished and colored. 

thanks! very happy for the in depth feedback! i probably wont be able to finish it today because im gonna be busy, but hopefully tomorrow. 

anyways, yes i put a good amount of effort into making her have some personality in simply her look and stance, which is something i think DE aims for! also the other concept i had put up a while ago has the feel similar to the feet throughout the warframe!

i like it man! I'd love to put it in the OP with credits to you if you dont mind!

also, i like your vines! i may have to work on mine to look a little more like that!

of course you can, heck if you want you can expand on the design.  I was actually gonna put more detail into the vines but I'd been up for 12 hours running on only 3 hours of sleep so I said screw it lol. btw the things on the daphne helm are meant to be leaf like, I ended up putting my own spin on it a bit.

of course you can, heck if you want you can expand on the design.  I was actually gonna put more detail into the vines but I'd been up for 12 hours running on only 3 hours of sleep so I said screw it lol. btw the things on the daphne helm are meant to be leaf like, I ended up putting my own spin on it a bit.

I know how that goes haha! looks good man! i'll put it in after i post this!

A M A Z I N G Concept !

You know what I´d like? Sinergizing abilities. Like Flora and Oberon (or Saryn) would do a special power if some of their abilities are used at the same time ....

I Like Flora, I want Flora, and please DE, say something else about it please :D

Glad you like it dude! 

and yea synergizing abilities would be cool with a lot of the warframes! flora already kind of has synergy with brambles, you can use elemental attacks on it to add that element to it! i have a plan to expand on that too!

i really hope my idea is taken seriously by DE :) also something else? have they said something already O.O

thanks! very happy for the in depth feedback! i probably wont be able to finish it today because im gonna be busy, but hopefully tomorrow. 

anyways, yes i put a good amount of effort into making her have some personality in simply her look and stance, which is something i think DE aims for! also the other concept i had put up a while ago has the feel similar to the feet throughout the warframe!

You're welcome haha as I mentioned before I am an artists... and if I did not mention it before well... I did now XD so I like to over analyze things. I love the details, and I love concept art, that WAS the career I was aiming for. I try to give honest opinions on peoples art, with honest critique. There is a difference between being a $&*^ and being honest. So I hate when people just say "That sucks" with no real reason other than it does not apply to what "They" like. In this case of your new Flora I am all positive feedback for you. Everything works well in it, over all composition, biomechanical nature like design with the nice filigree detailing looks superb even for a nice rough start that you will most likely tighten and go over before applying color or a speed paint. The whispies on the head look nice, a little like whiskers but the "cuteness" of Flora kind of cancels that thought for me. Since the overall view is mostly "Front" with no Turn around on this new concept, I cannot tell if she has heels or not, but I would hope not, I prefer the thought of her being short and possibly a "Younger" Tenno. The very Petal look and feel of most all the armor goes well, you can clearly tell what they are meant to be without being overly obvious. The "Skirt" I feel is at a good length, not "eechi" short or "conservative" long, I mean, I have drawn a few "Guyver" concepts in my past, which seem to fit in the same parallel flow of artist stylized domain, but I have never actually attempted a Warframe, so take what I say with a grain of salt. If I could give anything negative, at best, it would be the helmet, it is good, but maybe shift the petals so they are not so perfect... maybe, I do not know, I like it as it is, but for feedback purposes, there is a critique hahaha.

As for not finishing it, I totally understand I was busy today, writing more in my comic story/book and studying for a Unionized Aptitude test... which is why I am still awake and I have 5am wake-up time... so nervous I cannot sleep, mind is running a mile a minute. So I will look forward to seeing what you have done when I make it home from the city later this afternoon.

@(XB1)Clayton Peace Wow! thank you for the wonderful feedback! i totally understand where you're coming from with all this and i have taken what you have said into consideration! the new design is finished and i just need to make some ability updates and i'll be ready to update the OP!

and what do you mean WAS your aimed career?

also, i've been considering making a post about concept help and tutorials!

@(XB1)Clayton Peace Wow! thank you for the wonderful feedback! i totally understand where you're coming from with all this and i have taken what you have said into consideration! the new design is finished and i just need to make some ability updates and i'll be ready to update the OP!

and what do you mean WAS your aimed career?

also, i've been considering making a post about concept help and tutorials!

HAHA I am glad you liked it, I was worried I went a little... over the top, but I am happy you enjoyed it and I eagerly await seeing the finished product ^_^

as for the rest, I pm's ya cheers

ps. Concept and Tutorials would probably be a hugely popular thread, and I full support that message :3

HAHA I am glad you liked it, I was worried I went a little... over the top, but I am happy you enjoyed it and I eagerly await seeing the finished product ^_^

as for the rest, I pm's ya cheers

ps. Concept and Tutorials would probably be a hugely popular thread, and I full support that message :3

you can never go over the top on feedback!

You mean like a help thread about conceptart and Tutorials on how to make them?

In that case yes, it will be greatly appreciated by many, and many of us can contribute.

You have my yes.

I'll start on it ASAP.

I hope this warframe for Update 17...

God, DE please...

I do too :)

OP has been updated with new skills and a new look for flora :)

you can never go over the top on feedback!

OP has been updated with new skills and a new look for flora :)

HO HO HO, I love the helmet now... seriously just the small adjustment to the whispies with the color Added... it makes this amazing, and looks so much more professional than the previous concepts... I love it... love... it... 

like I cannot even come to grips with a good feedback besides... 

1fed6c68d4872cb8fd709289b61cee69b07542e3

EDIT: If I am to make a small suggestion, you could Make the Version 2 concept and the Version 3 concept Helmets, in the new "Style" and update them as the "Cosmetic" Alternate Helmets, they do look very nice and I love the helmet now, just saying they are also very nice and would look good as the Alternates ^w^

Edited by (XB1)Clayton Peace

I'm sorry but the 3rd concept is still the most beautiful of them all ...

Maybe try to give the new one with prime colors ?

Remember this is a Warframe, not a Kawaii beauty pageant ^__^ It is meant to be a killing machine with Bio-mechanical outlook drawing on the inspiration of nature and plant life  :) Tho I enjoy the 3rd concept very much, I feel like the 4th is more in the proper direction of being a warframe and not a kids Sunday morning cartoon Character. I did mention into bringing the Second and the Third Helmets over in the style he has it now, as the Cosmetic/Arcane Variants :3

HOWEVER, this is not flame or hate, and I respect your opinion and can understand where you are coming from. I also respect MrPigman's opinions and decisions as we are all entitled to them ^__^ have a wonderful Sunday :D

HO HO HO, I love the helmet now... seriously just the small adjustment to the whispies with the color Added... it makes this amazing, and looks so much more professional than the previous concepts... I love it... love... it... 

like I cannot even come to grips with a good feedback besides... 

1fed6c68d4872cb8fd709289b61cee69b07542e3

EDIT: If I am to make a small suggestion, you could Make the Version 2 concept and the Version 3 concept Helmets, in the new "Style" and update them as the "Cosmetic" Alternate Helmets, they do look very nice and I love the helmet now, just saying they are also very nice and would look good as the Alternates ^w^

thank you! and yea i'll get busy adding the alt helms. probably will remake the prime as well.

I think version 3 of her look is the best, but the new one looks good too.

the new version is mostly just a more detailed version 3, with a little more warframe details and touches. but you're opinions is appreciated thank you!

I'm sorry but the 3rd concept is still the most beautiful of them all ...

Maybe try to give the new one with prime colors ?

it seems you're not the only one who thinks this! i've been meaning to do a little more studying of some of the more smooth warframes such as excal, mesa and nova to see what makes them look like warframes, so that i can keep close with v3 and still make it look like a warframe rather than a fantasy character! not that there's anything wrong with that!

Remember this is a Warframe, not a Kawaii beauty pageant ^__^ It is meant to be a killing machine with Bio-mechanical outlook drawing on the inspiration of nature and plant life  :) Tho I enjoy the 3rd concept very much, I feel like the 4th is more in the proper direction of being a warframe and not a kids Sunday morning cartoon Character. I did mention into bringing the Second and the Third Helmets over in the style he has it now, as the Cosmetic/Arcane Variants :3

HOWEVER, this is not flame or hate, and I respect your opinion and can understand where you are coming from. I also respect MrPigman's opinions and decisions as we are all entitled to them ^__^ have a wonderful Sunday :D

haha yes, as she progressed i was afraid the people taking her as "cute" would kill the aspect that she is indeed a warframe and capable of killing hundreds! so, my real challenge has been to balance the beloved "cute" factor and the "lethal killing machine" factor. the newest design is definitely more towards killing machine.

haha yes, as she progressed i was afraid the people taking her as "cute" would kill the aspect that she is indeed a warframe and capable of killing hundreds! so, my real challenge has been to balance the beloved "cute" factor and the "lethal killing machine" factor. the newest design is definitely more towards killing machine.

idk  nothing wrong with trying for both  - the minions from overlord 1-2 ,  tiny tina ,  the Cheshire  cat ,   

this 

Siberian-Husky.jpg

turns into this 

real_friends_by_pawkeye-d3ciwv8.jpg

nothing wrong with  pretty and scary 

idk  nothing wrong with trying for both  - the minions from overlord 1-2 ,  tiny tina ,  the Cheshire  cat ,   

this 

Siberian-Husky.jpg

turns into this 

real_friends_by_pawkeye-d3ciwv8.jpg

nothing wrong with  pretty and scary 

fair point :P

Always saw Saryn as flora...Oberon as fauna.

haha! funny thing is, neither of their abilities match said theme!

nice job on the new art :) I still like the version of her with thorns on her and the alt helmet with the vine/flower pony tail was cool too. anyway just my opinion ^_^. like to see how she progresses

it seems that's the much more preferred version! as i said i need to do some examining of some of the warframes to see how i can make that one look like a warframe! done a little work, but not much to show for at this time.