Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

The more I read the thread the more I like the concept. But keep the appearance that's fully donce, the new draws aren't bad, but they're not as ... smooth, I'd say

I still prefer her old 3rd and 4th though

EDIT : Lactamid's idea is f*cking awesome ! that'd make a excellent Augment Mod

Edited by Feuershark

The more I read the thread the more I like the concept. But keep the appearance that's fully donce, the new draws aren't bad, but they're not as ... smooth, I'd say

I still prefer her old 3rd and 4th though

EDIT : Lactamid's idea is f*cking awesome ! that'd make a excellent Augment Mod

haha yes i was drawing that new one just as an alternate look. again it was never meant to replace my current one.

her old 3 would not have scaled well, and her 3 is still a bit under construction so i still have changes to do. and her 4th is now just a ramped up version of the old one.

and yea his idea was very awesome, so awesome i already added it in the OP :P

Don't listen to anyone MrPigman, you finish that new design... I want to see it... I need to see it...

gives me thee precious

well if i dont listen then this concept wouldnt be so great would it? :P but yes i plan to finish the new design i just need to get off my lazy butt.

and now onto a different subject, new ideas for flora's 4:

Verdant Swarm: in this variant Flora will summon up 4/8/12/16 man eating plants that are slightly smaller, these however will be stationary, but will shoot out vines and pull a single enemy into their maw eating away at them, meanwhile they're still visible and very much an easy target. Killing a grabbed enemy will allow the plant to fully consume them and restore energy just like the current 4.

Elemental Verdance: Flora's man eating plant will pull all enemies within a 10/15/20/25m radius into it then will begin to feast on it's captured prey, dealing 100/200/300/400 damage per second. the damage type is regulated by the damage types on Flora's Currently equipped weapon. Every 12/9/6/3% of an afflicted enemy's health that is depleted regenerates 0.5/0.6/0.8/1 energy.

Verdant Embrace: flora covers everything within a 10/15/20/25 meter radius in foliage, the foliage absorb 10/20/30/40% of damage any ally in the foliage would take, then at the end of it's 10/12/14/16 second duration, its releases a pulse of energy that restores health equal to 25/50/75/100% of the damage taken, and energy equal to 10/11/12/13% of the damage.

Verdant Force: Flora sends out a massive wave of plants that covers the floors, walls, and ceilings in a direction dealing 150/300/450/600 puncture damage and 150/300/450/600 impact damage, and will drag enemies with it, then once it hits a wall it will stick the enemies to that wall.

just some ideas. If you have any ideas of your own please do share :)

... Verdant Force and Verdant Swarm, I like those two the most and equally.

Verdant Swarm

I like the idea of making little Audry II's that attack, hinder, and damage my opposition. Oooooooo can they sing and harmonize tooooo o.o

image.png?w=497

For those who do not catch the reference there.

Verdant Force

a little damage and some disabling repelling action... this would be my go to pinch move. Clears away the enemies and traps them to the walls for easy pickings.

... Verdant Force and Verdant Swarm, I like those two the most and equally.

Verdant Swarm

I like the idea of making little Audry II's that attack, hinder, and damage my opposition. Oooooooo can they sing and harmonize tooooo o.o

image.png?w=497

For those who do not catch the reference there.

Verdant Force

a little damage and some disabling repelling action... this would be my go to pinch move. Clears away the enemies and traps them to the walls for easy pickings.

thank you for the feedback! while playing a darksector i thought of a Buff for Verdant Embrace!

Reminds me of baby Groot 121914_GuardiansoftheGalaxy_GrootFigure-

We are groot

This is probably my favourite fan frame concept I've seen on these forums, and I don't say that lightly. Excellent work.

why thank you kind tenno

I plant to finally finish off the alternate Flora design today. we'll see how far i get on that XD

Honestly i was just talking, your skills are fine :P I was just saying they seemed okay, because well It's not my type of warframe. But it fits fine with the others so. It is fine. Don't worry bout it :P

Oh i see, well obviously it cant be everyone's cup of tea! though i'm still going through with the reworks on 3 and 4.

If DE made this frame and made it a Platinum only deal....

I'd still buy it.

Like, twice.

Even if it was like 600p.

lolol even though i think i would still buy it too that would be one heck of a rip off hahaha!

Thats the spirit!

You dont have to push it to chroma levels tho.

haha oh no XD the design should be close to the original, but i'm adding a bit more visual noise and organic textures to make it look like a warframe. i like the form of my original design but it's mainly the actual texture and feel of it that i'm not satisfied with.

I'm thinking about drawing some flora fan art and posting it on here, would you be cool with that?

id be very cool with it, in fact i encourage it :)

on a different note, here's my work so far. tried to  merge my two ideas and it's coming along nicely.

8lRVU7J.jpg

id be very cool with it, in fact i encourage it :)

on a different note, here's my work so far. tried to  merge my two ideas and it's coming along nicely.

8lRVU7J.jpg

TBH, this is looking very Prime-esque with all the sharp edges and ornamental protrusions. I can dig it. I can dig it very much so (deep?). I like how her breastplate is starting to look like a turtle neck or tunic :3

well here it is. I kinda ended up putting a bunch of your stuff together, hope you like it. v2QDmXi.jpg

even signed it.

i like it man! I'd love to put it in the OP with credits to you if you dont mind!

also, i like your vines! i may have to work on mine to look a little more like that!

TBH, this is looking very Prime-esque with all the sharp edges and ornamental protrusions. I can dig it. I can dig it very much so (deep?). I like how her breastplate is starting to look like a turtle neck or tunic :3

actually a lot of the  "ornamental protrusions" you speak of are meant to be vines that i imagine would slowly and gently wave! i feel like that would give her much more life!

Edited by MrPigman