The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Flora, The Life and Death Plant Warframe|New Art[3/26/2018]

MrPigman

You might have seen it already.

Dolomedes, Ensnaring Archwing Concept [ Needs a Pic]

let me know what you and or Link think about it.

ah i saw it but didnt look in (again i dont really know much about archwing). sorry X) it always makes me happy seeing people post ideas other than warframes so naturally i was hoping for the best for it! ill go check it out though, hopefully i can give some sort of feedback.

I added the Archwing to my topic and added a link back to here. Thank you.

added a link to your post as well :) thank you for allowing the connection to become real! and of course thank you link for getting the archwing concept started.

I've decided that with the integration of cicero crisis into her back story i will make a comic to show the story. once the comic is finished i will update the OP. here's the first page.

l1BuiO8.jpg

This is a great way to introduce Flora into the game! I'm looking forward to the others :P

I like your style with the limited and rather subdued color-pallet.

Nice drawings all around, now I am feeling I have to get my act together and draw my Typhus comic!

Great stuff!

haha thank you and goodluck!

This is a great way to introduce Flora into the game! I'm looking forward to the others :P

that's what i thought too :) gotta get page 2 finished :s

The plants(skills and stuff) should be looking similar to the infestation in the orokin derelict(those trees). They should not look similar to earth's vegetation for lore purposes. Let's say her pod suffered a fissure while in derelict, exposing her to the mutagen thus altering her in a way(or more). Even tho tenno are supposed to be immune to the technocyte virus, they are only said of being immune to the corruption. She won't be corrupted, just altered(you can call it evolution maybe, not trying to sound like mutalist salad V :D )

The concept is a genius one and drawings are gorgeous. Good luck and may we see it added soon.

Edited by Xtin

interesting, id love to hear about it sometime! i'll do art for it but i have a lot on my plate right now as is so idk when i can get to it lol.

also what do you mean you need a comp?

I need a computer to upload the pics and describe what the unintelligible handwritten words are lol.

hello! i've been thinking. flora's 4 is cool and all, but it seems a bit too much lie vortex mechanically speaking. so i was thinking of making a new ability.

i havent gotten much yet, but if anyone has some ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

maybe an ability that lets you spawn a small army of different plants. like a plant that spits acid or a venus flytrap that deals damage over time to the enemy who it's attached to. and every time you level up that ability it lets you spawn more and deadlier plants. maybe 2/3/4/5 plants.

If you're looking for a new ability, you could try something like this:

Radiant Overgrowth-

Thorny branches and leaves form around Flora giving her some type of buff (perhaps armor or even increased status chance) This ability also works as a blind that effects enemies as you walk near them so it'll have a slightly smaller radius than usual. I dunno I'm new to this and I know that was very basic but this looks so kick arse so far and I hope we get to see something like this in the future :)

Edit: Looking back on this, it feels a little too underwhelming to be a 4 but perhaps you could work off this to make something cooler.

Edited by (XB1)TsK x BraVo

i havent gotten much yet, but if anyone has some ideas, they would be greatly appreciated.

I'm thinking of something involving cordyceps. A fungus that takes over the host's body and influences its brain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps

How about some sort of toggle that buffs her damage and every enemy she kills while it's active gets mutated and taken over by her spores, who then fight for her.

Or a castable AOE immobilize, and enemies within it that are killed are mutated.

maybe an ability that lets you spawn a small army of different plants. like a plant that spits acid or a venus flytrap that deals damage over time to the enemy who it's attached to. and every time you level up that ability it lets you spawn more and deadlier plants. maybe 2/3/4/5 plants.

interesting

If you're looking for a new ability, you could try something like this:

Radiant Overgrowth-

Thorny branches and leaves form around Flora giving her some type of buff (perhaps armor or even increased status chance) This ability also works as a blind that effects enemies as you walk near them so it'll have a slightly smaller radius than usual. I dunno I'm new to this and I know that was very basic but this looks so kick arse so far and I hope we get to see something like this in the future :)

Edit: Looking back on this, it feels a little too underwhelming to be a 4 but perhaps you could work off this to make something cooler.

yes, i agree it is a little underwhelming for a 4, but a neat idea none the less.

I'm thinking of something involving cordyceps. A fungus that takes over the host's body and influences its brain. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cordyceps

How about some sort of toggle that buffs her damage and every enemy she kills while it's active gets mutated and taken over by her spores, who then fight for her.

Or a castable AOE immobilize, and enemies within it that are killed are mutated.

interesting. would have to have some sort of unique function to the turned so that it doesnt step on nekros or nyx.

i read the ideas and kind of came up with some stuff. just some brain storming.

perhaps a skill that will turn all the drops around her into plants. depending on the drop changes the plant. after the plants fade the drop returns and has a chance to drop an additional one.

or

flora sheaths her weapon and begins to shoot waves of spores instead of her gun, enemies hit by the spores take some damage and will have roots growing from them, ensnaring them.

idk, just some brain storming. Let the ideas flow!

interesting

yes, i agree it is a little underwhelming for a 4, but a neat idea none the less.

interesting. would have to have some sort of unique function to the turned so that it doesnt step on nekros or nyx.

i read the ideas and kind of came up with some stuff. just some brain storming.

perhaps a skill that will turn all the drops around her into plants. depending on the drop changes the plant. after the plants fade the drop returns and has a chance to drop an additional one.

or

flora sheaths her weapon and begins to shoot waves of spores instead of her gun, enemies hit by the spores take some damage and will have roots growing from them, ensnaring them.

idk, just some brain storming. Let the ideas flow!

The shooting spores thing gave me an idea to modify the cordyceps.

She causes spores to burst in an AOE where she's aiming. Enemies in the area are blinded and slowed as the spores try to take over for the duration of the ult. If the blinded enemies are killed, the spores mutate and take over their bodies. Cordyceps only fight unarmed, but are faster and radiate their health to Flora and her allies over time (keeping her ult's healing capabilities).

For an augment, enemies killed by Cordyceps become Cordyceps themselves.

The number of Cordyceps could be limited to some value, so she cant stockpile them endlessly. Enemies that would turn beyond her cap instead instantly radiate whatever health they would have had.

The shooting spores thing gave me an idea to modify the cordyceps.

She causes spores to burst in an AOE where she's aiming. Enemies in the area are blinded and slowed as the spores try to take over for the duration of the ult. If the blinded enemies are killed, the spores mutate and take over their bodies. Cordyceps only fight unarmed, but are faster and radiate their health to Flora and her allies over time (keeping her ult's healing capabilities).

For an augment, enemies killed by Cordyceps become Cordyceps themselves.

The number of Cordyceps could be limited to some value, so she cant stockpile them endlessly. Enemies that would turn beyond her cap instead instantly radiate whatever health they would have had.

that sounds pretty dope

Spore Dance: while in this state attacks have a 50%(upgradable with power strength) chance pass through her. she also gains additional movespeed and will leave a trail of spores. enemies who pass the trail of spores will begin to stagger around in pain as the spores begin to grow in them. enemies killed while staggering turn into plant nulls in which will mindlessly attack flora's enemies.

also.

Spore Flurry: Flora creates a flurry of spores around her which will deal 1/2/3/4 gas damage per second, additionally every time an enemy takes damage from the spores, they begin to take 1/2/3/4% more damage. if an enemy is killed in the spore flurry, they will turn into small venus fly traps that will ensnare and damage nearby enemies. this skill lasts 11/13/15/17 seconds.

just some thoughts. i'd love to hear more of your ideas! whether i use it or not it will inspire me i promise you!

Spore Flurry: Flora creates a flurry of spores around her which will deal 1/2/3/4 gas damage per second, additionally every time an enemy takes damage from the spores, they begin to take 1/2/3/4% more damage. if an enemy is killed in the spore flurry, they will turn into small venus fly traps that will ensnare and damage nearby enemies. this skill lasts 11/13/15/17 seconds.

just wanna suggest, are you sure you shouldn't add a bit more gas damage to this attack, after all gas is pretty weak and only strong against infested flesh but is still low (because it's weakened on cloned grineer flesh (-50%) and corpus flesh (-25%)), a bit more Dps would be fine

I can't think of anything else but this is what I got

Sacred Forest- raises a tree from the ground that gives a 5%/15%/25%/35% stamina boost within a 3m/5m/7m/10m radius to allies, if an enemy enters it's range (even in air), they will be caught by vines and pulled into the ground (deep underground) dealing 50/75/100/150 Slash DPS, each 3 enemies caught by this can restore 75/125/175/225 health to allies within the radius, this lasts for 5/7/10/12 seconds.

Edited by Hunter126