Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Kestrel + Primed Heavy Trauma + Entropy Flight And You

BlutAdler

Question

Hello there fellow tenno I'd like to ask a question and direct it towards any of you Tenno who still don the Kestrel presently. 

I would like to know how this combination works for you guys? Is it now super deadly/useful? And has anyone tried it with Zephyr's turbulence at max power str for maximum hit-scan possibility? 

I want to hear how the kestrel is now so hit-scan and so impacting you can snipe headshot Tyl Regor reworked from your liset before the update.

Edited by BlutAdler

8 answers to this question

Whirlwind > Entropy flight. Unless you build towards actually using the Kestrel so much that the Entropy effect procs. Primed Heavy trauma just boosts damage, but the starting damage is not very good, on top if that its impact, which is the worst physical damage type.

Edited by Detheroc

The Kestrel with the Syndicate mod is an excellent utility melee weapon. The guaranteed knockdown is incredibly useful and the AoE is a great energy restore.

Primed Heavy Trauma has nothing to do with it and won't be in my builds - the added damage is worse than an elemental against most targets.

Edit: The biggest problem I have with the Kestrel is the range is so short :(

Edited by Darzk

Can't help much sorry.

I main the Kestral, but by main I mean quick melee throws, never equipped!

I did try Entropy + Whirlwind and it is very fast, still nowhere near hitscan, but it is faster than Glaive Prime (with Whirlwind) if that gives you an idea.

In the end though, because the Syndicate effect only procs if it is equipped I dropped Entropy and went back to just Whirlwind which is more than fast enough.

As for Heavy Trauma, I have it, but nowhere near maxed.

As others have pointed out, I just think a faction specific element will give you more mileage.

Warning : The bug where the Kestrel bounces around for an age before you can catch it happens even more with both speed mods.

Like, a lot more often!

Edited by Egg_Chen

Can't help much sorry.

I main the Kestral, but by main I mean quick melee throws, never equipped!

I did try Entropy + Whirlwind and it is very fast, still nowhere near hitscan, but it is faster than Glaive Prime (with Whirlwind) if that gives you an idea.

In the end though, because the Syndicate effect only procs if it is equipped I dropped Entropy and went back to just Whirlwind which is more than fast enough.

As for Heavy Trauma, I have it, but nowhere near maxed.

As others have pointed out, I just think a faction specific element will give you more mileage.

Warning : The bug where the Kestrel bounces around for an age before you can catch it happens even more with both speed mods.

Like, a lot more often!

Even if you put on -bounce? And what about the explosion effect? You ever try that?