Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Great Disappointment (Gun Shot Sfx)

NOSCOPE_xGET_GUDx_BLAZER

I like almost everything about Warframe, but there is one thing that really displeases me: gun shot sound effects.

For some weapons they are pretty good (Bolto, Lex, Vectis, Gorgon) and what is more important - they are in good correlation with weapon model and animation, but there are a number of weapons with sound effects absolutely unsuitable for them (1) and a number of weapons that has really dull sound effects (2).

1) Lets look at the Latron Prime:

This weapon has very good stats, it is well suited for end-game runs for people who like semi-auto wepons.

But THE SOUND. It is so bad that i use this weapon as rare as i can, just to avoid hearing it.

So, whats wrong with it? Lets see...

- It sounds like a damn toy AIR RIFLE. Futuristic spaceninja superweapon developed by a civilization with technological level beyond imagination, in a game where all you do is butcher armies of brutal mindless clones, sounds like a toy air rifle. WAT.

- based on how it sounds i can make an assumption that this is a coil gun of some sort. BUT 1) it absolutely does not look like a coil gun of any kind and this contradiction makes it's sound even more horrible. 2) coil or rail gun in the GAME doesn't have to sound like a real one (and real ones produce almost no sound at all, go check youtube videos of self-made coil guns), coil gun in the GAME can have really cool sound (do you remember Railgun sound from Quake 2? it sounds so badass that you WANT to shoot using it no matter what combat stats it has).

2) Lets take Boar Prime and Penta as an example of the second case:

- Boar Prime gun shot sound effects sounds like Boar Prime is made of plastic, shooting plastic shells with plastic pellets, driven by plastic gunpowder and has massive silencer on top of it. Shouldn't automatic triple-barreled shotgun from the future have a louder and more badass sound?

- Penta... it's grenade explosion sound and animation is just... i don't even know WHY enemy troops get killed when it explodes. Normal people shouldn't die when a FIRECRACKER explodes near them.

I guess you got my point: Warframe is a shooter, in a shooter all you do is shoot obviously, and shooting should be if not super-cool, but at least not repulsive.

Edited by NOSCOPE_xGET_GUDx_BLAZER

Im with you on Latron Prime's sound. I'm not liking it, but hey if you have latron Wraith its pretty much same with stats of prime variant, and has sound of a regular Latron.

Penta's sounds are allright, i mean it's a grenade launcher.

I guess there will be guns that have pew pew sounds, just deal with them, find a replacement or don't use them.