The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where's That Kip-Up Mechanic?

Vanadium

Kip%20Up%20R.gif

With all this CC going around, I'm really wanting this to happen. Sooner rather than later. It's not so much the endless shield lancers anymore, but these SurpriseBombards in the Void, who I can't see/shoot at through these super-bright Nullifier bubbles. Dangerous combos.

Then in the next stream he said sorry and he'd think about it, after there was a huge thread (in this very feedback section!) that basically said "Nope to your Nope, Scott!"

So, it's still on the table.

Also, we're ninjas. We should have been able to do this since day zero.

Then in the next stream he said sorry and he'd think about it, after there was a huge thread (in this very feedback section!) that basically said "Nope to your Nope, Scott!"

So, it's still on the table.

Also, we're ninjas. We should have been able to do this since day zero.

We should, but now we have handspring and constitution and I doubt that if they have a band aid in form of a mod they'll do anything. Edited by Krak_Nihilus

This has allready been suggested a few times. It's also actualy exactly what you get when you got the Handspring mod installed. Your Warframe will quickly flip up again similar to Loki in the open beta trailer.

If you level the mod up your Warframe will get back up with incredible speed, including in mid air. It's almost hillarious when a Grineer heavy knocks you over and your Warframe is back up before the heavy even finished the ground slam animation. As if your Tenno is saying: "I'm a god damn Tenno, you think that will keep me down?!"

It also works against Scorpion/Ancient hooks which allows you to attack them while they are still in the harpoon animation.

The mod is incredible usefull and makes any knockback enemy a lot more tollerable.

And there is the problem. This should not be the result of a mod. This should be a natural part of the gameplay mechanics with the mod as a speed booster. Like pressing jump at the right moment after getting knocked back will get you back on your feet with a stylsih flip.

It would turn knockback from an annoyance into a challenge element. Not an unavoidable cheap shot, but something that demands attention from the player to be overcome more quickly.

After some resistance, Scott eventualy remarked in a devstream how he was talking with the animators about the possebility of adding a manual knockback recovery in style of Handspring to the game, but that was months ago and he has remained silent about the result.

Though the question is why he would need to ask the animators if the recovery animation is allready in the game as visible by Handspring?

Hopefully it's something they have on their radar for their big improvement plans in 2015.

Handspring is my drug, it has a special place in every warframe for me

I like stick it and Constitution on my Trin and Nova for instant recoveries (important for those frames). It looks pretty funny.

But I'd still like some kind of timed mechanic like in Dynasty Warriors for the rest of my frames.

We're Ninjas!