The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

3 Random Void Keys For 25,000 Standing [Conclusion]

Awazx

This change pushes people into the star chart again, since DE didn't pull t4 keys from intinterception, play those with low Mr people rather than complaining about them being made more expensive.

you already had to go do interception for T4 Sabotage keys before the change, now you have to do it for all the T4 keys. Maybe it's just me, but i don't see much change at the end of the day with this.

Stop crying about losing t4 keys.

Rep farming was entirely too easy. I wasn't farming specifically and I still loaded up on 70+ keys two days before they went away- per faction I support. T4's aren't supposed to be easy to get to, and with the current system implementation they were flooding players inventories. They raised the price because it needed to raise the value of the key, and randomized it with a guarentee'd t3+ drop as a show of good faith to the community that it would still be worthwhile. They balance the game as a whole, including retention and content both easily accessible and harder to get to. It's a solid decision when taking the entire game into account, and they even gave us 2 days heads up. If anything, DE is treating the community like kings.

I say 10k for random 1 random T1, T2, T3, T4 keys, and 5k for a specific key.

I don't find it to be a valid argument that, with my suggestion, you could get enough rep in a single void run to buy more keys.  I say this for 3 reasons:

1.)  There is a rep cap.

2.)  We could be spending the rep on syndicate mods/weapons instead, which earns us plat to buy the Prime parts.  

3.)  Chances are very low you are going to get the key you need.  On top of that, chances are very low that you are going to get the part you need from said key.  When you put both of these RNG factors together, I say there's at most a 1/80 chance of getting the rare part you need for spending that 25k.  

The people I see who benefit the most with the current system are new players who have no primes yet, and could make use of a variety of keys.  However, their low mastery rank would make it so it would take 2-3 days to get a pack of 3.  Does this really seem fair?

I dislike the idea of the new packs, we have enough random chances as it is going into void missions for void gear and killing enemies for a chance they will drop their mods without now standings meaning just another random chance. We need some guarantee's for once.

You all had the chance to vote and my guess is you all voted for exactly what you have now.

Thats not true. What the majority voted for was changed before it was implemented in game. The majority voted for 25k rep for 3 void keys, 1 guaranteed T3-T4, 2 random. What we got was 25k rep for 3 void keys, 1 guaranteed T3-T4 and 2 random T1-T2 keys. This is not the same thing..... 

-snip-

The people I see who benefit the most with the current system are new players who have no primes yet, and could make use of a variety of keys.  However, their low mastery rank would make it so it would take 2-3 days to get a pack of 3.  Does this really seem fair?

This is my frustration with the system. It seems to be designed for new players but with requirements that would necessitate high MR players. It makes very little sense.

It's slightly too expensive. The current system @ 15-17.5k would be acceptable. 

Although, as I said before, 20k for 4 keys. One guaranteed T4 and 3 random -or- one from each tier would be better.

It gives new players a goal that is just slightly below 50% of their overall required amount to rank up the syndicate for tier 2. (44k)

It doesn't infringe on the 25k price point. (for everything else) And it doesn't leave players out in the cold pulling a total crap RNG roll. (as you're still getting at least one t4)

I agree completely that the old system is absurd. I also think that 5k per key is a fair price point. 

People are just whining because they can't spend 5k rep to get 5 T4 capture keys, so they can speed run them for an easy 26k+ credits en masse. The way it is now is better because now you get more key options, which you should want considering prime parts are spread across various mission towers. The price should be fine too because by now you should be capped in your syndicate and/or have all of the mods and such.

You really think people do that for money? Don't you know you can sell ammo/health/energy restores for 200,000 credits?

• 2 weeks later...

As an xbox player watching the reaction and upcoming update of this, it worries me. Currently stocking up on keys for this reason in the hopes to trade for others when this happens. In all honestly i'm a rank 13 and could only buy a pack of these a day. I don't need help getting t1/t2 keys as I have 20+ of most t1's and 10+ of most t2's atm. I would be ok with a 5k per key price tag for guaranteed key of my syndicate. I'd even be ok with a 4 for 10k option, completely random unweighted purchase. Even a 3 for 10k-15k guaranteed 1 t4 and completely random unweighted 2. Just my two sense. I'll be stocking up on keys in preparation of Key-Day.

10k to 15k is far more reasonable.

Look 25k means you need to be rank 10 or rank 9.

This is quite absurd.

15K of standings cost would be okay. That is pretty much same as doing all 3 daily missions in 3 days.

i really hope they would change it to this